• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Its worse when Troy plays because HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.
Also the argument that "I haven't played this game in 3 years" is really weird as if most people continuously replay single player games and stay good at them.

I still enjoy watching them and think they are fun dudes

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So according to this newest video both Michael Rooker and Judd Nelson were to audition for Bill but hey, W. Earl Brown killed it.

And he really did in the game. Bill is nearly iconic.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I love watching these 2 but I always prefer Nolan playing since he's more clueless about games. Also I really like Troy's commentary in regards to other actors in there or behind the scenes in how they played out.

OP
OP
TheRulingRing

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

God it's still so frustrating watching him play lol, I don't know how they manage to stay immersed in the story.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately as these playthroughs keep going several things have been bothering me and judging from the comments in the videos I'm far from alone.
During Uncharted Troy talks with the guests (who sometimes are random people completely unrelated to the game) non-stop while completely ignoring Nolan who is basically left to struggle alone while his requests for help are ignored. Even cutscenes are glossed over, not giving Nolan a chance to share his memories and backstage stories from when he recorded them, which is the most interesting part of all this. Contrast with TLOU where every time a cutscene starts Troy asks everyone to pay attention and Nolan is very respectful of that and shows genuine interest in following the story.
Then there's the fact that Troy is constantly making fun of how bad Nolan is and lo and behold, Troy is just as bad as him. Not only that, while Troy is CONSTANTLY giving Nolan wrong advice, Nolan is actually very helpful when Troy is playing and actually tends to figure things out faster which is mindblowing considering that he never played the game.
The timing of the guests has also been unfortunate. Emily has been on it twice and on both occasions Elena wasn't in the game at those times. Now they brought in Claudia Black during a segment where Chloe doesn't get a single second of screen time.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
As this progresses, Troy just needs to let Nolan keep playing with the "stick". Nolan is getting so much better at the game than Troy who supposedly has finished the game like 2-3 times. Nolan actually utilizes stealth and shoots things with guns unlike Troy who basically tries to melee everything to death and fails horribly every time he tries to stealth. Yeah the first 2 episodes with Nolan controlling things was painful but he has been improving a ton as things progress despite Troy often giving incorrect advice lol.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
At this point these are more like little podcast, then Let's Play for me, definitely get how Troy and guest just talking, while Nolan is clearly getting frustrated can bother people, but I think more often than not the conversation is usually worth it, just a shame Nolan doesn't really participate in it sometimes. Amy is in the latest Uncharted 2 video and it's just great hearing her perspective and how stuff got done, changed and how rapid ND was growing back then.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Wow this is so interesting to watch, it's really surprising how unfamiliar Nolan North is with gaming, considering that's literally a big part of his career.

If I'm voicing acting for a kid's show I would at least want to know what it's all about, even if I have no interest in kid's show in general.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Having Amy on this is always so awesome.
People always praise UC2 for its pacing but I always felt that the Nepal level is way too long and that was the first thing she said when she came in lol. I always enjoy replaying UC3 more because to me the game never drags its feet like UC2 does in the museum and in Nepal (the former with the forced stealth and the latter with the endless amount of gauntlets it throws at you).

But yeah, Nolan is playing through the games without barely having a chance to share his stories which was going to be the main point of interest in the first place.
I could listen to Amy and Emily all day though.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
i used to look foward to these, now i just check what guest they have and that will decide if i watch or not

OP
OP
TheRulingRing

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

Been waiting for this episode since their playthrough started. From here on is where the game really kicks off its plodding shoes and earns its GOTG status.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately as these playthroughs keep going several things have been bothering me and judging from the comments in the videos I'm far from alone.
During Uncharted Troy talks with the guests (who sometimes are random people completely unrelated to the game) non-stop while completely ignoring Nolan who is basically left to struggle alone while his requests for help are ignored. Even cutscenes are glossed over, not giving Nolan a chance to share his memories and backstage stories from when he recorded them, which is the most interesting part of all this. Contrast with TLOU where every time a cutscene starts Troy asks everyone to pay attention and Nolan is very respectful of that and shows genuine interest in following the story.
Then there's the fact that Troy is constantly making fun of how bad Nolan is and lo and behold, Troy is just as bad as him. Not only that, while Troy is CONSTANTLY giving Nolan wrong advice, Nolan is actually very helpful when Troy is playing and actually tends to figure things out faster which is mindblowing considering that he never played the game.
The timing of the guests has also been unfortunate. Emily has been on it twice and on both occasions Elena wasn't in the game at those times. Now they brought in Claudia Black during a segment where Chloe doesn't get a single second of screen time.

Just gotta say that I agree with everything you said, and it's something I've tried to communicate in the YouTube comments for a while now.
I should be loving these videos much more than I actually do, especially the Uncharted vids but the execution is just.. bad.
But hey, Nolan is legit getting good at games at least.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Watching Troy play TLOU makes me want to bludgeon myself with one of those baseball bats. Legitimately painful. Nolan continues giving surprisingly great advice which Troy ignores lol

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

I didn't watch their Uncharted playthrough, but this is exactly how I felt while watching the first couple of eps of TLOU.
It bothers me, too. It must be difficult to play/help someone play and talk/be entertaining at the same time, and I'm sure there's a lot Troy wants to share with his audience. But the gap in humility really shows between him and Nolan.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
TLOU is the game that got me back into single player games and easily my favourite SP game ever. Been waiting for this playthrough since they announced it.

I believe Nolan North hasn't seen/played any of it before either, so should be great to see his reactions considering his only experience of playing Naughty Dog games so far seems to be light-hearted Uncharted.

unknown.png
me if old.

Crap all three of their reactions to that intro after all these years. I need to replay this game...

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
The new episode has Amy again, can't wait to listen to it, you always learn so much from her.

Anyway, 2 things about the most recent TLOU episode:
That last summer scene always gets me, Nolan was legit shook lol. This game has so many outstanding moments both during gameplay and in cutscenes.
They had the actress for Maria in this episode and at the end when they finally get to a scene that features the character they literally go: hey, that's you! OK bye, it was nice having you here. Instead of letting the cutscene play out and let her shine for a bit they talk all over it and she's gone before the scene is even over. WTF?

Edit: man, fantastic episode, Amy is incredible, such a profound look into the game's development.

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'd fallen off of this, but the episode going up in 90 minutes has Ashley Johnson.

Deffo tuning in for that one.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nolan didn't know about the start of the game? That's pretty surprising to me. Great reactions though.

OP
OP
TheRulingRing

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I can't lie I initially wasn't on board with these types of posts, but with the latest episode Troy kinda is becoming "that guy".

Raging when frustrated by the game and having a go at others for backseat gaming. Chill out, everyone's just tryna have a good time.

Nolan's a cool guy though.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Troy is a little annoying especially when he tells Ashley to stealth when he doesn't do that himself. Their dedication to run and gunning even when they had no ammo was both frustrating and entertaining.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Yeah I kinda stopped watching these because of the points you brought up. It's a shame because this kind of thing should've been really fun especially with who they are playing their own games.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly last week's episode and this week's one so far proved that Nolan is a far better player than Troy, like Troy is just so, so bad at stealth. Love their insight and conversation though, that keeps me coming back every time.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I kinda stopped watching these because of the points you brought up. It's a shame because this kind of thing should've been really fun especially with who they are playing their own games.

It's still worth watching but they could really improve those aspects, can't wait to watch the new episode though, was really looking forward to having Ashley on the show.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Wow this is so interesting to watch, it's really surprising how unfamiliar Nolan North is with gaming, considering that's literally a big part of his career.
What most people don't realize is that a lot of actors just do the acting, and virtually nothing else to do with the game. You can't even ask them about details in the plot because they were concerned with the disjointed pieces of it they were given.

I've just seen a lot of panels where people ask questions assuming the actors are gurus of everything because they were part of the game's production, and more often than not actors aren't concerned with much else than their own job, and aren't gamers by default.

Oct 27, 2017
Good episode today. Had a few new disclosures from Druckmann and crew, with a humility-related lesson some may find interesting. No leaks about TLOUII though.