• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said politicians shouldn't be offering key medical directives, referring specifically to whether Canadians should be wearing face masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Trudeau told reporters on Monday he's "not going to make health recommendations to people," because "I don't think politicians should be opining on health solutions or fixes."

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has published new findings stating that wearing a facial covering could prevent the spread of the virus among those who are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic. When asked whether Canada would make similar recommendations, Trudeau said he defers to public health authorities for these kinds of solutions.

"I encourage people to continue to listen to Dr. Theresa Tam, and to health experts and professionals on how best we can keep ourselves safe," said Trudeau, referring to Canada's chief public health officer.

Many have criticized U.S. President Donald Trump for offering his own opinions on the use of face masks and not following guidelines outlined by the CDC.

"Wearing a face mask as I greet presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens – I don't know, I don't see it for myself," said Trump at a press conference last week.

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who tested positive for COVID-19 and has since been hospitalized, has also come under fire for not supporting rules set out by health authorities, including social distancing restrictions. A few weeks ago during a press conference, he said he was continuing to shake hands with people.

www.ctvnews.ca

Politicians shouldn't be 'opining' on COVID-19 health recommendations: Trudeau

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said politicians shouldn’t be offering key medical directives, referring specifically to whether Canadians should be wearing face masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
The absolute state of this world that makes this statement notable and newsworthy...

Compass

alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Leadership always changes but I've been very encouraged by how Canada has handled everything. I'm a new dentist in the states, but I feel some dread knowing I need to take board exam again if I want to become a Canadian citizen and practice there :(

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized it isn't wise to take all of my health cues during a pandemic from a fucking idiot, racist business man who sucks at learning and isn't smart.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Trudeau is probably thinking its fucking crazy that he has to reinforce this to begin with, given the crazy shit certain other counterparts have said so loudly and wrongly.
Lol, I can only imagine the questions leaders get asked in a post-Trump world.

I'm trying to think of a ridiculous hypothetical, but reality is too far ahead of me...

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
This was the competition last election (Conservative interim leader Andrew Scheer):

If things were a little different, Canada would be in lockstep with America.

CPC are a bunch of anti-science, anti-intellectual "traditional value" abiding cunts. It is in their blood. Stephen Harper ought to be a good reminder of that.

Edit: Sorry quoted the wrong person earlier.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Justin Trudeau and Doug Ford are on the same page in this regard is craziness. They both stand aside and let an expert do the talking, which I'd never expect from a Ford.

I literally had a double take moment when god damn Ford actually came out and said he would not deviate from the Leadership of Trudeau and Freeland during this crisis, and is strongly on #TeamCanada.

Can you imagine the absolute state of Scheer's trousers when that Heritage Canada moment occurred?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That's a blinding amount of common sense lol.

I literally had a double take moment when god damn Ford actually came out and said he would not deviate from the Leadership of Trudeau and Freeland during this crisis, and is strongly on #TeamCanada.

Can you imagine the absolute state of Scheer's trousers when that Heritage Canada moment occurred?
Haha. Seriously, what is the world coming to when Doug Ford actually looks like a decent and reasonable person?

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

It's been absolutely surprising. I may not vote for him next election (again), but the man has earned some respect from me.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
It's been absolutely surprising. I may not vote for him next election (again), but the man has earned some respect from me.

Yeah, 100% agreed. Not gonna vote for him ever, because he doesn't represent Canadian ideals during normal peacetime at all, but he is at least trying to do some good, in some capacity. Still has a long way to go, but he is not trying to damage the country's unity right now.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Not gonna lie, I am so, so relieved our southern border is closed right now...