• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This looks amazing, I hope FFVIIR doesn't butcher its sales on ps4.

ExaltedDiligentEgg-size_restricted.gif

Kikuta's wonderful. He guest composed a track for Tangledeep, which was my indie GOTY last year.

Will give a listen ! Hadn't heard of it !

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
Songs remixes are amazing! I think it will be the opposite from Final Fantasy VII Remake. Some people did not like the orchestra-type in that game, but some people will not like the more MIDI-ish aspect of the songs for Trials Remake (excluding ''Where Angels Fear to Tread'' and ''Meridian Child'', that are totally orchestrated). Hiroki Kikuta did it! I remember reading that he has only supervised the OST, so I hope to see who is remixing the OST together with him.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Songs remixes are amazing! I think it will be the opposite from Final Fantasy VII Remake. Some people did not like the orchestra-type in that game, but some people will not like the more MIDI-ish aspect of the songs for Trials Remake (excluding ''Where Angels Fear to Tread'' and ''Meridian Child'', that are totally orchestrated). Hiroki Kikuta did it! I remember reading that he has only supervised the OST, so I hope to see who is remixing the OST together with him.

On the official website you can see who rearranged each track.

Kikuta is working on the full orchestration of the OST for the concert though.

Last edited:

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kikuta must be either a really shy person or the worst at selling himself or something, because I'm really puzzled at why he didn't have a massive career like Uematsu, Mitsuda, etc.

His style is so unique yet for years he got stuck making music for hentai games

May 13, 2019
I think Kikuta must be either a really shy person or the worst at selling himself or something, because I'm really puzzled at why he didn't have a massive career like Uematsu, Mitsuda, etc.

Guy tried making games. That didn't exactly pan out. I assumed he decided to keep a low profile after that.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
041a41d7c3244b82af4d6d969e3aa6df.jpg

Illustration for the 25th anniversary concert.

Pretty damn cute.

And the lottery pins

Trials-of-Mana-souvenir-pins-Siliconera.jpg

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh

As someone who has worked with Kikuta several times and have remained friends for over a decade now, Kikuta just doesn't care about fame or success as such. He sees himself as an artist, not just in music but illustration, design, clothes, you name it. He feels more at home in the independent comic market scene than mainstream gaming.

That being said, he's a fantastic composer, and not at all shy. He just walks to the beat of his own drum and literally does what comes to mind without much of a thought if it will be successful or not. In the last few years he's come to realize how much his music has meant to overseas fans though so he's been more accepting and focused on that.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Damn the JP collector edition for ps4 is sold out.

img_set.png

9e2a794e0b3065cb4c31c81420f4bbfd.png

982b9f9a10e62eae012983aff287959a.png

b47a793f9b17d6c433cc248d099dc976.png

As someone who has worked with Kikuta several times and have remained friends for over a decade now, Kikuta just doesn't care about fame or success as such. He sees himself as an artist, not just in music but illustration, design, clothes, you name it. He feels more at home in the independent comic market scene than mainstream gaming.

That being said, he's a fantastic composer, and not at all shy. He just walks to the beat of his own drum and literally does what comes to mind without much of a thought if it will be successful or not. In the last few years he's come to realize how much his music has meant to overseas fans though so he's been more accepting and focused on that.

Thanks for the anecdote !
That's super interesting.

I did see him being pretty interested in checking out fan covers etc...
Such a cool guy.

He will be there for the 25th anniversary concert.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada

Much respect to him

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
I caved in and pre-ordeed. Not counting crowd funding, I haven't pre-ordered in years.

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
So, can we presume that the game will sell enough, at least in Japan? More on PS4 or Switch? Seeing what happened to Persona spin-off on PS4 and Switch (but we have to remember that Persona is more oriented to PS audience).

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So, can we presume that the game will sell enough, at least in Japan? More on PS4 or Switch? Seeing what happened to Persona spin-off on PS4 and Switch (but we have to remember that Persona is more oriented to PS audience).

The collector has a lot of stuff in it so it probably just had limited supplies.

And JP fans probably see the ps4 version as the base version and Switch as the port. So if you're going to get one for collection sake you might as well get that.

FF7 is going to get a lot of people to buy ps4s in japan too, so I guess it may be different this time for Switch to get more attention. It helps that the Switch version looks very good.

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
The collector has a lot of stuff in it so it probably just had limited supplies.

And JP fans probably see the ps4 version as the base version and Switch as the port. So if you're going to get one for collection sake you might as well get that.

FF7 is going to get a lot of people to buy ps4s in japan too, so I guess it may be different this time for Switch to get more attention. It helps that the Switch version looks very good.

I imagined that because of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4, the attention to Trials of Mana Remake would be redirected to the Switch version. Do not know if that will happen at all.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I caved in and pre-ordeed. Not counting crowd funding, I haven't pre-ordered in years.

I'm getting this day 1 just not sure PC or ps4 yet.

After the devs said they put all their hearts and efforts into this to convince Square to let them an original Mana game next time, I wanted to support them.

But then what they showed looked really good.

Even if the game is doesn't offer anything else (and that's being overly pessimistic), at the very least I'm getting a sick remastered OST and great recreation of all the beautiful places of the original to take cool screenshots in.

That very low quality screen made me excited.

d00522b4dda3632a08dfff87c108e193.jpg

Seeing that chest in the distance made me realize they merged every single area of the zone into one big map which is amazing for exploration.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The japanese website has a personality quizz to tell you who is recommended for your party and with what composition of classes.

I'm lowkey mad they didn't make it in english.

Might be worth translating ourselves so we can make it for people asking tho.

聖剣伝説3 TRIALS of MANA オススメパーティ診断 | SQUARE ENIX

あなたにピッタリのパーティ構成を見つけよう!聖剣伝説3 TRIALS of MANA オススメパーティ診断!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

With or without FF7R, the Switch version was bound to be the leading version (at least in the West).

The audience of AA JRPG are shifting toward that platform like Falcom's CEO said, we saw it recently with DQB2 and even before with YsVIII and it is going to be the same for ToM.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think I will have an eargasm when I listen to this remix:

www.youtube.com

Let's Listen: Seiken Densetsu 3 - Decision Bell, Mana Holy Land (Extended)

Gamerip OST. My SD3 Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=13309FE659045E1D My SoM Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F1C9C4DE2E098EFA

The second will be the last part of The Sacrifice.

This is one of the track that will be reorchestrated by Kikuta for the 25th anniversary in may.

=)

( Pc version of Trials will allow us to mod the music with the Anniversary OST once it's out like we did DQ11 :p )

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
This is one of the track that will be reorchestrated by Kikuta for the 25th anniversary in may.

=)

( Pc version of Trials will allow us to mod the music with the Anniversary OST once it's out like we did DQ11 :p )

Oh! Excellent! Do you have the entire list? Please, tell me that they will also do the entire The Sacrifice. That is the Dancing Mad or One Winged Angel of Seiken.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
BTW, how are we thinking they're going to handle Duran's story ... ? With VA and cutscenes they can't keep it 1:1 or they're going to get sued by Disney lmao.

Oh! Excellent! Do you have the entire list? Please, tell me that they will also do the entire The Sacrifice. That is the Dancing Mad or One Winged Angel of Seiken.

The list is not complete.

The Sacrifice is not among the few they announced but they literally have "and more" at the end of their list so we won't know.

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
BTW, how are we thinking they're going to handle Duran's story ... ? With VA and cutscenes they can't keep it 1:1 or they're going to get sued by Disney lmao.

The list is not complete.

The Sacrifice is not among the few they announced but they literally have "and more" at the end of their list so we won't know.

I do not remember the details. I always chose Hawk, Kevin, and Charlotte. In this order. Put in spoilers, what is the Star Wars copy?

Apr 19, 2018
The remake's music arrangements are sounding good, but I am missing the deep rumbling bass and heavy-hitting percussion that was so synonymous with some of the songs from the SNES original.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
on one hand I would love to get this at launch, but on the other, I know it'll be a timesink and I have a huge backlog. It's incredible that it exists and I'm happy they remade it with such great execution

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I do not remember the details. I always chose Hawk, Kevin, and Charlotte. In this order. Put in spoilers, what is the Star Wars copy?

Late game Duran story spoiler :
When facing the Dark Knight :

" You are too weak to defeat us. Give up now."

" You don't know me at all ! I will not run away from the monster that killed my father ! "

" Have you not realized it yet ? I .. am your father .. "

" No way ... That ... doesn't make any sense !! "

I do find it funny that you said Star Wars, because I said Disney.

Uh, isn't that the Nintendo Switch version? Now I'm starting to want to get that version.

It is but the ps4 version page doesn't let me right click images and it's the same packaging.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this game was not on my radar but after the last trailer I had to preorder. These next few months are going to be amazing when it comes to gaming.

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
Late game Duran story spoiler :
When facing the Dark Knight :

" You are too weak to defeat us. Give up now."

" You don't know me at all ! I will not run away from the monster that killed my father ! "

" Have you not realized it yet ? I .. am your father .. "

" No way ... That ... doesn't make any sense !! "

I do find it funny that you said Star Wars, because I said Disney.

It is but the ps4 version page doesn't let me right click images and it's the same packaging.

Well, they bought it. And I know Duran story. So I made the connections. ;p Did not know the dialogue, tho. Nice.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think handled mode screenshots are never really representative for games because on the smaller screen it just looks okay but if you look at it on a 1080p+ display it's the fucking worst.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think handled mode screenshots are never really representative for games because on the smaller screen it just looks okay but if you look at it on a 1080p+ display it's the fucking worst.
Yeah I usually look at them in my phone to have an idea. Otherwise it looks pixelated.

I saw some people posting games pictures with the Switch and it looked way more representative.

MrMegaMill

Nov 28, 2017
The japanese website has a personality quizz to tell you who is recommended for your party and with what composition of classes.

I'm lowkey mad they didn't make it in english.

Might be worth translating ourselves so we can make it for people asking tho.

聖剣伝説3 TRIALS of MANA オススメパーティ診断 | SQUARE ENIX

あなたにピッタリのパーティ構成を見つけよう!聖剣伝説3 TRIALS of MANA オススメパーティ診断!

Ask and you shall receive (I am bored today):

Question 1: Which of the following do you most strongly believe in?

Red: The power I have
Purple: The power of darkness
Orange: The power of light
Blue: The power of friends

Question 2: How would you react if you failed and were harshly criticized for it?

Red: I would think about what happened and what I could do better.
Purple: I'd try to get my friends to make me feel better.
Orange: I'd take it in stride and do even better from now on
Blue: I would wait for the storm to pass and continue on with my life.

Question 3: Do you like depending on others?

Red: I hate it.
Purple: It depends on the situation.
Orange: It doesn't matter to me.
Blue: I like it.

Question 4: If you opened a treasure chest, which of the following would you most like to receive?

Red: Faerie Walnut
Purple: Puipui Grass
Orange: Honey Drink
Blue: Magic Rope

Question 5: If a friend of yours was upset due to school or work, how would you most likely help them?

Red: I would find other people to help them.
Purple: I would look up advice that could help them out.
Orange: We would face whatever the problem was together.
Blue: I would do whatever I physically could to help.

Question 6: Which animal most closely resembles your personality?

Red: A lonely lion
Purple: A cute hamster
Orange: The head of a family of zebras
Blue: A gorilla's father

Question 7: Which colour is most emblematic of your personality?

Red: Red
Purple: Yellow
Orange: Orange
Blue: Blue

Question 8: Which of the following superpowers would you most like to have?

Red: Supersight. I could see really far away and through walls.
Purple: Supersense. I could feel when danger was coming and avoid it.
Orange: Superstrength. I could move anything, no matter the size.
Blue: Teleportation. I could jump to my favourite places in an instant.

Question 9: You are now extremely successful. What would be the first think you'd want to get?

Red: A mansion
Purple: A new building for my company.
Orange: A gorgeous boyfriend/girlfriend
Blue: A private plane

Question 10: What is most important in life?

Red: Having a sense of wonder
Purple: Having many friends
Orange: Being smart
Blue: Being strong against adversity

I'm not translating the results, as I am sure there are maaaaany variations, but this should help!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ask and you shall receive (I am bored today):

Question 1: Which of the following do you most strongly believe in?

Red: The power I have
Purple: The power of darkness
Orange: The power of light
Blue: The power of friends

Question 2: How would you react if you failed and were harshly criticized for it?

Red: I would think about what happened and what I could do better.
Purple: I'd try to get my friends to make me feel better.
Orange: I'd take it in stride and do even better from now on
Blue: I would wait for the storm to pass and continue on with my life.

Question 3: Do you like depending on others?

Red: I hate it.
Purple: It depends on the situation.
Orange: It doesn't matter to me.
Blue: I like it.

Question 4: If you opened a treasure chest, which of the following would you most like to receive?

Red: Faerie Walnut
Purple: Puipui Grass
Orange: Honey Drink
Blue: Magic Rope

Question 5: If a friend of yours was upset due to school or work, how would you most likely help them?

Red: I would find other people to help them.
Purple: I would look up advice that could help them out.
Orange: We would face whatever the problem was together.
Blue: I would do whatever I physically could to help.

Question 6: Which animal most closely resembles your personality?

Red: A lonely lion
Purple: A cute hamster
Orange: The head of a family of zebras
Blue: A gorilla's father

Question 7: Which colour is most emblematic of your personality?

Red: Red
Purple: Yellow
Orange: Orange
Blue: Blue

Question 8: Which of the following superpowers would you most like to have?

Red: Supersight. I could see really far away and through walls.
Purple: Supersense. I could feel when danger was coming and avoid it.
Orange: Superstrength. I could move anything, no matter the size.
Blue: Teleportation. I could jump to my favourite places in an instant.

Question 9: You are now extremely successful. What would be the first think you'd want to get?

Red: A mansion
Purple: A new building for my company.
Orange: A gorgeous boyfriend/girlfriend
Blue: A private plane

Question 10: What is most important in life?

Red: Having a sense of wonder
Purple: Having many friends
Orange: Being smart
Blue: Being strong against adversity

I'm not translating the results, as I am sure there are maaaaany variations, but this should help!

Woah thank you so much !

I'll try to make it an interactive version if I can, with some of the results translated.

edit :

Might take too long actually, but if you feel like posting your results we'll help you understand the team composition !

Last edited: