• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I'm glad Scheer lost, but it was daunting seeing the map and all the blue out west and in all of Ontario except Toronto. They may have lost the election but it wasn't a total rejection of the Conservatives, and that's worrying, seeing that they relied on Trump-like dirty tactics and talking points. I'm really hoping the world starts getting its shit together. This is a start and hopefully will be echoed in the next US election. Alt right conspiracy theories can't be allowed to fester anymore because the longer they have political power, the more damage they cause all of us.

For now, Trudeau needs to realize he's been reluctantly given a second chance and cannot fuck up. Ideally work with the other left parties to advance as much as possible with his second term.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
1920px-Canadian_Federal_Election_Cartogram_2019.svg.png

Joelington

Sep 13, 2019
Canada
There are a lot of times I resent living in Alberta, but seeing all these assholes get salty and bitch and moan on social media fills me with life.

Would've liked to see the NDP take more seats, but I can't really be too disappointed with the election's outcome.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
User Warned: Ableist language
yeah, another four years with this fucking retard. I really hate Justin Trudeau.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for you Canada but the fact that Tredeu survived like 5 blackface scandals is incredible. I don't fully understand how it works with Parliment/Prime Minister (was it proximity to the election that made it impossible to replace him?) but I feel genuinely bad for those in the Liberal party, especially minority members, who have to stomach such a horribly offensive individual as their leader.

I understand it's a lesser of 2 evil things but it still sucks.

He did stupid, ignorant, racist shit in his 20's.

His track record since has proven that he's progressive and demonstrates the values that I want to project to the rest of the world.

I personally don't care about then, I care about now. People can move from a place of ignorance and bigotry to a place of compassion and empathy.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Happy for you Canada but the fact that Tredeu survived like 5 blackface scandals is incredible. I don't fully understand how it works with Parliment/Prime Minister (was it proximity to the election that made it impossible to replace him?) but I feel genuinely bad for those in the Liberal party, especially minority members, who have to stomach such a horribly offensive individual as their leader.

I understand it's a lesser of 2 evil things but it still sucks.
It's pretty simple, you look at the 60,000 people he pulled out of Syria and you look at the Kurds who are being forced to turn back to *Assad* now that the US is pulling out and costumes don't seem to matter so much any more.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
He did stupid, ignorant, racist shit in his 20's.

His track record since has proven that he's progressive and demonstrates the values that I want to project to the rest of the world.

I personally don't care about then, I care about now. People can move from a place of ignorance and bigotry to a place of compassion and empathy.
So how about that time he passed laws to align with UNDRIP and gave billions to solve the clean drinking water crisis.
Oh yeah, that's only in my Trudeau fan fiction and not real life.

Thac

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks Gutter. This helps highlight how concentrated conservatism is. I tend to get distracted by the large empty ridings in Ontaio and Quebec.

Perhaps the Librals in Alberta should rebrand as purple Cons to help pull the country further left.
I did my part. It's annoying living here knowing that in all except a few ridings your vote actually doesn't matter. :(

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The media are coming up with dumbest takes
"country devided"
But it is. The west didn't vote Liberal and Quebec didn't vote Liberal. This is historically what the Liberal Party has always done. They divide the country.

But there is no doubt in my mind that the Liberals had to win this one. There is more than just the immigrant policy but the Conservatives didn't have a good economic plan or any respect for the climate change issue. Canada did vote for the lesser of two evils but there is no doubt that Liberals were the correct choice.

I do think the Alberta hate is unwarranted. Their issue is by far an economic issue. Alberta is not blowing up mosques and passing bill 21. Race is not an issue. Employment took a nose dive under Trudeau and I don't think the rest of Canada really understands the economic situation in Alberta. The suicide rate for young male Albertans has increased by 30%. Anybody who says Alberta voted Conservative because they want to join Trump's America has no fucking idea what they are talking about.

It is still a good day for Canada. The Liberals were the correct choice.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
The Conservatives might have had my attention if they focused on ignored issues like Arctic Sovereignty, Chinese Influence and the disgustingly broken Canadian Forces Procurement Process, but nooooooooope just Scheer and his milk.

Canada as a country sucks at thinking long-term.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Bloc is not a LEFT party

the Bloc are Ultra-Far-Right on Ethnic-Nationalism and can't be reasoned with

You are out of your fucking mind. Bloc is clearly a left wing party for the huge majority of their proposition. Their current separatists agenda is absolutely of no consequence right now since the current provincial government has no intention of pushing this agenda. Also, the Bloc is very reminiscent of the Parti Quebecois and calling them Ultra-Far-Right would possibly be the most ridiculous shit I've heard this year when everybody knows the Parti Québécois is far more Leftist in their gouvernemaman approach. Being Nationalist does not equal being Ultra-Far-Right for fuck's sake.

Yes the bloc are nationalists and they also are for the Laicity proposition. That makes them Ultra-Far Right by default? Fuck the rest? Should we consider Libs Ultra-Far Right too because they bought a fucking petrol pipeline? Fuck the rest too right????

SMH

Last edited:

Parch

Nov 6, 2017

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Congrats Canada on being one of the last stronghold's that the alt right/right wing populism hasn't taken over. Perhaps we will bounce back next year in America, but I have more faith in you than my own country to do the right thing.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
But it is. The west didn't vote Liberal and Quebec didn't vote Liberal. This is historically what the Liberal Party has always done. They divide the country.

AB votes blue all the time every time but it's the Liberals who divide the country? Except a few ridings in Edmonton of course.

And not the CPC and their catering to only Alberta, rich people and racists?

I do think the Alberta hate is unwarranted. Their issue is by far an economic issue. Alberta is not blowing up mosques and passing bill 21. Race is not an issue. Employment took a nose dive under Trudeau and I don't think the rest of Canada really understands the economic situation in Alberta. The suicide rate for young male Albertans has increased by 30%. Anybody who says Alberta voted Conservative because they want to join Trump's America has no fucking idea what they are talking about.

Economic downturn in AB isn't Trudeau's fault, he doesn't control the price of oil.

He bought them a pipeline for billions. I wish he bought a train or subway for GTA.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I'm an NDP supporter (JT and the Liberals aren't progressive enough for me), but realistically it had to go LPC or CPC. Even though my party of choice is down, I'm happy with the result. Divisive election, but luckily we have a parliamentary system so that division is reflected in the result. Maybe that means nobody will get what they want. I'm optimistic, though. If the Liberals decide to mostly rely on the NDP to pass legislation, that means Canada will be more progressive than it had been for the past 4 years. But of course they can always choose to appeal to the Conservatives if they need to.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not, The alberta hate is entirely deserved. I've seen alot of people I know in Alberta praising trump and shitting on everything else. So yeah that tells me exactly that. They voted in a shit provincal goverment as well.

Anyone wanting the west to seperate is being stupid as well and deserves to be called out for it.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

But there is no doubt in my mind that the Liberals had to win this one. There is more than just the immigrant policy but the Conservatives didn't have a good economic plan or any respect for the climate change issue. Canada did vote for the lesser of two evils but there is no doubt that Liberals were the correct choice.

The bolded is a bunch of bull. The last time anything but the right wing was elected was 93 in Manitoba and Saskatchewan and since 1945, Alberta has had nothing but right wing representation in the form of the social credit, cons, reform and the Alliance. You know what the last three are? Just the fucking cons now. The liberals have not divided anyone. Any feeling the prairies have of divide are their own doings.

Also the fact that Alberta refuses to diversify away from oil, when oil takes a hit, if course they are going to get the brunt of the load. Oil losing value is not a Trudeau issue. Alberta does not want help to get off oil. It's the same as the fucking coal miners that voted in Trump.

It's funny how you think it's not about race and that is not an issue when you got huge swaths of the prairies just being racist shitholes. From Maga hats to Confederate flags, these racist idiots repping symbols of hate, symbols of traitors and symbols of America when they are Canadians. Fuck em

Last edited:

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how you think it's not about race and that is not an issue when you got huge swaths of the prairies just being racist shitholes. From Maga hats to Confederate flags, these racist idiots repping symbols of hate, symbols of traitors and symbols of America when they are Canadians. Fuck em
Exactly, it's a big issue with the prariries and I can't stand saying it because I live there.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I voted Liberal, but this victory was not a ringing endorsement of Trudeau by an stretch of the imagination. To me, it's a good will second chance to be the party we envision in our minds when we think of the best aspects of a Liberal government.

No more blackface photos, ethics violations, or doubling down on "I did nothing wrong" speeches in the next 2-4 years, please. Trudeau is still a smug and arrogant virtue points chaser at his worst, but a confident and empathetic fighter for justice and equality at his best. Most of the time, he's a mix of both, so I understand if he rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

I hope the last four years have taught him something about humility. We'll find out sooner than later.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
The bolded is a bunch of bull. The last time anything but the right wing was elected was 93 in Manitoba and Saskatchewan and since 1945, Alberta has had nothing but right wing representation in the form of the social credit, cons, reform and the Alliance. You know what the just three are? Just the fucking cons now. The liberals have not divided anyone. Any feeling the prairies have of divide are their own doings.

Also the fact that Alberta refuses to diversify away from oil, when oil takes a hit, if course they are going to get the brunt of the load. Oil losing value is not a Trudeau issue. Alberta does not want help to get off oil. It's the same as the fucking coal miners that voted in Trump.

yep. i'd have most sympathy for their plight if they weren't acting like a bunch of canadian trumpers.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
So how about that time he passed laws to align with UNDRIP and gave billions to solve the clean drinking water crisis.
Oh yeah, that's only in my Trudeau fan fiction and not real life.
Judging any candidate by what they haven't done is a very strange way to minimize all that they have done, especially with how exceptional Trudeau has been in this regard.

It's like curing cancer and complaining about them not curing Alzheimer's.

No candidate follows through will all of their promises (I think it's plainly unrealistic to expect this), but even then still that recent independent investigation showed Trudeau has followed through with more than any PM in decades. And now there's another term to right what has yet to be so.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Scheer lost, but it was daunting seeing the map and all the blue out west and in all of Ontario except Toronto. They may have lost the election but it wasn't a total rejection of the Conservatives, and that's worrying, seeing that they relied on Trump-like dirty tactics and talking points. I'm really hoping the world starts getting its shit together. This is a start and hopefully will be echoed in the next US election. Alt right conspiracy theories can't be allowed to fester anymore because the longer they have political power, the more damage they cause all of us.

For now, Trudeau needs to realize he's been reluctantly given a second chance and cannot fuck up. Ideally work with the other left parties to advance as much as possible with his second term.

CPC did poorly in the Atlantic, got absolutely trashed in Quebec and did horribly in Ontario considering the circumstances. They ran up the score like crazy in Alberta and Sask. This should honestly be a wake up call to actually have a rational platform that's not so blatantly catered to oil sands investors, but that's wishful thinking. Running on a platform that essentially denies climate change is laughable.

Proving my point. 25k for a country of Canada's size and economy are literal peanuts.

That's not how it works though. Taking in so many refugees requires a shit load of infrastructure and resources to make sure they are properly integrated into society and not on the verge of economic failure. Accepting an arbitrarily high number of refugees would doom an already over-stressed system to failure. That's pretty much a perfect recipe for backlash that could eventually lead to the elimination of the program all together.

Last edited:

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The problem is this is a problem of their own making, and they reject any help that doesn't involve oil. What exactly are the rest of us supposed to do when Alberta has proven time and time again that they actively refuse to get better?

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Yes! My boy won! His brownface stuff didn't bother me. Used to seeing as a brownman people doing brownface all the time when they use bronze tanning spray to have a complexion like mine.

DarkOxygen

Oct 30, 2017
Re: Trudeau buying the pipeline - can someone give me a quick yay/nay on the story that he did this to avoid us getting sued by China, due to how Harper originally made the deal?