• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Plat #93 - God of War III Remastered

Holds up pretty well. You can definitely see some traces of old PS2 game design but its masked by big budget spectacle well. Makes 6 plats in the God of War series for me, still need to do GoW2 Vita, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta, and Ascension.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Plat #93 - God of War III Remastered

Holds up pretty well. You can definitely see some traces of old PS2 game design but its masked by big budget spectacle well. Makes 6 plats in the God of War series for me, still need to do GoW2 Vita, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta, and Ascension.
Think I have 7 and I don't even like the series much ha ha.

I actually liked Chains and Ghost more than the main series. The PS3 ports were really good.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Milestone time!
Platinum #250 - Resident Evil 2

Cons: reflections don't look right in the engine, it can sort of look like objects are deforming. It's fine in motion, but standing still and looking at it, it's a bit bleh. The 2nd Scenarios are the biggest wasted opportunity since Chalice Dungeons.

Pros: almost everything else. Holy shit. Pay attention, industry: THIS is how you do a remake.

I'm done with the game for now and don't have any interest in the weekly challenges, but I'll be back for the DLC, and will be trying to lower my times at some point (Standard difficulty: S+ for LeonA and S for ClaireA. Hardcore: B and A for the same.)

edit: why the hell was all that in bold

And since RE2 took a while to come out, here's something I prepared earlier:

Platinum #251 - Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

Nope. This is up there with Chrono Cross as one of the most disappointing sequels of all time. Level5 had one job: fix the combat. They failed at that, and sucked out all the beauty and charm and uniqueness of the first game in the process. Just ... ugh.

Platinum #252 - Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood

I haven't played the old Castlevania games, so Rondo was a bit of a shock. Not a fan at all.

SOTN, while pretty good, doesn't hold up anywhere near as well as Super Metroid. I feel the act of exploring new areas, gaining new traversal abilities, and finding secrets is far far better in Metroid, and it outweighs the RPG-like elements that SOTN goes for.

Last edited:

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have Starblood Arena? I'm needing to boost the trophies for it before it shuts down.

My recent Platinums:

#132 - Singularity - Did the online years ago and finally finished the Platinum. Such an underrated gem. It's pretty much BioShock but with slightly better ending choices.
#133 - Hitman Absolution (PS3) - Finally finished this up. Not really a stealth/assassination game, more of a third person shooter. The disguise system really doesn't work at all. I guess I'll get the Blood Money/Absolution PS4 ports when they go on sale.
#134 - Wolfenstein - Terrible grindy multiplayer and a quasi open world campaign with Uber difficulty being ridiculous at the final boss (basically I had to go back to an earlier save and upgrade more weapons/abilities before that boss).

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have Starblood Arena? I'm needing to boost the trophies for it before it shuts down.

My recent Platinums:

#132 - Singularity - Did the online years ago and finally finished the Platinum. Such an underrated gem. It's pretty much BioShock but with slightly better ending choices.
#133 - Hitman Absolution (PS3) - Finally finished this up. Not really a stealth/assassination game, more of a third person shooter. The disguise system really doesn't work at all. I guess I'll get the Blood Money/Absolution PS4 ports when they go on sale.
#134 - Wolfenstein - Terrible grindy multiplayer and a quasi open world campaign with Uber difficulty being ridiculous at the final boss (basically I had to go back to an earlier save and upgrade more weapons/abilities before that boss).
I was so confused by this, because I thought I platinumed Wolfenstein: The New Order and didn't remember any multiplayer component. I didn't realize there was a Wolfenstein from last gen.

Trophies aside, is it a good game?

Dec 7, 2017

My recent Platinums:

Wolfenstein and Singularity, both very fantastic games by Raven Software <3
Is the Wolf09 port on PS3 any good? I've only ever played it on PC.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I was so confused by this, because I thought I platinumed Wolfenstein: The New Order and didn't remember any multiplayer component. I didn't realize there was a Wolfenstein from last gen.

Trophies aside, is it a good game?

Yeah, it was Wolfenstein from PS3/360 gen or Wolfenstein (2009) as it gets called. It's decent but the gameplay doesn't really feel like a Wolfenstein game. It's more of a BioShock game; the story is not really good and feels half hearted.

Wolfenstein and Singularity, both very fantastic games by Raven Software <3
Is the Wolf09 port on PS3 any good? I've only ever played it on PC.

Yup, I'm planning on Platinum'ing X-Men Origins: Wolverine to complete the trifecta of Raven Software.

The port is decent and it looks really nice on a 4K TV.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Plat #94 - Va-11 Hall-A
I don't play visual novels terribly often so this was a nice change of pace. Characters were mostly interesting and it was just a nice slice of life style story. Will definitely play the sequel when it comes out.

Plat #95 - Steep
I platinumed SSX back in the PS3 era, so I thought I would give this a shot once it hit PS+. This is nothing like SSX it turns out. Physics in this are semi realistic, but often inconsistent which can be a pain on some of the harder challenges. Overall its still very do-able. Its a shame its an always online game, I don't feel it benefits at all, usually just having giant player names and ranks clutter the path in front of me, or have the game lag causing me to miss turns. The playable mountain range is quite impressive, and I could see myself going back to just ski on my own in the future.

100% - Hue
A simple little puzzle platformer in the same vein as Tomas was Alone. You get all but 1 trophy just for beating the game, the last on is a collectibles trophy which I did need some help with as a few are hidden behind nondescript walls.

Dec 7, 2017
Platinum #18 DOOM (2016)
Excited for DOOM Eternal! So I decided to go back and finish the last couple of trophies I needed to get this platinum, online and snapmap was easy, but getting all the runes was annoying because it made me have to collect all of them THREE SEPARATE TIMES. @.@ Third time was the charm though, deleted all my save data, unsintalled it all, and then started from fresh again and thankfully that gave me the trophy and the platinum, aside from that, awesome game. :) Really enjoyed it a bunch, love the fast paced gore of it all.

Platinum #19 God of War(2018)
Pretty straightforward platinum, trophies weren't too tricky, and mah lord is this game gorgeous. Combat took a bit to get used to coming from Doom where it was a lot faster paced aha, but after that it was smooth sailing. Actually got a glitched trophy in this game as well like in Doom, but this time it HELPED me, had to get all 51 ravens, I got 49 and the trophy popped. I ain't complainin aha.

Platinum #20 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
What a bloody fantastic game, Death March is surprisingly easy once you get past the first section of the game, Quen + Axii puppeting and it's pretty much game over for the baddies. Hardest part of the game for me was when I was doing Gwent and they put me in a fist fight with a dude who was SIGNIFICANTLY higher leveled than me and I couldn't use my signs or health potions, that was a great way to perfect my parrying abilities though! Really fantastic game, easily a contender for game of the generation, can't praise it enough.
Currently doing Hearts of Stone right now and then will do Blood and Wine.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #18 DOOM (2016)
Excited for DOOM Eternal! So I decided to go back and finish the last couple of trophies I needed to get this platinum, online and snapmap was easy, but getting all the runes was annoying because it made me have to collect all of them THREE SEPARATE TIMES. @.@ Third time was the charm though, deleted all my save data, unsintalled it all, and then started from fresh again and thankfully that gave me the trophy and the platinum, aside from that, awesome game. :) Really enjoyed it a bunch, love the fast paced gore of it all.

Pretty straightforward platinum, trophies weren't too tricky, and mah lord is this game gorgeous. Combat took a bit to get used to coming from Doom where it was a lot faster paced aha, but after that it was smooth sailing. Actually got a glitched trophy in this game as well like in Doom, but this time it HELPED me, had to get all 51 ravens, I got 49 and the trophy popped. I ain't complainin aha.

What a bloody fantastic game, Death March is surprisingly easy once you get past the first section of the game, Quen + Axii puppeting and it's pretty much game over for the baddies. Hardest part of the game for me was when I was doing Gwent and they put me in a fist fight with a dude who was SIGNIFICANTLY higher leveled than me and I couldn't use my signs or health potions, that was a great way to perfect my parrying abilities though! Really fantastic game, easily a contender for game of the generation, can't praise it enough.
Currently doing Hearts of Stone right now and then will do Blood and Wine.
I platinumed Witcher 3 a few months ago and yes, it lived up to the hype. I say it's one of the greatest of all time.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
#434 Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

A lengthy and rather challenging Plat but man what a game! I haven't enjoyed anything in a similar vein as much since Filthy Lucre.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
#434 Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

A lengthy and rather challenging Plat but man what a game! I haven't enjoyed anything in a similar vein as much since Filthy Lucre.
Well done!

I tried that but got too frustrated at how hard some of the levels and requirements were and couldn't stand to play it anymore.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I got my first Platinum for 2019: Shadow of the Colossus 2018

I never played the original PS2 release, nor did I play the PS3 Remaster. I bought this version during the holiday sale after having it on my wishlist for a while.

What an extraordinary game, in every front. I know that they tweaked the controls a bit for this Remake but overall I can say that the mechanics and general flow of this game have aged extremely well. As soon as I finished it I knew I was going to go for the Platinum.

When I first skimmed the Trophy list I thought that the Speed Demon trophy (finish the game on hard in under 5 hours and 41 minutes) would be the hardest one. After all, it took me about 14 hours to finish the game on my first playthrough on hard. But it ended up being very easy, since once you know the trick to each colossus (I played with the hints off, so some of the colossi took me good while to figure out) killing them is pretty quick. And the Queen's Sword (which you need for another trophy) makes short work of most of the Colossi, specially the ones with only one or two sigils. I ended up beating the game on hard in less than two hours.

The Speed King trophy, which requires you to beat all of the time attack challenges on normal and hard, was my favorite trophy. It really forced you to git gud. Some of the colossi, like 3 and 15, are freaking hard on hard attack mode. But beating them was super rewarding. I love it when trophies push you towards mastering a game.

The trophy that ended up being the most time consuming was Intrepid Mortal, which unlocks when you max out your characters health and stamina. In most games, that comes naturally within a playthrough, but not in this game. It took me 4 and a half playthroughs worth of Colossi kills to get it.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I got my first Platinum for 2019: Shadow of the Colossus 2018

I never played the original PS2 release, nor did I play the PS3 Remaster. I bought this version during the holiday sale after having it on my wishlist for a while.

What an extraordinary game, in every front. I know that they tweaked the controls a bit for this Remake but overall I can say that the mechanics and general flow of this game have aged extremely well. As soon as I finished it I knew I was going to go for the Platinum.

When I first skimmed the Trophy list I thought that the Speed Demon trophy (finish the game on hard in under 5 hours and 41 minutes) would be the hardest one. After all, it took me about 14 hours to finish the game on my first playthrough on hard. But it ended up being very easy, since once you know the trick to each colossus (I played with the hints off, so some of the colossi took me good while to figure out) killing them is pretty quick. And the Queen's Sword (which you need for another trophy) makes short work of most of the Colossi, specially the ones with only one or two sigils. I ended up beating the game on hard in less than two hours.

The Speed King trophy, which requires you to beat all of the time attack challenges on normal and hard, was my favorite trophy. It really forced you to git gud. Some of the colossi, like 3 and 15, are freaking hard on hard attack mode. But beating them was super rewarding. I love it when trophies push you towards mastering a game.

The trophy that ended up being the most time consuming was Intrepid Mortal, which unlocks when you max out your characters health and stamina. In most games, that comes naturally within a playthrough, but not in this game. It took me 4 and a half playthroughs worth of Colossi kills to get it.
I still have that in the old backlog. Bought it at release but it's still sealed on my shelf along with half a dozen other untouched games ^^;

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I still have sealed copy of the PS3 Shadow of the Colossus, doubt I will ever get the platinum in that or the remake.

I actually have way too many games that are still sealed.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #18 DOOM (2016)

Just wanted to say that this is a damn fine collection of video games - all of them were my GOTY runner-ups in their years.

I lost interest in Blood and Wine, just due to burnout, I think. Will go back to it someday with a premade character.

I still have nightmares about the PS3 version of those two colossi ... #3 especially.

Bluepoint increased the time limit on #3 on the PS4 version (from 5:00 to 6:30), so it no longer requires the speedrun strat; #15 was reduced from 11:30 to 10:00, but the less wonky physics on this version made it much easier in general.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
100% - Awesomenauts PS3
Old PS+ game I am happy to be done with. Not my type of game at all, luckily it can all be done solo in private games, was a grind to get to max rank, but I just put on some podcasts and went at it over a few days.

100% - Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut PS3
Another PS+ game. Originally tried to do this a few months ago, but ran into a glitch that prevented me from getting one trophy. Found a work around finally, trick was to disconnect my PS3 from the internet to force it to save my times correctly. Decent game over all but if you have a PC play it there instead, console controls sucked in this.

Plat 96 and 100% - Burnout Paradise Remastered
Still the exact same. Still good. Had to boost the 8 player bike trophy unfortunately, got everything else naturally though like I did on PS3.

Plat 97 - LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Vita
Decent for one play through but my god the grind in Lego games is boring.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
#90: Chaos;Child
1L119106.png

Super-Perfectionist

#91: Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
1Ldaf7e2.png

Vesperia Master
Chaos;Child was quite the amazing experience, my wife kept telling me for the longest time to play it and eventually gifted me the game herself. Took me a good 70h-75h to do everything but the story is quite a ride. Once the craziness begin it doesn't stop and it continues on during the True End path. I don't play a lot of VN but I'd definitely be down for more.

As for Tales of Vesperia...I can't believe I had to wait 10 years to finally play all the extra contents and boy was there a lot of it but I loved it through and through. In general the story wasn't touched too much, beside the extra Patty parts and like 1 or 2 extra dungeons that weren't in the 360 versions. Still, to this day Vesperia is still the most packed Tales game, it already wore that mantle on 360 but the PS3 version strenghten that even further.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I still have nightmares about the PS3 version of those two colossi ... #3 especially.

Bluepoint increased the time limit on #3 on the PS4 version (from 5:00 to 6:30), so it no longer requires the speedrun strat; #15 was reduced from 11:30 to 10:00, but the less wonky physics on this version made it much easier in general.

That means not breaking the wristguard, right? I did it once for the trophy but it took me a good while to do it properly. I can't imagine trying to do that Colossus in 5 minutes. He was by far the hardest.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
That means not breaking the wristguard, right? I did it once for the trophy but it took me a good while to do it properly. I can't imagine trying to do that Colossus in 5 minutes. He was by far the hardest.
Yep - basically: sword hits the ground normally, you jump on it and start running, and when the sword lifts, a well timed and aimed jump *might* let you hit the furry part of the body, completely ignoring the arm. Then you need to hope that he doesn't spend the rest of the time shaking uncontrollably.

It honestly felt like the original devs made a typo. Normal mode was two weak points at 6 minutes; hard mode was three weak points at 5 minutes. It stayed like that on the PS3 remaster, and was switched to 6:30 on the PS4 version.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Plat #233 - Monster Hunter World - Took me over a year but I finally got the last large gold crown I needed (Black Diablos) with friends last night. Awesome game, can't wait for the expansion. Still going to play it for more armour sets and trying other weapons. Currently just built the FF Dragoon armour set with a Lunaestra chargeblade giving me 55% affinity (could be 65 if I augment but I crit with every hit without that).

Wozzer

QA Architect at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Recently getting back into the scene after a lengthy absence of PC gaming. I'm surprised to see so little presence of Xbox achievement hunters, especially coming off the X360 popularity (established gamerscores) and Xbox seemingly having the better ecosystem for them (fast/feature rich OS, in game achievement tracker overlay, monthly leaderboards, additional stats and rarity, etc).

What gives ERA? Is it that there's just a stronger PS4 user base here, the lure of platinums or the lingering damage of the sloppy XOne launch/lack of strong exclusives?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Working on a couple more Sega games this month trophy wise. Basically done with Judge Eyes (Judgment) now. Just need to do the EX Hard run for the last couple of trophies. Loved the 100% completion list in this one, mainly devoid of grinding or repetition though it did have a couple of tough challenges to do (Drone time trials and Puyo Puyo). Can't wait to do it again in the English version this Summer. Also started Shenmue 2 which looks like an easy plat, as long as I'm careful for a few of the missable bits. Will be a treat to replay it, finally knowing Shenmue 3 is actually coming!

Vita wise I've been focusing on Salt and Sanctuary - which despite owning since launch for PS4 I never got into. Not quite sure why, I'm loving the Vita version, managed to beat several bosses and can barely put the game down to play something else. Trophy list seems again fairly straight forward, so I should hopefully get most of them on my first run.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Recently getting back into the scene after a lengthy absence of PC gaming. I'm surprised to see so little presence of Xbox achievement hunters, especially coming off the X360 popularity (established gamerscores) and Xbox seemingly having the better ecosystem for them (fast/feature rich OS, in game achievement tracker overlay, monthly leaderboards, additional stats and rarity, etc).

What gives ERA? Is it that there's just a stronger PS4 user base here, the lure of platinums or the lingering damage of the sloppy XOne launch/lack of strong exclusives?
There are a lot more PlayStation 4 owners.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
1L351129.png

18th Platinum - The Last of Us: Remastered
Would have been a perfect Trophy list without those Factions weeks. I still need to do The Left Behind and Grounded Mode to fully complete the game, but I'll wait the new TV to experience the game in 4K.

On a side note: damn, the Fortune Island achievements in Forza Horizon 4 are faster to unlock than previous DLC. I'm not complaining though.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
My god the RDR2 gold medal aren't fun to get... Especially since, most of the time, you can't restart a checkpoint if you missed something. You have to restart the whole mission... Also, trying to get them after playing the mission for the first time without your level/items is more frustrating than I thought...
I think I'm just going to pass on trying to get this plat. As much as I enjoy the game it doesn't seem worth going trough all the trouble for the trophies.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
100% - Mutant Mudds Deluxe
A terribly average platformer. Nothing remarkable about it at all. Surprised that it got so much praise when it first came out on 3DS.

100% - Licky The Lucky Lizard Lives Again
Its a free game on Vita. Looks like a shitty flash game, but being someones first game it plays surprising well. Mechanics are genuinely fun as a small diversion. Can't say its worth your time, but if you just want something easy and fun to play while on the bus or something, you can do worse.

As for what I am working on, I started Yakuza Kiwami, but that will take me ages. Sometimes Always Monsters has just story related trophies so that should be an easy 100%. Also picked up LBP Vita again and made some steady progress towards that. I only need to collect the 2x prize bubbles on the multiplayer front. Otherwise I mostly just have to Ace all the levels, and finish up a couple of the marvel mini-games. One hundred percenting the LittleBigPlanet series seems more doable every week. If I can finish of LBP Vita I will only have both LBP3 stacks and Sackboys Prehistoric Moves to go.

I am also super close to 100 plats finally, I have a bunch of games I could do easily to get there, but most people do something special for 100, so I was thinking of doing Spiderman as he was a big role model for me as a child.

What gives ERA? Is it that there's just a stronger PS4 user base here, the lure of platinum or the lingering damage of the sloppy XOne launch/lack of strong exclusives?
A lot of people did jump over too PS4 at the start of the generation. And this is just anecodtale but I believe people do just enjoy the platinums as well as the trophy levels that PSN offers. In game tracking is something I hope Sony adds at some point though. Oh and for a short while Sony was offering american players store credit for every platinum they earned.

My personal experience across both communities has been that the PSN trophy hunters have just been more friendly and willing to help so I gave up on Xbox early into owning it.

Working on a couple more Sega games this month trophy wise. Basically done with Judge Eyes (Judgment) now. Just need to do the EX Hard run for the last couple of trophies. Loved the 100% completion list in this one, mainly devoid of grinding or repetition though it did have a couple of tough challenges to do (Drone time trials and Puyo Puyo). Can't wait to do it again in the English version this Summer. Also started Shenmue 2 which looks like an easy plat, as long as I'm careful for a few of the missable bits. Will be a treat to replay it, finally knowing Shenmue 3 is actually coming!

Vita wise I've been focusing on Salt and Sanctuary - which despite owning since launch for PS4 I never got into. Not quite sure why, I'm loving the Vita version, managed to beat several bosses and can barely put the game down to play something else. Trophy list seems again fairly straight forward, so I should hopefully get most of them on my first run.

I picked up the Shenmue collection for 10 bucks a while back. Have you platinumed the first one already? Was it easy?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Trophy wise this weekend I finished Salt and Sanctuary. 84% trophy completion as I missed a few little bits here and there. I've no immediate plans to replay it to get the rest, but I did love my time with the game. If you want a 2D Dark Souls-ish experience (or just a decent 2D action game) definitely give it a try!

I picked up the Shenmue collection for 10 bucks a while back. Have you platinumed the first one already? Was it easy?

Yeah, its super easy. There are a couple of missable ones you gotta watch out for but challenge wise its pretty low, which is kinda surprising as I expected them to totally make you do one optional fight (which is pretty tough) for a trophy but they did not. I'm a few hours in 2 at the moment and likewise the trophy list has a few missables but again doesn't require you to do any of the cool optional stuff that'd have been perfect for trophies, so I should plat that as well with any luck.

Oh - and as for Yakuza Kiwami - there is part of one trophy you should keep a look out for - the completion list 100% trophy has a sub requirement to get 100? different weapons. Keep in mind that the responses in a couple of side stories will result in you getting (or not getting) weapons. I don't think its technically impossible to get to a point where you can't get 100 weapons, but I think its possible to miss a couple and then need to either a) learn Shogi, b) grind the Arena loads or c) clear the Mahjong tournament. Unfortunately I don't have a full side story list as to which gives what, just remember to pick logical responses when prompted in side stories. Its more boring (as there are some hilarious choices) but it usually means you get the weapons.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Plat #435 Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (PS4)

I platted the original on Vita so went with the PS4 version for the sequel. Some elements of this game freaked me out.😳

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, its super easy. There are a couple of missable ones you gotta watch out for but challenge wise its pretty low, which is kinda surprising as I expected them to totally make you do one optional fight (which is pretty tough) for a trophy but they did not. I'm a few hours in 2 at the moment and likewise the trophy list has a few missables but again doesn't require you to do any of the cool optional stuff that'd have been perfect for trophies, so I should plat that as well with any luck.

Oh - and as for Yakuza Kiwami - there is part of one trophy you should keep a look out for - the completion list 100% trophy has a sub requirement to get 100? different weapons. Keep in mind that the responses in a couple of side stories will result in you getting (or not getting) weapons. I don't think its technically impossible to get to a point where you can't get 100 weapons, but I think its possible to miss a couple and then need to either a) learn Shogi, b) grind the Arena loads or c) clear the Mahjong tournament. Unfortunately I don't have a full side story list as to which gives what, just remember to pick logical responses when prompted in side stories. Its more boring (as there are some hilarious choices) but it usually means you get the weapons.

Cheers I will keep this in mind. The bosses are brutal in this game though.

100% - Always Sometimes Monsters
I originally played and enjoyed this on PC, and thought it would be fun to 100% it on PSN. Honestly though I can not recommend it here. It crashes constantly, and has regular hangs making you think the game is frozen. It was just not a good experience on console.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #254 - Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War : Squadron Leader 5: The Unsung War

The hardest part to this one was trying to figure out what the damn game's supposed to be called. Best guess is, ported EU code sold under an American licence?

Platinum was easier than expected, especially when the Falken became available, although having to play each campaign mission on 4 different difficulty settings is never fun.

I played this back in the PS2 days. It's still decent.

Platinum #255 - Darksiders II

Come for a bug ridden mess and janky ass combat, stay for the absolutely superb dungeon / puzzle design. Or not. I hear their parent company has done some naughty things on the internet lately :|

I enjoyed it, but definitely not motivated enough to play the additional DLC content, or Darksiders III.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Another plat - Shenmue 2 this time. Easy play, but a absolutely fantastic game.

Now working on Catherine Full Body and Injustice. Injustice I see me not getting close to the plat as between multiplayer trophies and some of them looking like ultimate grinds or just plain evil, I imagine I'll just do clasic mode/story/star labs with all characters. Regardless, its a really fun game, loving the stage transitions and how Netherealm captured that great OTT nature of comic battles.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
#436 Doom & Destiny

Unless someone hasn't synced their trophies, looks like I'm the first person to get it too.

zOWLIhI.jpg

An enjoyable romp through a light-hearted JRPG.

Walt the Dog

Feb 25, 2019
Not really sure how I'd rank among everyone here, but I'd like to think I'd be pretty far up. :P

I don't really play much hard stuff, though I have made a point to do every Neptunia platinum possible both as a way to set myself apart and because I love the series so much. My last plat was even the latest Neptunia regional release, the Chinese version of 4 Goddesses Online.

Aside from that, I'm mostly working on getting my completion percentage up. I've gotten kinda bored of doing a bunch of super easy stuff lately, especially with the likes of Ratalaika, Sometimes You, and sometimes POWGI pumping out game after game that gives out an easy plat in an hour or less complete with several regional and system stacks, so I'm just going back to do a bunch of stuff that I've left abandoned over the years to make my profile look more clean and rediscover some games that I hardly even gave a chance back in the day. Particularly, I'm trying to do Compile Heart games since I've missed out on a lot of their catalog besides from Neptunia and I'd like to expand my horizons a bit that way. Already, I've discovered Fairy Fencer f that way, which was quite enjoyable to me and at least better than most of the Neptunia games. I might go back to the EZPZ at some point, though if I do, it'll be a hellstorm of it over a month or so to just burn it all out at once and see just how far I can go.

As for what I'm working on right now, I'm pretty much just biding my time until the new DJMax Respect DLC comes out on the 7th, though I'm skipping going through another version of Amnesia: Memories at the moment. Would leave it alone since it's easy and I'm pretty much just text skipping, but I can only access it through a Vita exploit that lets me have play games from an alt account on my main, so I kinda wanna have that done sooner rather than later in the increasingly unlikely event that this gets patched out.

Dec 7, 2017
New platinums for me
#5 Murdered Soul Suspect - Really fun detective game with some cute writing at times, easy platinum, only problem are the technical issues(Cutscenes are 720p 30FPS but gameplay looks 1080p and is 60FPS, jarring definitely)

#6 - Uncharted Drakes Fortune Remastered - Just did the base game, heck those new trophies, and the stealth killing trophy is more of a nuisance this time around since they upped from 20 to 50 and stealth aint that much of the first uncharted game, oh well, still really enjoyed it, need to do the other games in the trilogy soon, I've never even finished UC3, 4 and the lost legacy, despite loving uncharted aha.

#7 Jojo's bizarre adventure all star battle - Pretty eh game overall tbh but I love jojo and the platinum is hella pretty.
1Lf5603c.png

23 Platinums overall, 7 for the year, looks like I'm gonna get my 12 platinum trophies goal for the year sooner than I expected aha, getting more trophies now that I'm in full time work than when I was studying.

Just wanted to say that this is a damn fine collection of video games - all of them were my GOTY runner-ups in their years.

I lost interest in Blood and Wine, just due to burnout, I think. Will go back to it someday with a premade character.
Yeah, it's a big game full of content, I'm taking a break from it at the moment for after finishing just the story for heart of stone myself. Still love it though! :)
Gotta get back to it at some point aha.

#436 Doom & Destiny

Unless someone hasn't synced their trophies, looks like I'm the first person to get it too.
An enjoyable romp through a light-hearted JRPG.
Heck my dude, congrats on being first! :D

Not really sure how I'd rank among everyone here, but I'd like to think I'd be pretty far up. :P

I don't really play much hard stuff, though I have made a point to do every Neptunia platinum possible both as a way to set myself apart and because I love the series so much. My last plat was even the latest Neptunia regional release, the Chinese version of 4 Goddesses Online.

Aside from that, I'm mostly working on getting my completion percentage up. I've gotten kinda bored of doing a bunch of super easy stuff lately, especially with the likes of Ratalaika, Sometimes You, and sometimes POWGI pumping out game after game that gives out an easy plat in an hour or less complete with several regional and system stacks, so I'm just going back to do a bunch of stuff that I've left abandoned over the years to make my profile look more clean and rediscover some games that I hardly even gave a chance back in the day. Particularly, I'm trying to do Compile Heart games since I've missed out on a lot of their catalog besides from Neptunia and I'd like to expand my horizons a bit that way. Already, I've discovered Fairy Fencer f that way, which was quite enjoyable to me and at least better than most of the Neptunia games. I might go back to the EZPZ at some point, though if I do, it'll be a hellstorm of it over a month or so to just burn it all out at once and see just how far I can go.

As for what I'm working on right now, I'm pretty much just biding my time until the new DJMax Respect DLC comes out on the 7th, though I'm skipping going through another version of Amnesia: Memories at the moment. Would leave it alone since it's easy and I'm pretty much just text skipping, but I can only access it through a Vita exploit that lets me have play games from an alt account on my main, so I kinda wanna have that done sooner rather than later in the increasingly unlikely event that this gets patched out.

Gosh dang, that's a lotta trophies my dude, Very nice. :)

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if I've already asked that here but: how do you feel about games that basically give plat for no effort? Like the shitty PSN games between 5 and 10€ that can be plat in an hour or so, and the only reason people are playing it is for the trophies.
It seems like there are a lot of them coming each week nowadays.

I may have some games that I wanted to drop but keep playing for trophies, but I don't remember buying one just to get a free* plat.

I don't want to point fingers at anyone but a PSN profile with a lot of that kind of games looks kinda gross to me. It feels like you can't be really proud of anything. I don't want to appear like a trophy elitist (which I'm really not actually) but yea, I'm a bit curious about the motivation behind it all.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Personally if I don't enjoy the game then I won't go for the plat. The thought of buying any game for just the trophy list is mad to me, that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Psh, only level 99? Come back here when you reach three digits.

Just kidding, that's nuts.

I don't know if I've already asked that here but: how do you feel about games that basically give plat for no effort? Like the shitty PSN games between 5 and 10€ that can be plat in an hour or so, and the only reason people are playing it is for the trophies.

I may have some games that I wanted to drop but keep playing for trophies, but I don't remember buying one just to get a free* plat.

I don't want to point fingers at anyone but a PSN profile with a lot of that kind of games looks kinda gross to me. It feels like you can't be really proud of anything. I don't want to appear like a trophy elitist (which I'm really not actually) but yea, I'm a bit curious about the motivation behind it all.
It's their time and their money. I don't trophy hunt to compete with people, so I don't care.

Walt the Dog

Feb 25, 2019
As someone who's played a fair amount of those games, I don't particularly mind it. Hell, aside from weird edge cases like Little Adventure on the Prairie that literally got made to sell trophies, a fair amount of them are fairly decent games, at least enough so that dropping a fiver on them doesn't really feel like the worst thing in the world despite the short plat time. Of course, quality varies quite a bit, especially since the two biggest participants in this, Ratalaika and Sometimes You, are mostly porting companies rather than devs [SY has made the Energy series (Cycle, Balance, Invasion), though that's a small amount of their library], so they occasionally pick up a turd.

As for the people playing them, I may be a bit biased given that many of the communities I'm active in have plenty of people who do the same thing, but frankly, I don't really care what someone's played. If someone wants to drop money on these games week after week, it's their choice to do so and if nothing else, the money from the purchases is more often than not going to small indie devs who probably appreciate the extra trophy hunter income either way.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Even though a respectable percentage of my Plats are considered rare, rewarding or challenging, when I was into serious trophy hunting I lost count of the amount of crap games with cheap Plats I wasted my money on. I'd even double, triple or quadruple dip from different regions. In hindsight it was absurd, but I was addicted.

I knocked all that on the head a couple of years back and now I only Plat the games I actually enjoy....not only just to eek every little bit out of the available gameplay, but also as I like to challenge myself.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who's played a fair amount of those games, I don't particularly mind it. Hell, aside from weird edge cases like Little Adventure on the Prairie that literally got made to sell trophies, a fair amount of them are fairly decent games, at least enough so that dropping a fiver on them doesn't really feel like the worst thing in the world despite the short plat time. Of course, quality varies quite a bit, especially since the two biggest participants in this, Ratalaika and Sometimes You, are mostly porting companies rather than devs [SY has made the Energy series (Cycle, Balance, Invasion), though that's a small amount of their library], so they occasionally pick up a turd.

As for the people playing them, I may be a bit biased given that many of the communities I'm active in have plenty of people who do the same thing, but frankly, I don't really care what someone's played. If someone wants to drop money on these games week after week, it's their choice to do so and if nothing else, the money from the purchases is more often than not going to small indie devs who probably appreciate the extra trophy hunter income either way.

I see. I shouldn't assume than all the easy plat are shitty games. I used to check out the indies games coming out on PSN, and from what I saw a lot of them didn't seem worth their price. I'm happy to be proved wrong though.
Also, I actually like to pick a random player on PSNPROFILE and scroll through their games and I guess I just don't like to see 3 times the same game :p Actually I was browsing yours, that's why I decided to ask why one would buy/play/plat these kind of games.

Even though a respectable percentage of my Plats are considered rare, rewarding or challenging, when I was into serious trophy hunting I lost count of the amount of crap games with cheap Plats I wasted my money on. I'd even double, triple or quadruple dip from different regions. In hindsight it was absurd, but I was addicted.

I knocked all that on the head a couple of years back and now I only Plat the games I actually enjoy....not only just to eek every little bit out of the available gameplay, but also as I like to challenge myself.

I can definitely understand being addicted to increasing the number of trophies on your profile. I guess I'm still trying to do that but for some reason I don't feel anything when I got a plat with 90% rarity (well unless I really enjoyed the game).
I guess my biggest shame is the Sound shape plat. Just by downloading your save on PS4/PS3/Vita you could get 2 free plat. I'm closing my eyes when I see them in my trophy list now :D

Btw, I'm not judging anyone here. I hope I'm not seen as condescending.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
I guess my biggest shame is the Sound shape plat. Just by downloading your save on PS4/PS3/Vita you could get 2 free plat. I'm closing my eyes when I see them in my trophy list now :D
No way should you be ashamed of your Sound Shapes Plat. Most of us also got the trophies to auto-pop on our other consoles. but it isn't an easy Plat by any stretch so be proud of that Plat!! Death Mode was a bitch lol.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
No way should you be ashamed of your Sound Shapes Plat. Most of us also got the trophies to auto-pop on our other consoles. but it isn't an easy Plat by any stretch so be proud of that Plat!! Death Mode was a bitch lol.

Ha, yes it definitely was harder than I thought. What's bothering me the most when I think about it is the "fastest platinum" milestone on psnprofile. I wish I knew what is my fastest plat beside this haha

Also do you guys try to get some nice trophy for your milestone (like 100th plat and such)?