• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm someone might want to do something about the matchmaking because well I wanted to get a gold medal in all the tracks and in the European league, I had only got Silver in the first track of the stadium challenges, so I was like okay I'll just go redo it. So it's me, two CPUs and then five other Trials users which they spliced into this challenge.

These players are so far ahead of me during the race, I look at the leaderboards and I'm facing the upper tier of players in this track. One guys is currently ranked 2nd. I can't beat them, so I can't get my Gold to register because I need to finish 4th and I only finish 5th or worse because these players are so far ahead of me.

Just a nitpick by me, still enjoying the game but yeah, idk how I'm getting that gold if that's my competition and they're always ahead of me and I cannot catch up to them.
Take the game offline and do that challenge against CPU players.

Did people find shit about hidden ARGs yet? I always loved to follow these things on previous Trials games :D

I got hit by a car being driven by a squirrel and it gave me a trophy (on PS4) for discovering all the squirrels in a level.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, the Sponsor race in the Siberian stadium is ridiculous, you just have to make one mistake and you are fucked, back to the beginning of the three races...shit is infuriating

Oh shoot they kept that from the beta? Is that a regular thing? Hate that and doesn't gel with the whole Trials 'quick retry levels to improve results' thing

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh God I finally beat the El Tomate challenge with the backflips and frontflips with zero faults.

THAT TOOK AWHILE.

Haha, yes i still haven't done it yet, I use the first area with the rooftop and the ramp underneath it to grind out the backflips, do one and drop back down, rinse repeat, but then I can't do the front flips

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Holyshit this game has me addicted hard. Lvl 48. Spent some time customizing my dude/bike. Game is so much fun. The tracks in this thing are fucking insane. I think this is a big time improvement over the last game, though I miss the title music of the last game so much. Might just have to whip up a Spotify playlist and get Welcome To The Future on there.

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Finished up my session for the night. Hit level 72, and I've gotta say, they nailed it with the hard difficulty tracks. The obstacles are fun, and the optimal drive lines are absolutely immaculate. I was getting a bit worried because I felt the Beginner through Medium tracks are pretty tedious, with no real curve in difficulty at all imo, but RL is really at the top of their game. I'll probably end up playing the hard tracks more than the extremes for the first time in the series. Ski or Don't is my personal favorite atm.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
University sounds good. Maybe I'll be able to do better than just hard tracks this time. Especially things like jumping onto steep inclines, or having multiple long hops up obstacles. I'm able to do those by seemingly randomly waggling my left stick but I can't nail down the specifics. Makes for amusing entertainment for onlookers as I faceplant repeatedly though :)

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
University sounds good. Maybe I'll be able to do better than just hard tracks this time. Especially things like jumping onto steep inclines, or having multiple long hops up obstacles. I'm able to do those by seemingly randomly waggling my left stick but I can't nail down the specifics. Makes for amusing entertainment for onlookers as I faceplant repeatedly though :)

yeah the University helps to clear up some things, nonetheless i still can´t consistently pull off those Bunny Hops, grade B is the barrier for me at the moment, i think i am doing the motion too fast or something,

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, yes i still haven't done it yet, I use the first area with the rooftop and the ramp underneath it to grind out the backflips, do one and drop back down, rinse repeat, but then I can't do the front flips

You can use the second catapult launcher if you're grinding. Put your front tire on, flip up, and repeat.

For front flips you can get 2 off the first drop and 2 off the next ramp. Just knock those out first.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
helped me a lot! It brought back the default chumps and I got the gold trophy. I don't like it when I have to beat other players to progress, I'd rather just beat the goals set by the devs and compete against my friends' time.
Yeah, same. They've done plenty of good things with this sequel (the university, improved track creator, getting rid of FMX tricks), but it's held back slightly by silly decisions like this. By all means have player ghosts in the game, but make them optional. In the beta I just found them distracting, I just wanted to play the track with my own bike and see what the best time I could get was. I don't care about how other players are riding on the track unless I'm specifically trying to beat one of their times. The ghosts just got in the way.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
the lootboxes in this game are ridiculous, duplicate over duplicate, why don´t they shower the player in cool outfits and customization stuff?
that is really a good example of "how not to do lootboxes"

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
The technical side of this game is somewhat disappointing - there is constant texture pop-in, the game hitches from time to time for a small moment (unacceptable for a game asking for total precision at parts) and the loading times are surprisingly long.

It's a shame, since the gameplay is really good.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Still only on the medium tracks (~3 hours, maybe level 52?) but it's starting to ramp up. The level design is really good so far.

Haven't opened any of my gear crates or whatever... maybe I'll do that later on (the free ones or w/e).

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
I am assuming Nintendo Online is needed for the Switch version for almost everything, or can it be played "offline?"
I want to double dip and get the retail version from Amazon for the Switch, but I do not have Nintendo Online. It will basically become a $60 game for me if I need NO.
Currently Level 20 something on the X version and feel like I need to have this on my Switch in handheld mode even with some concessions.
Not sure, in the 360 ones the online sub was only used for online multiplayer. I suspect it's like that but that's just a guess.

Been playing the Switch one for I dunno how many hours, the player profile screen says...15, but that has to be counting beta time. I just played the regular tracks and university to get golds (or A+ in university), individual moto races (not the 3 series), and the skill games so far. I didn't hit a gate until 46 or so I think, in terms of just playing how I normally would. I think I got the Mantis/level 42 around mid way through the first round of medium courses. Now I'm stuck needing to unlock the moto courses for the second round of mediums, guess I have to actually do contracts and stuff now.

...and I guess I have a shitload of loot boxes to unlock since I skipped them all. Going through the animations for that will add a few hours to my game clock.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
the lootboxes in this game are ridiculous, duplicate over duplicate, why don´t they shower the player in cool outfits and customization stuff?
that is really a good example of "how not to do lootboxes"
Oh by the way if you check out the store they show what's available in the lootbox at the moment, it's only a limited pool of items and it's possible to buy other things with the regular coins. I think they're going to end up rotating what's in the boxes.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm opening loot boxes just to find a different win animation. I equipped the ass slapping kazoo sound abomination and since it's the only one I have I can't unequip it!

membran

Oct 27, 2017
There were only 50.000 entries on the leaderboard of the first beginner track yesterday, ~28 hours after release. This seems quite low even before you consider that this leaderboard is a multiplatform one.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Got a couple of hours playing last night. I like the tracks so far....

All the other stuff....meh. Not played a loot box game before, is this really what people like?

Also is there anyway to turn off the having to race against other ghosts? Ive disabled the visible slider to get rid of them but there is still the UI graphic on screen. I dont care for racing against other people, thats not really what Trials is for me.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Haha first time through this track and I ended up .005 away from the plat. Couldn't get any closer without getting it if I tried.

D0aCrV6WsAAvtaJ.jpg:large

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Another question - are all the other riders actual people? or are some AI? Some have a little Ubisoft icon next to their name, are they employees or testers or something like that?

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
The technical side of this game is somewhat disappointing - there is constant texture pop-in, the game hitches from time to time for a small moment (unacceptable for a game asking for total precision at parts) and the loading times are surprisingly long.

It's a shame, since the gameplay is really good.
what platform are you on? i was worried but after a few hours yesterday playing on xbone i didnt encounter any real performance issues that bothered me and didnt have any hitches during runs.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
There were only 50.000 entries on the leaderboard of the first beginner track yesterday, ~28 hours after release. This seems quite low even before you consider that this leaderboard is a multiplatform one.

people don´t play arcade style games anymore, as i said, we can be grateful that their is a new Trials game at all

i´ve hit a level roadblock, i am 54 now and have to grind for 58...

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Another question - are all the other riders actual people? or are some AI? Some have a little Ubisoft icon next to their name, are they employees or testers or something like that?
Some are AI. I think the Ubisoft icon indicates they play on a different service, so you're seeing their Uplay account name.

How do you unlock the platinum stuff?
Once you're fast enough to unlock a platinum medal you can see them for all tracks.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
I've just unlocked the Mantis. I've been making sure I get gold on each track as I play, and A+ on the university courses. Nothing feels grindy so far. One thing is really bugging me though – on the first track of the first easy stadium I only got a silver, but I was in the top 4. Now when I replay the track I have to race 7 insanely hard ghosts instead of the chumps I faced the first time. I can't place better than 6th, and despite blitzing the gold time I don't get gold because I'm not in the top 4. I don't know how these ghosts are chosen but I get the same ones every time. I thought once I unlocked the Mantis I'd be able to come back and win, but I still can't beat 6th.

Came to discuss this as the same thing happened to me. Can get well below Gold time but never above 6th so it doesn't count. Good to hear going offline brings back the chumps :D

Also want to re-iterate the general point that the quality of the core gameplay and track design far outweighs a lot of the other stuff I don't like so much. The world map to select tracks is annoying - though using Stadium shortcuts possibly helps - and the near constant "Well done you got gold with no faults! Congrats on your 2nd place!" is just bad feedback design. Picking a track and a friends close time ghost to race against is really addictive :).

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the world map for the track locations, the core gameplay loop in this game is very good though, feels very much like the old trials games as opposed to the rather disjointed feeling Fusion.