• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't been paying attention to this and it's the sequel to the apparently "meh" received first Yooka Laylee game.

should I try to go for the plat of the first game? did you guys play both? should I skip the first one?
Everyone else apparently hates the game, but I really enjoyed it. Wasn't too difficult to Platinum, either.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Anyone wanting a quick platinum (10-12 hours the whole thing) should try Untitled Goose Game.

The game is solid and no BS trophies, the platinum is basically doing what the game asks plus time trials on the areas, not difficult at all.

I am going to start a game called subnautica, it has a solid 81 meta and seems to not take forever to platinum. Will report on it after I am done,

Y-L and the impossible lair is not in retail stores anymore here in Germany so I will have to buy it online. and maneater has glichy trophies.

I am eyeing Plague Tale and The Order 1886, will see where I go after the current game.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Platinum #80

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

After platting UCLL I decided to go on a bit of a Uncharted bender and try to get the platinum on all PS4 releases.
First of all: I have to come back on my previous statement that I liked Lost Legacy better than UC4. In fact, UC4 became my favorite in the whole series.
Trophy wise it's a bit of a bitch, with the speed run and all, but it truly is a masterpiece (although it still could do without som unnecessary chapters).
Going back to UC2 and UC3 was a bit rough after playing UC4, but they still hold up pretty well. I did come to the conclusion that I like UC3 better than UC2 (which was always my favorite, now it's #3 in my Uncharted ranking after 4 and 3).
Overall conclusion: what a series. I really hope there's more to come next gen.

Platinum #81

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves remastered

See above

Platinum #82

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception remastered

See above

Platinum #83

Erica

Interesting concept and the first playthrough even was somewhat enjoyable. The subsequent playthroughs towards the platinum not so much....
Played this with the phone controls, which was actually pretty nice for this type of game.

Platinum #84

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 campaign remastered

The first Call of Duty campaign I ever played and I must say, it was pretty darn good. Almost gave up on the platinum because of the shooting range trophy. Glad I stuck with it and squeeze out a time that was just enough.

Platinum #85

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2

While waiting for next gen I've been clearing my trophy backlog. Games where I was well underway towards the platinum, but burned out on at the time. This one still took some grinding, but I was happy to do so. It's just such a fun shooter. Another game I would like to see return next gen.

Platinum #86

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

Same as above, although this one didn't take that long to finish up. Was surprised to still see so many people play this game after all these years.

Platinum #87

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Another one that I've been working on for a long time, but what a ride it was. One of my all time favorite Jrpg's.
If you got 100+ hours to spare, a highly recommended game & platinum! 10/10.

Platinum #88

Final Fantasy VIII

Still the best FF.
3x speed was a godsend for trophy hunting.

Platinum #89

InFamous Second Son

Never been a big fan of the InFamous series, but hey, free game and easy plat right?
There are games where multiple playthroughs are fun and then there is Second Son.
The first, good karma playthrough was already a snooze fest and then I "had" to do it all over again....glad that I got this one out of the way...

Platinum #90

InFamous First Light

Only needed to do the arena challenges and trophies for this one and as opposed to SS, I actually had a lot of fun doing those.
According to PSNprofiles this platinum only took me 5 years and 9 months, so it was long overdue 😅

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Currently working on: MGSV, Until Dawn, Rogue Company and PvZ 3

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Broke out the PS3 for the second half of October.

Platinum #330 - Borderlands
This was a cleanup from years ago; just needed a level 50 trophy and specific character skill trophies. I was going to play through to completion as normal as I'd lost my save files, moving between PS3s - but seeing how badly it ran and controlled back on the PS3, I skipped all of that and used an exploit / grind to get to 50 ASAP.

I might go back and do the DLCs one day (about 1.5 done of 4), but there's no rush. More chance of replaying Borderlands 2 or starting Pre-Sequel instead.

Platinum #331 - Puppeteer
It only took three goes over how many years to get into it - and it's pretty decent! I feel some of the levels drag on for too long, and the platinum hunt is incredibly annoying (need to follow a guide step by step). But it controls well, each level feels unique in some way, and it's got a very lovely charm that games are really missing these days.

I'm sure it's been said elsewhere, but I reckon this game may have found its audience if it was released on the PS4 as well. It came out in September 2013 which was just before the PS4 - not an ideal launch window IMO.

Platinum #332 - Monster Jam Battlegrounds
Scraping the bottom of the PS+ barrel here. Not good. And yet, I had more fun with this than the Monster Energy Motorcross game last year. Avoid unless you want a quick and easy plat.

Platinum #333 - Bound by Flame
But it's nothing compared to this. Awful. Just avoid. There MIGHT be something worth playing here but every component feels astoundingly mediocre. Not worth your time.

I'm very slowly working on XCOM EU for the PS3 - that's a long term project, and that's with virtually all of the miscellaneous trophies done already. Need to play through it five times, including one on the hardest difficulty and one on ironman (doing that now). Not looking forward to how poorly it runs.
Also still need to think about Mirror's Edge, SSX if the servers still work, and maybe another PS+ title or two before I forget about it for another few years.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to go back to trophy hunting after a short break.

Platinum 73: Spyro Year of the Dragon
Platinum 74: Hitman Go.

Currently trying to work through Rocket League on PS4 (I also started Medievil on account of it being Hallowe'en but the lack of checkpoints caught me by surprise). Was going to go for Destiny 2, but it seems a big update is coming which will remove some trophy specific modes? It's my own fault as they announced the update back in July and I was messing around with other games.

I have a good few PS3 games I'm trying to get done too like the HD collections Sony put out.

Edit:
I also was playing Peace Walker again for fun and realised I am close enough to Platinum, missing just S ranks I think. If anyone fancies a grind to get that platinum shoot me a message.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I haven't posted an update in here in a while so I will just some notable highlights instead of everything.

Platinum #137 & 10,000 trophies
The Last of Us Part 2
Loved it. Has some pacing issues for sure but it was a bold choice story wise and I wish more game sequels did this rather then just giving us more of the same. Also notable because the platinum itself was my 10,000 overall trophy. Still need to go back and get the perma death and grounded trophies.

Platinum #144
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Was a great game to revisit. Nice and simple plat. I sucked at this game when I was a kid. But I was coming in first by a mile every race now.

Platinum #146
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Was on a star wars kick so I decided to finish this up. Was enjoyable enough overall but the grind to rank 50 at the end blew. Thank god for the triple xp days. Still prefer DICE's other games though.

Platinum #147
Dragon Age: Origins
10 years in the making! Got the 100% as well. Was rough going back to this because of the frame rate in places. But its still a great RPG.

Platinum #148
Heavy Rain - PS3
Like many others I have been revisiting the PS3 before the PS5 and after Dragon Age I saw that I just needed to go get the remaining endings. Easy enough. Also 10 years from start to finish. I am not even planning to get a PS5 but this revealed how much I missed the PS3 and will be playing more PS3 games soon.

Platinum #150
Danganronpa 2 - Vita
Minor milestone. Story was great. Really fun way to follow up on the first game. The post game grind was brutal though. Island mode sucks.

Platinum #151
Timespinner - Vita
A fun little metroidvania. Had a lot of castlevania inspiration in the art style. Enjoyed it so much I couldn't put it down for 2 days straight.

Platinum #152
Everybody's Golf
Was stuck on the Condor's. I would just log in randomly and hope the daily weather was good to practice it. Turned out it was prefect and got all 3 Condors I needed in one session. I got 2 of them back to back! Was unbelievable. Then just grinding out the rest of the character gallery and that's another ultra rare plat in the bag! Loved this game to death.

Platinum #154
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational / Everybody's Golf 6 - Vita
Getting the PS4 game encouraged me to revisit this. The skills I picked up in the PS4 game helped me to clear all the challenge crowns in this. But good lord it was hard. One of the hardest games I have done for sure. And I remember people saying how grindy the PS4 game is but this one is way way worse in that regard. Still this is one of my most proud platinums and is officially my new rarest platinum.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #278
428 Shibuya Scramble - I don't like VNs but I enjoyed this, cool way of doing it and I liked the story. The platinum was awful though having to see like 100 endings with minimal text skip. took like 45 hours ugh.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Say, do trophies on the ps5 no longer have screenshots? I cannot see them anywhere. Even on ps5 games.

From what I remembered during the UI walkthrough video, there aren't screenshots but either clips or screenshots with a border around it. I'll find out Tuesday.

My big question is if PS5 trophies show up on PS3/PSVita for your profile. I had heard no, but I want to confirm it for myself.

Brando

Oct 25, 2017
From what I remembered during the UI walkthrough video, there aren't screenshots but either clips or screenshots with a border around it. I'll find out Tuesday.

My big question is if PS5 trophies show up on PS3/PSVita for your profile. I had heard no, but I want to confirm it for myself.
I'm going to assume no because they don't show up on ps4.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
So what you're all saying is I'm going to need to replay a ton of stuff on PS5 :|

Platinum #334 - Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion
This has got to hurt for the devs - there are many levels in this game (about 50-odd?). According to official PSN stats:
  • Number of people who got through the first level, which doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes to play = 55.8% unless I'm misinterpreting the mechanic
  • Number of people who got about 1/4 through the game = 6.0%
People downloaded this from PS+ and dropped it immediately. And I can't blame them. It's not a good game. During the levels, it almost feels like its interface would actually be better on a smaller screen where you can see everything that's happening - it's impossible to keep your eyes on about four places at once on the combo counter, the magic bar, the enemy attacks for reactive blocks, and wherever else. And outside of battles, I have no clue what's going on with this "make decisions" stuff. Thank whoever for the trophy guide - I wouldn't attempt it without it.

Platinum #335 - LEGO Ninjago Movie: The Videogame
Definitely one of the jankier Lego games I've played out of the series. Fairly standard. I will admit though, I had a lot of fun in Free Roam afterwards collecting all the collectables and doing the optional stuff for 100%.

Also: KITTY! :D

Platinum #336 - Yakuza 4 Remastered
50th platinum for the year and it's not December yet - pretty happy about that. This was the first Yakuza game I played all those years back when it appeared on PS+ (well after the PS4 launch, mind you) and the earlier version of Resetera said "it's good, try it out". I did. And it was good! Despite knowing nothing about Yakuza, I had a good time with it; I think the addition of new protagonists made it a bit more accessible to people who hadn't followed Kiryu every step of the way.

Having played the rest of the series now ... it's definitely one of the weaker entries, especially in the plot department. On the plus side, combat feels loads better than whatever Yakuza 3 was, the minigames are fun, and the trophy list is basically "try a bit of everything".

5 is next, then I'm done with the series until I get a PS5 for Like A Dragon.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
So my Platinum count finally updated with Astro's Playroom as the 193rd Platinum but obviously doesn't show the trophies on PS4/PS3/Vita.

I really hope Sony patches the trophy system again to make it appear on all the systems. Even if PS5 Platinums have a blank icon, it would be better than nothing.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I am going to start a game called subnautica,

A month playing on and off, I finally platinumed SUBNAUTICA and I want to report on it. First, the most noticeable thing: its the buggiest, glitchiest game of the 50 plus games I played on PS4, 3DS and Switch. The further you go into it, the worse it gets, problems with your save file, problems with you getting stuck in the geometry, game freezing and/or crashing, you name it.

that being said, it's wonderful, a great experience. It's a vibrant, menacing world under the ocean, I recommend playing it on PC where things are better, it's scary in a very peculiar way. it's says kids 6 or older can play this.

No fucking way,

If I were 6 or 7 and played this I get all sorts of nightmares, I feel very uneasy getting into the more darker corners as a 40 plus grown up, there is a lot of nature related horror to be had here (dark caves, horrible creatures, huge dark abysses, you losing orientation in a cave and dying because you ran out of oxygen)

the trophies were also just what the game wants you to do, no stupid trophies, getting the trophies is great in fact.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dev team were kids during the gamecube era, the game is a big, very obvious Metroid Prime/Wind Waker love letter

now on to Yooka Laylee TIL, by suggestion of this thread. I'll come back and report when I am done

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm such a fucking idiot. Want to Platinum "Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One". Tried the trick for getting the online Trophy with one console. Doesn't work. So my standard solution is to download the game on my second PlayStation 3, which takes a long time as it is a 16 GB thing. While it is playing the intro on the second console, I try Find Game. And I find one... So I did so much effort instead of just going online for 5 seconds. In any case, Platinum earned.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm such a fucking idiot. Want to Platinum "Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One". Tried the trick for getting the online Trophy with one console. Doesn't work. So my standard solution is to download the game on my second PlayStation 3, which takes a long time as it is a 16 GB thing. While it is playing the intro on the second console, I try Find Game. And I find one... So I did so much effort instead of just going online for 5 seconds. In any case, Platinum earned.
This has happened to me a few times. Going through tons of effort setting up boosting sessions, then I try the find match option randomly one day and I find a game and get my trophy out of the way. Lifes funny like that sometimes.

First was Borderlands Game of the Year edition for PS4. The Moxxi arenas, there's 3 arenas you have to complete that take like 2 hours each, and you have to do it in 1 sitting. No inbetween saves, nothing. The game suffered from the same issues the ps3 one did where it could freeze on you at any given moment. I'm on the last arena at the last fight and it freezes. I coordinate a boosting session over the course of a week. While I'm waiting for the day to come, I click find match to ask people if they wanted to join my future session.I get put into a persons game who was 5 seconds in the last boss of the last arena I needed and the trophy popped...

Another time was playing this PSN game called Blaze Rush. The online wouldn't work unless you did some work with your router and DMZing your console and all this other jazz or else players wouldnt find anyone. Literally the trophy just needed you to MEET someone online and that was it. A month goes by of slight researching and boosting sessions never getting a single soul. I again one day just sit in the online lobby messing with my router settings, when I see that someone joined my game and immediately left, trophy popped...

Last edited:

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to get the Platinum trophy this evening in Sackboy: A Big Adventure's PS4 version. Platinum #79. I'm glad there wasn't a trophy for getting all Golds in levels or acing all levels, the latter of which was in past LittleBigPlanet games. It's nice to Platinum an LBP game again. Have done 1, 3, and now this game!

Platinum #152
Everybody's Golf
Was stuck on the Condor's. I would just log in randomly and hope the daily weather was good to practice it. Turned out it was prefect and got all 3 Condors I needed in one session. I got 2 of them back to back! Was unbelievable. Then just grinding out the rest of the character gallery and that's another ultra rare plat in the bag! Loved this game to death.

I really loved Everybody's Golf as well, and it took days to get the three Condors. Should have just done it all in one sessions like you, but it was so tedious to miss, have to drive all the way back up to the tee, rinse, repeat. Got extremely lucky with that grind. Awesome job getting 2 Condors in a row! That's really amazing! Congrats on that Platinum, as from experience it was a tough but fun one!

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I really loved Everybody's Golf as well, and it took days to get the three Condors. Should have just done it all in one sessions like you, but it was so tedious to miss, have to drive all the way back up to the tee, rinse, repeat. Got extremely lucky with that grind. Awesome job getting 2 Condors in a row! That's really amazing! Congrats on that Platinum, as from experience it was a tough but fun one!

If you hit replay it resets your characters position to the tee. Then just quit the hole and start it up again. No driving needed.
Figuring that out saved me from going insane.

I really want to play sackboy, kinda annoyed that its two stacks just like LBP3. Just pushing my goal of every LBP trophy further away.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I got the Platinum for Astro's Playroom but the game's being really mean with the Add-On trophy's and I'm stuck trying to shave off time at speed runs to get a total run time of 7 minutes for that trophy.

Oct 26, 2017
I got the platinum for Demon's Souls almost two weeks ago and I'm still playing it everyday lol. I dislike pretty much all the changes they made (from characters to areas to bosses to items to music) outside of the QoL stuff, but it's still a joy to play and to look at.

I really should play Astro now.

Which platinum is harder IYO, Bloodborne or DS remake?

The difficulty in Demon's Souls comes from having to manage World and Character Tendency. Magic really is busted, it's easy to farm souls, most boss fights have a gimmick and those that don't are rather rudimentary when compared to boss fights in other Souls games. Getting through the actual levels is harder than most bosses because in some areas it's pretty hard to run past enemies, there aren't really many checkpoints (there's your starting point and you only get a checkpoint when you beat a boss) and shortcuts are a bit more scarce. Defiled Chalice Dungeon is way harder than anything in Demon's Souls. Still such a great fucking game though. Setting/atmosphere-wise it's definitely my favorite Souls game.

That being said, yes, Tendency can really screw you over so it's better to read up on it cause messing it up can add 1-3 more playthroughs to your platinum.*

*Unless you play online, if you can get someone to help you can very easily manipulate it.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
All the Demon's Souls hype was getting to me at PS5 launch, so I replayed 1-1 last week on the PS3 before going back to XCOM.

I can confirm that the original holds up very well. In related news, sky is blue, water is wet etc

Platinum #337 - Return of the Obra Dinn
I need to replay this - I kind of hate myself for figuring out 75% of the game legitimately, and brute-forcing the remaining 25%. Maybe it should've been a bit harsher on how many deductions you needed to get right before it would lock them in. Very enjoyable though.

Platinum #338 - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Another years-long cleanup exercise. Decent.

I was never a fan of the original game, specifically the amount of effort required to move someone around on the battlescape. Having played through the new one 5 times very quickly to platinum it, I'm a) completely burnt out, and b) now fully appreciative of people's issues with this game. It is vastly over-simplified compared to the original in every way.

I've already done XCOM 2 (none of the DLC though. Maybe on PS5 where it actually runs decently) so I might try going back to the original next. Just hate how it feels to actually play.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Update as I inch towards my 200th Platinum:

186 - Call of Juarez Bound in Blood (PS3) - Did the multiplayer years so I decided to go ahead and get the rest of the game done. Game is rather dry but is actually decent towards the end. I'm not the biggest fan of the characters I'm playing being Confederate soldiers and the ultimate villain in the game is a Confederate general, so it evens out. Still left me feeling that I was playing as a bad person though. D-Day trophy was the biggest pain in the whole game and I really really really hate the quick draw mechanic.

187 - Mad Max (PS4) - The servers for this game shut down at the end of the October and if you started completely from scratch after then, you would be screwed out of the Platinum. Why? Because two of the challenges require an online connection to complete. Once I did the two challenges, you think I would rest easy? WRONG. Because if you get killed doing scavenging locations, those locations would glitch on you (the infamous 190/191 scavenging location glitch). Which means then, YOU HAVE TO START OVER. So if you messed around, time wasn't on your side. I ended up getting the game done, probably the fastest I've ever done an open world game. I actually enjoyed it once the stress of the shutdown and the stress of scavenging locations were done.

188 - Driver San Francisco (PS3) - Also did the online years ago. Did the campaign which was actually fun to do but the dares, challenges, and other stuff needed wasn't as fun. A few took several hours to complete.

189 - Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal (PS3) - Oh boy. I get mad thinking about this game. I had a vendor completely glitch out on me which prevented me from getting the final weapon needed. So I had to roll back to an earlier save after I beat the game and buy the weapons earlier and work through maxing it out. Apparently, this glitch wasn't present on the PS2 version, which means some serious problems occurred with the PS3 version.

190 - Sayonara Wild Hearts (PS4) - Loved the soundtrack to death. Hated a lot of the Zodiac Riddles/trophies though. The one for Parallel Universes gave me a headache. Forest Ghost and Fighting Hearts riddles/trophies are extremely annoying. I have the EU version so I may go for it again but probably after my 200th Platinum.

191 - Pic-a-Pix Pieces (PS4) - European version, after the Platinums above, I wanted to do a nice chill game where I didn't have to think too much.

192 - Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4) - Sooo much easier to Platinum compared to the first Battlefront and actually a lot of fun to do. I did the XP trophies on triple XP Wednesday and double XP weekends and.....just played co op missions over and over. I had a boosting group I met with on the weekends that was actually a lot of fun to hang out with and joke about things while we worked through the main game's multiplayer trophies.

193 - Astro's Playroom (PS5) - My first ever PS5 Platinum! Tremendous amount of fun and I have a desire to go back and play the easter eggs mentioned throughout the game (such as ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid, etc). Hopefully not my last PS5 Platinum -- working through Demon's Souls currently.

194 - Severed (PSVita) - I still own a Vita! Interesting game but....there's a lot with this game that shouldn't have occurred. Such as 100% of the gameplay being the touch screen (I got a friggin' blister on my fingers from playing this). Trophy list isn't bad, but really annoying to do.

195 - Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) - I will say, unequivocally, this is the worst AAA open world game I've ever played. The combat sucks, countering system barely works because the game is finicky on registering the counters, and the trophies with the Nemesis system were annoying. I get to do the Not So GOTY Edition as well. Yay. All because WB are shutting down the servers at the end of December.

196 - The Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4) - Actually a lot of fun to do and really easy to complete. Did the Platinum for this a day or so after Shadow of Mordor.

Not sure what I want for my 200th Platinum, although I'm leaning towards Ghost of Tsushima. Reason being I like the Platinum name (although it's a bit vain) and my first Platinum and my 100th Platinum were games done by Sucker Punch. Although I could do Infamous: Second Son or First Light since I haven't gotten to those yet. I may save Ghost of Tsushima for the next milestone.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Started downloading the ps5 version of rainbow Six Siege, started playing it before the download was finished and all my trophies popped that I earned on the ps4 version.

Thank you easy platinum 😅

Now why can't Dead by daylight do this!

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Well, it's been quite a journey and an impressive milestone for me.

Just got my 200th Platinum.

Here's what lead up to it from #196:

197 - Destiny 2 (PS5) - Already gotten the Platinum on PS4, I figure I go ahead and download the PS5 version and have it autopop. Took less than a minute.
198 - Battlefield Hardline (PS4) - Man oh man, I wish there were a Battlefield Hardline 2 that continues the story from the single player campaign. Probably the second best Battlefield after Bad Company 2 IMO. I had help on the main game multiplayer trophies, but I still have to do the DLC.
199 - The Playroom VR (PS4) - I had one trophy left and on a whim I decided to go for it on The Playroom VR. I was surprised I got it as well.
200 - Demon's Souls (PS5) - Probably one of my favorite games although I find the invasions to be pointless. The only thing is the rings can't be traded anymore and have to be earned. I did the save backup trick to earn Saint's Trophy and the Mephistopheles quest was annoying.

Now onto the next 200! (although a real life friend of mine that I texted after I got the 200th Platinum said, "Now you can retire." Jerk.)

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Trails of Cold Steel IV which makes platinum 286.

Moving onto Yakuza 4 which is way easier trophy wise than 3 thank god though looks like I'll have to play it 3 times but with ng+ the other two runs should be quick just hitting the main story.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Trails of Cold Steel IV which makes platinum 286.

Moving onto Yakuza 4 which is way easier trophy wise than 3 thank god though looks like I'll have to play it 3 times but with ng+ the other two runs should be quick just hitting the main story.
How are the Yakuza games? Always heard great things about them but saw their platinum times are about 100+ hours, which I don't usually mind, but for a series with 7+ games it feels like a lot to jump into.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
How are the Yakuza games? Always heard great things about them but saw their platinum times are about 100+ hours, which I don't usually mind, but for a series with 7+ games it feels like a lot to jump into.
I'd strongly recommend watching this before proceeding if only to show that you can't actually get up to GTA-like shenanigans in these games.

In my opinion, they're 7/10 semi-open world adventure games (except for Yakuza 0, which is significantly higher) where the main appeal is the main character, the random people you'll meet on the street and help with their problems, and the insane amount of goofy and/or random stuff that you can get up to. It requires you to be able to handle an incredibly serious tone in one cutscene, and switch to completely utter batshit crazy in the next. If you can, you'll probably have a good time.

The combat is mostly button mashing and ranges between bad and serviceable, cutscenes are very long and wordy and have a dramatic flavour about them, the in-game text is very long and wordy (like going around in circles to repeat / confirm the same thing, and there is no English dub, you'll be reading subtitles the whole way through. The voice acting and direction seems consistently excellent.

If there is a minigame that you can think of, it's probably been included in the series at some point, and it's probably decently implemented.

Specifically for trophies: the games differ wildly. They're all at least 40 hours at minimum, if not longer. Some are quite easy (Kiwami 2, 6. 4 wasn't too hard). Others (0, 5) are quite the ordeal.

If you're looking for a point to test the waters, I (and I think everyone else) would recommend 0. Kiwami was on PS+ a while back if you have that by any chance; it's inferior compared to the rest of the games but will give you an idea of the game flow, the sub-activities, and so on. Also - if you've played Shenmue, they're like that, but much better.

Platinum #339 - Vampyr
This one's tough, but ultimately, I think it's worth a look. The combat is a jankfest, it's buggy, and the overall story isn't that interesting; but meeting and talking to the individual NPCs is interesting enough to carry it.

The whole thing had a very Witcher 1 feel to it; if you've played that and recall some of the "jumps" in conversation that occured in chapters 2 and 3, a lot of the NPCs behave in a similar way. Acquire random fact, speak to someone, go "wha - how did that happen" and so forth.

It's also clear that the game really wants you to not play entirely pacifist, because you'll need the XP from killing NPCs. And that's a super interesting idea - but that comes at the cost of removing one of the strongest parts of the game (the NPCs).

Also: if you are trying to emulate Souls-like combat, and you're not good at it - don't put a Bloodborne reference into it. Because that'll just make your players think "why aren't I playing Bloodborne right now"

Platinum #340 - Need for Speed Payback
QDc9HzT.png
Oh look, no further text is required

Platinum #341 - Valfaris
Decent, short, very difficult. I may have save scummed a bit to do the 10-deaths and speedrun trophies. Just a bit. Good music, the chunky pixel art style took a long while to get used to, losing my character and the enemies in the background on occasion. Once it clicks though, it's very satisfying to play.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I think Daggoth summed it up well.

Essentially if you're interested start at Yakuza 0. It should be dirt cheap now, is a prequel to them all and is just fantastic.

The main draw for me are the wonderful characters and voice acting. They're emotional one minute and bonkers the next. I think the director described them as "people doing silly things seriously" which is pretty accurate.

For trophies though, they are a long haul of playing many mini games ( I learnt Mahjong from nothing playing these and researching online) Yakuza 0 is 100 hours plus easy.

Oct 27, 2017
JoeyRavn-EU.png

So, here I am: 100 Platinum Trophies. Some of them were easy, some of them were hard. Many of them were a total grind. I'll post some quick thoughts about the Plats I got since I last posted.

Platinum #83: Devious Dungeon 2 (PSV). T2P: 3 weeks, 47 minutes. Didn't like it. It's repetitive, the hitboxes are outright broken, the progression is dull and extremely linear.

Platinum #84: Strider (PS4). T2P: 4 years, 1 week. One of the first games I started! I didn't enjoy much my first playthrough on the hardest difficulty, but the speedrun on very easy was nice.

Platinum #85: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4). T2P: 2 years, 3 weeks. I did the MP Trophies first years ago. I thank myself for that! I had to do three runs through this game: the one on Normal for collectibles, the one on Crushing, the speedrun. Overall, pretty good.

Platinum #86: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4). T2P: 1 week, 3 days. Meh. Pretty boring game, both casually and as a Trophy game. I still can't believe it won so many GOTY awards.

Platinum #87: Super Life of Pixel (PSV). T2P: 1 month, 6 days. This game in one word: oof. I love it in theory. The concept is great: worlds based on retro consoles, with some directly inspired by classic games. But the game can be so punishing sometimes it sucks the fun out of playing it. And it glitched on me once, so I had to restart it from scratch :/

Platinum #88: Dead Rising (PS4). T2P: 3 years, 5 months. I was only missing 7 Day Survivor. Had to restart it once, because I let Frank die even though I was right in front of the monitor... But, overall, amazing game.

Platinum #89: Assassin's Creed II (PS4). T2P: 3 weeks, 3 days. I love this game and I love the Ezio Trilogy!

Platinum #91: Road Bustle (PS4). T2P: 11 minutes, 42 seconds. Don't fucking judge me. Everyone was doing it.

Platinum #92: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS4). T2P: 1 week, 2 days. Loved it.

Platinum #93: Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS4). T2P: 1 week, 3 days. Loved it too!

Platinum #94: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4). T2P: 1 month, 3 days. Ugh. MP Trophies. Ugh. So many collectibles. Ugh. Terrible story. I really dislike this game. Edward is a cool character, though.

Platinum #95: Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered (PS4). T2P: 3 weeks, 15 hours. A better, tighter version of ACIV. That alone makes it better.

Platinum #96: No Man's Sky (PS5). T2P: 1 second. Cross-save with PS4, where I already had the Plat. I was thinking of playing through it again... but as soon as I got control of my character, I remembered how burned out of NMS I ended up after my original playthrough. Thanks, but not thanks.

Platinum #97: Astro's Playroom (PS5). T2P: 1 week, 1 hour. Lovely game that had me grinning from ear to ear all the time!

Platinum #98: LEGO City Undercover (PS4). T2P: 6 months, 3 weeks. In one word: stressful. The game had glitched on me and I was missing one collectible the first time I tried to get the Plat back in May/June. This whole second playthrough was extremely tense. Luckily nothing glitched on me this time!

Platinum #98: Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (PS5). T2P: 2 seconds. Another cross-save Plat. This time I'm aiming for the Trophies from the DLC that I didn't get the first time around, so it doesn't feel like and "empty" Plat at least.

Platinum #99: Destiny 2 (PS5). T2P: 1 week, 6 days. I was only missing the Strike Trophy, which I did just a few minutes ago.

Platinum #100: Destiny 2 (PS4). T2P: 1 year, 6 days. Booted up my character, cross-saved kicked in. I was hoping to make something more personal for me my 100th Plat, but I couldn't think of anything that I really wanted, so whatever. A Plat is a Plat.

I'm currently working on Timespinner (PSV) and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (aka Cyberpunk 2027). To 100 more! :)

Last edited:

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
So, here I am: 100 Platinum Trophies. Some of them were easy, some of them were hard. Many of them were a total grind. I'll post some quick thoughts about the Plats I got since I last posted.

I'm currently working on Timespinner (PSV) and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (aka Cyberpunk 2027). To 100 more! :)

Congrats! 100 is one of the big milestones! I remember being at 30 plats and thinking I would never have 100.

I really enjoyed my time with Timespinner on vita. Wasn't the most inovative metroidvania but it was clearly made with love.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats! 100 is one of the big milestones! I remember being at 30 plats and thinking I would never have 100.

I really enjoyed my time with Timespinner on vita. Wasn't the most inovative metroidvania but it was clearly made with love.
Thirded.

Timespiner is an adorable little game and it has pretty easy trophies. I liked it.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
JoeyRavn-EU.png

Platinum #83: Devious Dungeon 2 (PSV). T2P: 3 weeks, 47 minutes. Didn't like it. It's repetitive, the hitboxes are outright broken, the progression is dull and extremely linear.

Platinum #84: Strider (PS4). T2P: 4 years, 1 week. One of the first games I started! I didn't enjoy much my first playthrough on the hardest difficulty, but the speedrun on very easy was nice.

Platinum #85: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4). T2P: 2 years, 3 weeks. I did the MP Trophies first years ago. I thank myself for that! I had to do three runs through this game: the one on Normal for collectibles, the one on Crushing, the speedrun. Overall, pretty good.

Platinum #86: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4). T2P: 1 week, 3 days. Meh. Pretty boring game, both casually and as a Trophy game. I still can't believe it won so many GOTY awards.

Platinum #87: Super Life of Pixel (PSV). T2P: 1 month, 6 days. This game in one word: oof. I love it in theory. The concept is great: worlds based on retro consoles, with some directly inspired by classic games. But the game can be so punishing sometimes it sucks the fun out of playing it. And it glitched on me once, so I had to restart it from scratch :/

Platinum #88: Dead Rising (PS4). T2P: 3 years, 5 months. I was only missing 7 Day Survivor. Had to restart it once, because I let Frank die even though I was right in front of the monitor... But, overall, amazing game.

Platinum #89: Assassin's Creed II (PS4). T2P: 3 weeks, 3 days. I love this game and I love the Ezio Trilogy!

Platinum #91: Road Bustle (PS4). T2P: 11 minutes, 42 seconds. Don't fucking judge me. Everyone was doing it.

Platinum #92: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS4). T2P: 1 week, 2 days. Loved it.

Platinum #93: Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS4). T2P: 1 week, 3 days. Loved it too!

Platinum #94: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4). T2P: 1 month, 3 days. Ugh. MP Trophies. Ugh. So many collectibles. Ugh. Terrible story. I really dislike this game. Edward is a cool character, though.

Platinum #95: Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered (PS4). T2P: 3 weeks, 15 hours. A better, tighter version of ACIV. That alone makes it better.

Platinum #96: No Man's Sky (PS5). T2P: 1 second. Cross-save with PS4, where I already had the Plat. I was thinking of playing through it again... but as soon as I got control of my character, I remembered how burned out of NMS I ended up after my original playthrough. Thanks, but not thanks.

Platinum #97: Astro's Playroom (PS5). T2P: 1 week, 1 hour. Lovely game that had me grinning from ear to ear all the time!

Platinum #98: LEGO City Undercover (PS4). T2P: 6 months, 3 weeks. In one word: stressful. The game had glitched on me and I was missing one collectible the first time I tried to get the Plat back in May/June. This whole second playthrough was extremely tense. Luckily nothing glitched on me this time!

Platinum #98: Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (PS5). T2P: 2 seconds. Another cross-save Plat. This time I'm aiming for the Trophies from the DLC that I didn't get the first time around, so it doesn't feel like and "empty" Plat at least.

Platinum #99: Destiny 2 (PS5). T2P: 1 week, 6 days. I was only missing the Strike Trophy, which I did just a few minutes ago.

Platinum #100: Destiny 2 (PS4). T2P: 1 year, 6 days. Booted up my character, cross-saved kicked in. I was hoping to make something more personal for me my 100th Plat, but I couldn't think of anything that I really wanted, so whatever. A Plat is a Plat.

Congrats on 100 Platinums! I was surprised you didn't like ACIV (but playing so many ACs back to back may have colored the experience). I'm validated by your experience with Mordor - the game just isn't very well done. I'm working on the Not So GOTY Edition as I call it right now. I'm going to do Timespinner as well (have it after I do Castlevania Requiem and Axiom Verge) and Deus Ex Mankind Divided as well soonish.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to everyone! I have some weird takes about games some times. I didn't like how bloated in a bad way ACIV felt, especially with the naval combat. It was barely an AC game from a story perspective. I guess the newer games are very distanced from the original narrative threads as well, but at least they have stronger self-contained arcs. Edward's story felt... just there. He didn't even get to become a real assassin :/

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to everyone! I have some weird takes about games some times. I didn't like how bloated in a bad way ACIV felt, especially with the naval combat. It was barely an AC game from a story perspective. I guess the newer games are very distanced from the original narrative threads as well, but at least they have stronger self-contained arcs. Edward's story felt... just there. He didn't even get to become a real assassin :/
I didn't like it either, as an Assassin's Creed game. What it made me want was a good pirate game as the shanties and navel combat was awesome..... so Ubisoft's idea was to make a multilayer ship combat game? Ugh...

I'm totally burnt out on the Series at this point. Origins and Odyssey were the final bloated nail in the coffin for me. I just don't care about them anymore and won't buy another XD

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Platinum #91

Until Dawn

Typically I'm not a big fan of horror games, but I liked this one. Not the best in the choices/consequences genre, but a great experience nonetheless.

Platinum #92

Rogue Company

This one took me by surprise. If a f2p game releases I always download it to check it out, which usually results in me deleting it 15 minutes later. Not this one though, it's a really fun game, with excellent gunplay.
Platinum is a bit grindy and for one trophy you have to play 25 hours in a party, something I normally never do. Found a great group of people on PSNProfiles though and enjoyed every second of my playtime. Highly recommended of you're into competitive shooters.

Platinum #93

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince

Lovely puzzle platformer with a beautiful art style. Easy, straightforward platinum.

Platinum #94

Seasons After Fall

After Trine 4 I wanted to play some similar games and found this through PSNow.
At first I had no clue what to do, but when it clicked I had a great time with it.
Like Trine 4 it's a lovely little puzzle game with a great art style and an easy platinum.

Platinum #95

Black Mirror

This was in a list of recommended games on PSNow (because of my sudden urge to play puzzle games on the service), but let's just say I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to play this game. Very easy platinum, but that comes at a price......
Avoid.

Platinum #96

Rage 2

Had a lot of fun with Rage 2, which is best described as a combination of Doom/Borderlands/Mad Max. Typical open world platinum. Grindy, but nothing too difficult.

Platinum #97

Rime

This was in my backlog for quite some time, but I'm glad I eventually came round to it.
Tears were shed at the end. Beautiful game.

Platinum #98

The Surge 2

I was holding out on buying this, because I had a hunch that it would come to one of the PS subscription services like the fist game, so I was very happy it joined the PSNow library this month.
It's an improvement over the first game (which I already enjoyed very much) in every way and I had a blast.
It has that Souls-like gameplay loop that gets it's hooks in me every time and it's the one type of game where I don't mind multiple playthroughs.

Platinum #99

Lords of the Fallen

Of course after playing The Surge 2 I had that sudden urge to play more Souls-likes and I had two options in my backlog.
Lords of the Fallen and another game (coming up in #100).
I started this game multiple times in the past, but never got further than the first two areas, not because of the difficulty, but because of the janky movement and blurry graphics.
This time I decide to power through and force myself to at least finish the game and worry about a potential platinum later.
And....... this time it somehow clicked. It's actually a pretty decent game and it definitely somewhat scratched that Souls itch.

Platinum #100

Dark Souls Remastered

I was originally planning on making RDR2 my milestone 100th plat, but at the rate I'm earning the last trophies I need it's probably going to be my 200th....
So it again was Souls-o-clock, this time the real deal.
To be honest, out of all From games I've played, Dark Souls took the longest to click. I've started it two times before, but both times I fell off it halfway through, partly because both times I missed so much stuff going in blind.
This time I decided to use a guide and funnily enough I enjoyed it so much more because of it.
Fantastic game and a worthy game to be my 100th.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Currently working on: Wreckfest, PvZ 3 and Assassins Creed Valhalla.

Gave up on: MGSV (for the second time, this time permanently I'm afraid...)

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
The mention of Spider-man remastered reminds that I desperately tried to find some sort of clarification, of whether or not having the platinum in the PS4 version would transfer over to the PS5, if I had achieved 100% but no longer have the original save file. So, for example, if I created a new vanilla save (on the same PSN profile), and then use the transfer feature, would it pop the platinum, if it somehow regonises it's the one that achieved it originally?

It would be great if it were possible, as I never played the DLC, and would prefer to give that a whirl with the performance upgrades.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I got my 10th Platinum: Demon's Souls on PS5.

Incredibly enjoyable Platinum. Made me appreciate the game even more. I did an initial playthrough with no regards to trophies and then created a different character and used a guide. You have to be pretty careful about the order in which you do certain things and, unless you save scum, you'll have to do 2 full playthroughs and at least half of NG+2 with the same character. But other than that, I think it's by far the easiest and most enjoyable Platinum out of all the Souls games (with DS3 being the hardest and most tedious).

I also started working on the Platinum for Death Stranding. I really enjoyed the game and I have 75% of the Trophies already, but I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself to get the grindier ones. I really enjoyed the game but I think I'm gonna keep my happy memories of the game and not tarnish them by mindlessly grinding for hours.

I think my next game, after I finish Cyberpunk 2077, will be Final Fantasy VII Remake. How hard is the Platinum trophy for that game?

The mention of Spider-man remastered reminds that I desperately tried to find some sort of clarification, of whether or not having the platinum in the PS4 version would transfer over to the PS5, if I had achieved 100% but no longer have the original save file. So, for example, if I created a new vanilla save (on the same PSN profile), and then use the transfer feature, would it pop the platinum, if it somehow regonises it's the one that achieved it originally?

It would be great if it were possible, as I never played the DLC, and would prefer to give that a whirl with the performance upgrades.

I can't tell for sure, but I don't think it would work if you don't have the save file you got the Platinum with. From what I have seen, the Platinum trophy won't pop up in the remastered version until you import your save, and load it on PS5. And you'll only get the trophies tied to that specific save file.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

I don't think that'd work. You're transferring save files, not user profiles. It's all done through Insomniac's servers, not PS Plus, which is both good and bad, I guess.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that'd work. You're transferring save files, not user profiles. It's all done through Insomniac's servers, not PS Plus, which is both good and bad, I guess.

Yeah, I would assume as much, but it's just a bad situation if you've misplaced your save for whatever reason, which I have.

This is probably the last game that I've held off playing, since losing my original PS4 Pro with all the saves. I just can't bring myself to redo everything, so was clutching at straws. Well I guess there's nothing more I can do about it!

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I think I shouldn't play any of the modern Assassin's Creed games. I'm playing Rogue and I'm thinking this game has too many sidequests.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I would assume as much, but it's just a bad situation if you've misplaced your save for whatever reason, which I have.

This is probably the last game that I've held off playing, since losing my original PS4 Pro with all the saves. I just can't bring myself to redo everything, so was clutching at straws. Well I guess there's nothing more I can do about it!

It goes to show that Sony really needs to restructure their business model with PS Plus and PS Now. Cloud saves should be free, at the very least with some limited space. Then merge PS Plus and PS Now. Offer more space for cloud saves, monthly games and streaming, plus the other misc bonuses that PS Plus usually has, like small DLC or boosters. There's no need to have two services that complemente each other so well they could be one, while paywalling basic functionality like cloud saves.

I think I shouldn't play any of the modern Assassin's Creed games. I'm playing Rogue and I'm thinking this game has too many sidequests.

I haven't tackled any of the "modern" AC games, but from my understanding, they are much more lenient in requiring the side content for the Plat. Rogue and ACIV are a slog to Plat thanks to the collectibles in the former and the MP in the latter. I didn't feel that AC Unity, with its 100% chests requirement, was as bad as those two :/