• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
they really should look into those stadium finals, maybe provide different difficulty settings, i am up for a challenge but this stuff is too much, the AI drivers make really no mistake, you just have to break once or come into a ramp with too much gas and you lose, this is overtuned and provides no fun at the moment.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fusion got a good amount of post-launch support aside from the DLC so I hope the biggest technical and QOL issues are getting fixed.
Have not even reached the hard & extreme tracks yet and I'm having an absolute blast with the game. Contracts are also getting more interesting, than just simply being "Beat this ghost".

Can't wait to discover all the goofy easter eggs RedLynx put in this time.

MrJohnSherry

Jan 4, 2018
Ok, so I am a relatively new-ish player to Trials (Only really played Fusion) - could never do the later medium tracks or even attempt the hards. So what I have been doing to try and bring up my skill level is gold medalling all the easy tracks as they come. Is this beneficial or should I just be getting medals, moving on and just learning through trial and error in the harder levels? Been doing the University stuff too of course.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I am a relatively new-ish player to Trials (Only really played Fusion) - could never do the later medium tracks or even attempt the hards. So what I have been doing to try and bring up my skill level is gold medalling all the easy tracks as they come. Is this beneficial or should I just be getting medals, moving on and just learning through trial and error in the harder levels? Been doing the University stuff too of course.

Yeah just practice practice and practice, take what you learn from the university and try it on the easy tracks, try to complete them using different techniques for the obstacles, that's what I'm going to do to try and improve my technique.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
All the experience helps really.

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know if the Switch version is worth it? Compared to PC.
Keep in mind this is my first trials, and I only played the timed demo at the weekend on Switch and Xbox, but I'm having a blast on Switch with it.

The graphics look fine, but some things like the textures are quite low Res up close, and some trees look like cardboard cut outs.
There's that one level with fog, but none of the others have looked like or that since which is odd . There's even a level that's quite similar without the fog.

Jul 17, 2018
This game has lootboxes hahaha! Not touching that with a ten foot pole, especially after seeing how badly optimized the PC ports for Fusion and Evolution were.

edit: and after buying season pass for Fusion I still don't have all the DLC lol

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a good approach, I wouldn't get too hung up if there's a gold you really can't get though. Keep practicing on different tracks and it's amazing how once impossible things are suddenly easy.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone played around in the editor yet? Im tempted to get back into track building, built a lot in Evo (got a spanner) but not so much in Fusion.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got 90 something people on psn and none own trials wtf

2313.jpg

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
yeah, so, in the beginning i was okay with the progression system but at level 50 onwards it is a problem...they only unlock 4 new tracks at 50 instead of 6 or 8, the stadium finals give 5000 xp but are infuriating, contracts over and over is not fun and doing a track on gold gives too little ep.

essentially they slow you down for who knows sake ...baffling decision because well, people paid the game so let them play the tracks and don´t hide them behind such an obvious grind which is like from a mobile game, only thing missing is paying for levels/more xp.

they really shat the bed with those decisions, make the stadium finals more manageable, give more ep for contracts/gold and let people play the fucking game instead of let them grind their ass off. at this rate only top players experience the content at a reasonable time which is a no go. they really are ruining an otherwise stellar game with this bullshit.

level 55 they unlock a new sponsor which wants you to push the gas continuously, what a stupid shit in such a game...

and i could swear the DLC tracks that will be released will give you enough ep to come over those obvious lvl gaps at 50 onwards...

/rant over

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
The levelling system is so dumb. In the best case scenario (a completionist) it has no effect whatsoever, and for everyone else it completely fucks up progression for no discernible reason.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Like the game so far but this must be the worst implementation of loot boxes I've ever seen lol.

It's the perfect combo of me not caring at all about their contents + me getting annoyed that the game is asking me to open them so frequently. They really feel like a chore. The opening animation has no impact at all too.

They feel suuuuuper tacked on.

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately not - that's just for gear. Just 'Select' which does nothing as it's already selected.
I ran into that same issue. I equipped the butt victory animation and I detest it. I went in to select what I used to have without realizing I didnt have one and I'm stuck with this.

they really should look into those stadium finals, maybe provide different difficulty settings, i am up for a challenge but this stuff is too much, the AI drivers make really no mistake, you just have to break once or come into a ramp with too much gas and you lose, this is overtuned and provides no fun at the moment.
On the Redlynx stream they claimed the difficulty in the beta was bugged. Apparently they were full of shit, because the same problem exists in the full game. It's how they choose riders to race against that's the issue, because if you go offline you get the intended difficulty.

Randroid

Oct 28, 2017
level 55 they unlock a new sponsor which wants you to push the gas continuously, what a stupid shit in such a game...

These aren't TOO bad, I quite like them, but just wait until she tells you to never lean. That is some proper luck of the draw bullshit. Beating three stadium challenges in a row is also too harsh, I feel.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
These aren't TOO bad, I quite like them, but just wait until she tells you to never lean. That is some proper luck of the draw bullshit. Beating three stadium challenges in a row is also too harsh, I feel.
I like 'don't lean' challenges. Always did them in previous games although they were limited to one track. I haven't encountered one in Rising yet, are they Red Bull?

Oct 27, 2017
Like the game so far but this must be the worst implementation of loot boxes I've ever seen lol.

It's the perfect combo of me not caring at all about their contents + me getting annoyed that the game is asking me to open them so frequently. They really feel like a chore. The opening animation has no impact at all too.

They feel suuuuuper tacked on.
I'd say loot boxes that include items that affect gameplay are worse. These are full of unimportant cosmetic items that ultimately have zero impact on gameplay.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't add much but they really don't detract much from the game at all for me so I simply don't care at all about the loot boxes. They are a non issue.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
The trick with no lean is mashing break while holding gas will rotate you forwards in the air.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This game has lootboxes hahaha! Not touching that with a ten foot pole, especially after seeing how badly optimized the PC ports for Fusion and Evolution were.

edit: and after buying season pass for Fusion I still don't have all the DLC lol
I've piled up a couple dozen lootboxes after 2 hours play. Haven't even bothered to open them. It's just stickers and a few outfits. You're making an issue out of nothing.

Fusion had a season pass which was stated to include 6 expansions. Those were delivered, and were great value. Later, they added another dlc. Do you expect it for free?

Jul 17, 2018
User Warned: Antagonizing other member.
I've piled up a couple dozen lootboxes after 2 hours play. Haven't even bothered to open them. It's just stickers and a few outfits. You're making an issue out of nothing.

Fusion had a season pass which was stated to include 6 expansions. Those were delivered, and were great value. Later, they added another dlc. Do you expect it for free?

Redlynx or Ubisoft should hire you, you're really good at this.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming the answer to this is no, but can you earn XP from playing created tracks / skill games that you've downloaded? That could be a way to ease the grind a bit by adding some variety.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Redlynx or Ubisoft should hire you, you're really good at this.
That's weak. You didn't answer the question. They said the Fusion season pass had 6 expansions, which they delivered. Should they:

a) Never make any more content.
b) Make it, and you should get it for free.

We already know your feelings about being expected to pay for it, so which is it?