• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Cold is one thing. Cold is to be expected in some parts of the country on the 31st of October. But the forecast for tomorrow night is an inch of rain, possible snow, and 50MPH wind gusts. Yet the city is carrying on with the standard hours and date, not rescheduling. A bunch of the other local towns are moving it to Sunday, but not us. I'll be shocked if any kids are out.

Oh well, more leftover candy for me!

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Halloween is best during bad weather.

Around here nobody trick or treats in neighborhoods anymore anyway (the exception being rich areas), traditional Halloween feels like it's been dead for years. Most people just go to malls, outlet centers, or trunk or treats (usually at churches).

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
No.

And I say that as someone who will be trudging around in the rain with a five-year-old tomorrow. Work for your candy.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
2 of my bosses took tomorrow off to trick or treat with their kids. Wonder if they'll get ponchos or go to the mall?

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is happening in some towns in my area. Some like it because who wants to go trick or treating in such terrible weather? It could be dangerous. And some don't like the idea so much because the thinking is that people from other towns will also end up going to these places doing it Sunday (or some day other than the 31st), and really make things crowded/annoying.

Last edited:

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Trick or Treat was like, a government thing. I don't remember my city playing an active role in anything.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Trick or Treat on Halloween only. Cause I'm not handing out candy on two fucking nights, I got shit to do.

Bangai O

Oct 28, 2017

Around here nobody trick or treats in neighborhoods anymore anyway (the exception being rich areas), traditional Halloween feels like it's been dead for years. Most people just go to malls, outlet centers, or trunk or treats (usually at churches).
How long has trunk or treat been a thing? Before 2017 I had never heard of it, I don't have kids though.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
if you aren't willing to stand in the rain for a fun sized snickers, then what are you willing to do

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Same, and that bums me out because when I was a kid I would've killed to be able to trick or treat in a neighborhood like the one I live in now

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
How long has trunk or treat been a thing? Before 2017 I had never heard of it, I don't have kids though.

First time I ever heard of it was maybe 2004/2005ish (around the end of my middle school experience), it's been around for awhile. I don't think I've heard it called "trunk or treating" until a couple years ago though.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Different day depending on weather isn't a good idea. Scheduling it for the last Friday or Saturday of October so kids don't have to worry about school the next day is a different story though.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Find a mall nearby and do the trick or treating there, just arrive early because the start handing out candy early. Its indoors, safe and you can have a seat and grab a snack too.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll hold an umbrella and only want 30% of the candy intake for it. I'm a good and benevolent God/Father.
Until three weeks have passed when every candy in that bucket is mine when alone at home.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
It's not ideal, but how do you reschedule it? I suppose they could send a notice home with the kids at school.

I'm going to be out with my kids in the pouring rain tomorrow. The worst thing is it's been beautiful every day this week so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, you just deal with it. I was always pissed as a kid when the weather was bad though. If it was too cold or snowy or rainy and my parents would make me wear a jacket or something over my outfit. I always just wanted to show off my awesome costume- you can't be an awesome Darth Vader or Dracula and swing your cape around if you're stuck wearing a bulky winter jacket!

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Walked through many a downpour when I was a kid. If you weren't out on October 31st, you weren't getting a pillowcase full of candy.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Montreal rescheduled Haloween to the 1st of November this year to day because of th extreme weather, and people ar pissed.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I got 24 full size snickers ready to go. If nobody shows up, they're all mine, and I'm going to see Terminator instead.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
The disappointment of having your Halloween costume ruined by the need to also wear snow boots and a winter coat is something every child should experience.

I grew up in Canada. It was freezing and there was snow on the ground like 50% of Halloweens. You tough it out for that candy. Of course, I also grew up in a tiny town, and it was the '80s. No one was driving their kids around, or to specific places; you just started from home and covered as much area as you wanted on foot.

Last edited:

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Thunderstorms, cold and windy. Not great for trick or treating but perfect weather to get stuck in a haunted house because your car broke down outside.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
It's very hard commincating this sorta stuff to every household so best to continue rain or shine. From an atmospheric perspective the rainy/stormy weather is actually the best time so maybe just set your kids up with some see-through rain coats.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
You realize that people are already trick or treating a week before or the day before or whatever right?

the point of halloween trick or treating is to trick or treat on that day. Fuck anything else

Oct 27, 2017
I got 24 full size snickers ready to go. If nobody shows up, they're all mine, and I'm going to see Terminator instead.
OpulentBigGroundhog-max-1mb.gif

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
LOL! No man! We did it in freezing rain if we had to. Snow makes it more fun for kids.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I went out during the No Name storm (The one that the book/movie The Perfect Storm is based on) and I was seven. It was fun as hell.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Montreal rescheduled Haloween to the 1st of November this year to day because of th extreme weather, and people ar pissed.
Speaking of Montreal, how does the old trick or treat song go there? On the West coast it's "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat, not too big, not too small, just the size of Montreal".

Oct 25, 2017
I live in Toronto Canada.

It's cold and rainy.

Miserable time to walk house to house.

Oct 31 in general is kinda fucked sadly. Nice if you live in California. Halloween is great. But up north?
Roll the dice. Could be decent to dogshit. You never know. This year will be shit.

Too bad halloween isn't in the summer. Much more enjoyable for everyone involved.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
yea its going to be unseasonably cold in Houston tomorrow, high of 51. And the thing about Houston is almost never is it just cold, its cold and like 20mph winds.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Towns by me all pushed it to Friday because it is going to pour tomorrow. I am kind of glad so my kids can go but also kind of wish they kept it so it could be over with. I wouldn't be against going a few blocks with them and umbrellas but we wouldn't make it 2 hours in a down pour.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we're not expecting many kids tomorrow night here in Indy. It was cold two years ago when we lived in St Louis and had like...3 groups of kids? Then last year was nice and we went through three giant bags of candy.

I imagine most parents are figuring out somewhere to take their kids that isn't outside this year. With them calling for temps in the 30s and snow with high speed winds and brutal wind chills, it's probably borderline irresponsible taking your kids out in that.

Eating 24 Snickers bars might be more fun than seeing Terminator if the reviews are to be believed

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we're not expecting many kids tomorrow night here in Indy. It was cold two years ago when we lived in St Louis and had like...3 groups of kids? Then last year was nice and we went through three giant bags of candy.

I imagine most parents are figuring out somewhere to take their kids that isn't outside this year. With them calling for temps in the 30s and snow with high speed winds and brutal wind chills, it's probably borderline irresponsible taking your kids out in that.

Eating 24 Snickers bars might be more fun than seeing Terminator if the reviews are to be

see the terminator and see if you can eat all 24 snickers before the movie ends

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I used to love a windy, slightly rainy Halloween. It was my favorite thing as a kid.

As an adult who helped walk his niece and nephews through the neighborhood - not so much.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Those winds just means the toilet roll travel further over your roof and the eggs hit your windows harder.