• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/en/open-letter-to-the-tropico-community/

I want the Xbox One X release date stat

Full letter at the link
Combining my own opinion and the response we had from thousands of dedicated beta players around the world, Kalypso has decided to postpone the release of the game for another couple of months to March 29, 2019.

We know this is short notice and many of you, especially the ones who have pre-ordered, played the beta and gave such comprehensive and valued feedback, might be disappointed – but we think we can make the game better by adding some more icing on the Tropican cake.

Kalypso and Limbic are working hard to add as many of the community requests for enhanced features and gameplay as possible into the release version of the game. But we cannot do this overnight, and want to present the best possible Tropico experience to the fans of the franchise.

Features like pathfinding, a challenging multiplayer and the comprehensive simulation not only of each individual Tropican, but of the whole economy, are already implemented well, but could benefit from more balancing, testing and enhancement to meet our very high quality standards for Tropico 6.

Again, I apologize for the delay, and can only ask all fans for their patience and understanding as we put in even more work, with the hope that the game will meet your expectations on March 29, 2019.

As a loyalty bonus and reward for your patience, all customers who have pre-ordered the game by 7pm (CET) January 10th, 2019 via our own Kalypso Shop, Steam and other digital platforms, will receive the first DLC, planned for Q2 2019, free of charge.

Yours sincerely

Simon Hellwig, Owner and Managing Director of Kalypso Media Group

PS: Of course, you can always return or refund your pre-order if you prefer.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I didn't qualify for the beta because I had less than 100 hours in Tropico 5. Now I have over 100 hours in Tropico 3, 4 & 5.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just pre-ordered it a couple of days ago. Oh well, I'll be plenty occupied with other games around the original release date anyway.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting decision considering Anno supposedly releases in February. Was the beta disappointing?