• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Following the "10 year challenge" going around on socials, Troy just tweeted this. Hmmm...

EDIT: case in point here is the "...?" part of the tweet

Last edited:

Dr.Ifto

Oct 27, 2017
Would be nice, but it sure did look like 2020 to me, with PS5 possibly coming out that year.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Actors aren't allowed to reveal shit like this on twitter. He's just playing with the meme.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Somehow, i read it like "teasing death stranding 2019 Release on Switch"
and i was like WHAT?

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the classic "let's let our voice actor make the release date announcement for our multi-million dollar game" PR strategy. Works every time.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sad thing is you already have some sites putting up stories thinking that's exactly what he's doing. It can't just be that it's the character he is working on in 2019 can it people. Voice actors aren't really clued in as to when a game is coming out anyway.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the classic "let's let our voice actor make the release date announcement for our multi-million dollar game" PR strategy. Works every time.

Like, you could almost buy it if it was REEDUS doing the teasing, since he's the main character.

But Troy? A random supporting cast member? Why would they have HIM reveal anything?

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a 2019 game. You can quote me on that. Go to Gamestop this Christmas and tell them Hank sent you.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Could the game come in 2019? Sure, it's possible. Is that what Troy is saying here? No, I don't believe that. I think he's making a reference to two characters he voiced in a cheeky way.

Oct 25, 2017
All right I know like reading into every random bit of bullshit is like a thing with Kojima titles but this is obviously just a Twitter meme.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I was going to say "This doesn't really tell us anything" by just looking at the picture, but yeah that "...?" is a little suspect. We'll see.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
If it was just about the character he is working on in 2019,there wouldn't be a questionmark at the end lol. It's obvious about a possible release date