• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck Ali is a good actor. I am really enjoying it and good jobs all around but homeboy is carrying it. It feels like he's literally playing three characters effortlessly.

Edit: I am getting the feeling Dorff's character is dead in the future. Not just his absence but that he is speaking of death and the past so often.
I awas getting the same vibe re: Dorff.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
That interview with the junk collector: "You like little kids don't ya?"......."The fuck is the right answer for that?" 😂

He ain't wrong lol

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Feeling like a retread so far, but I'll take that compared to what we got in S2. Very solid start.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I guess we have proof of what happens you have world class actors at the top of their game being on this show.

Wow, what an episode. Ali was beyond excellent in the first episode.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man that was a haunting ending there. Awesome start so far, really enjoyed both eps.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I didn't realize that they were airing two episodes tonight and I missed the 9pm showing so I thought the 10pm one was an encore.

Just saw ep2 and thought it was pretty good. Thought the in media res intro to the season was pretty bold.

Now time to go back and watch episode 1 lol

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
It's already doing laps around season 2, now I'm pissed I can't just burn through the rest of it tonight.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
GbwF.gif

Looks like we've got ourselves a TV show. Ali is absolutely brilliant in this.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
About to watch the eps before I go to bed. What are impressions so far? Promising? I dont want to waste my time.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic first two episodes. Unless the quality drops precipitously I don't see the reviews being right on this (the ones that says it's a boring retread). Even if it ends up a by the numbers mystery the directing and acting so far put it miles ahead of season two and a good bit ahead of other genre efforts.

Ali is sublime but that probably goes without saying. But his brief tears in several moments really delivered a gut punch. The man can just sell pain so well. The surprise for me so far has been Dorf. I've always liked him enough but never really looked to him as a stand out dramatic actor but so far he's been really effortless in the role. Scooter is also doing a great job as the grieving father.

I also really appreciate the moments of levity (shout out to Dorf again. He cracked me up a bunch of times). I don't recall there being any in season two or perhaps they just weren't memorable but season one would occasionally drop some really funny lines in and it's a welcome respite from the suffocating tension and gloom.

I will agree that, at least so far, the dynamic of Ali and Dorf does play sort of similar to Woody and Matt in season one. The troubled pensive internalizer in Ali and Matt and the more white bread gruff Dorf and Woody. I'm okay with that though. If it ain't broke don't fix it

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone else catch the reporter asking about child abduction and the "crooked spiral" -same universe as S1?