• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
They added a new chapter post game with new classes and new game plus (for said replaying of other characters)

The general value of the game comes from high replay value though as far as the original went
Just saw the IGN review and they mentioned the post game to be quite substantial (both in amount of content and relevance to the story)... I'm liking what I'm hearing about it.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a much better effort than the Secret of Mana remake. I really enjoyed the demo, and I love the original. Already have it pre-ordered on PC, just waiting for it to be ready to download.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the demo. it's one of those 7/10 games that more companies need to fill their lineup

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
:( God yes.

And man my hype for Trials is nearly gone since they took out co-op.
I can totally understand that, it's a bummer for sure :/ Was hoping my Gf and I could play it but now that's not looking like a possibility.

Luckily it's 40 instead of 60 where I'm buying it from for the most part.

Legend of Mana is still my favorite Mana game and Yoko Shimmomura's best music for me personally, and having the graphical update that Trials has + maybe some more sketchy/storybook backgrounds would be so amazing.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
Oh boy I loved this game on the SNES, and so far the reviews have been positive. How does it run on Switch? I recall reading some issues about the performance when the Demo came out, but maybe that's solved in the full release?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Oh boy I loved this game on the SNES, and so far the reviews have been positive. How does it run on Switch? I recall reading some issues about the performance when the Demo came out, but maybe that's solved in the full release?
The Switch version is 30FPS, compared to 60FPS on PS4 if you care. Not sure if the Switch version dips below 30 in the full release or not.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Score is landing right where I expected it too (high 70's). Still, excited to play it on Friday; digital version is already purchased. This is a Square Enix month for me hah.

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Got the Switch version on its way. Got it for £31 using a discount on the preorder a couple of not ago. My OCD won't be happy that it's not next to my Collection of Mana on my game shelf because they're all alphabetised.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Between this, FF7R, Persona 5 Royal and Xenoblade Definitive edition, it's a great to a jrpg fan.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the IGN review and they mentioned the post game to be quite substantial (both in amount of content and relevance to the story)... I'm liking what I'm hearing about it.
Story yes, content no.

Unlocking Class 4 takes about an hour tops for all three characters then you have a pretty meaty postgame dungeon. It's about six hours or so of additional content all together.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Story yes, content no.

Unlocking Class 4 takes about an hour tops for all three characters then you have a pretty meaty postgame dungeon. It's about six hours or so of additional content all together.
Do we know how the 4th classes work? There's only 2 per character, so does it invalidate your second class choice by re-merging the classes? Or is it something on top of your second class choice?

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how the 4th classes work? There's only 2 per character, so does it invalidate your second class choice by re-merging the classes? Or is it something on top of your second class choice?

It merges the 3rd tier together, so Charlotte's 3rd tier after selecting Dark for her 2nd tier (Necromancer/Warlock) get merged together to become Chaosbringer.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Looks lovely.

Hopefully someday I'll get to play it.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
It merges the 3rd tier together, so Charlotte's 3rd tier after selecting Dark for her 2nd tier (Necromancer/Warlock) get merged together to become Chaosbringer.
Eh, not great, not terrible. Sounds good for some post-game fun. Thanks

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest problem was the cakewalk difficulty from the demo, does review talk more about that ?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand what you're trying to qualify in terms of Trials of Mana, though. Do some of the reviews not match your own personal opinion based on you having played the demo, so therefore those reviews are bad reviews?

Based on the demo I think the reviews are incorrect. Not all opinions are equally qualified nor founded. There are bad opinions.

But I haven't played the full game and the reviewers have, so we'll see.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the demo I think the reviews are incorrect. Not all opinions are equally qualified nor founded. There are bad opinions.

So you think the game is going to be bad? Most of the reviews are positive

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
the demo was janky as fuck despite the combat being quite fun, this is pretty much on par with what I expected so far if not higher, actually. was a huge fan of the original.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

And I played the demo and thought that it was okay to mediocre, a 7/10 at best. IMO it felt budget all around. Story seemed meh, voice acting was very bad, combat was okay but the content that was there was very easy. Some seemingly obtuse systems but maybe there were tutorials missing.

this is all subjective obviously.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Based on the demo these reviews just make me trust reviews less than ever...
At least read them before looking at the number and thinking that's all that was done. All the reviews I read/watched were well done and conclusions made after several dozen hours of experience, not just a demo. You don't have to look far to see this is scoring almost exactly in the range most people expected.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
At least read them before looking at the number and thinking that's all that was done. All the reviews I read/watched were well done and conclusions made after several dozen hours of experience, not just a demo. You don't have to look far to see this is scoring almost exactly in the range most people expected.

Do a full translation of the French, German, and Italian ones for me please.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
If you're a reviewer you have to put more than "its mediocre". That's literally the job. Saying it's subjective doesn't excuse your criticism from criticism itself.
The reviews are all fine though! They explain what they like and didn't like, I don't see anything to complain about.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are the last classes still gated behind bullshit RNG that will take forever to farm?

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Are the last classes still gated behind bullshit RNG that will take forever to farm?
I want to say no. I can't think of how they did it specifically, but I do remember them talking about removing randomness from some element of it. I think maybe the class change items aren't bullshit RNG anymore, but getting the 'ultimate' gear is still farming-oriented? It's something like that.