• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Collection version of SD3 identical to the original version or did they fix some of its more glaring bugs?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
What the FUCK, that looked leagues above the other 2 remakes!

Added Sales expectations on Switch allows SE to allocate more budget to games like the Trials of Mana remake or Tokio RPG factory titles.
People really underestimate the influence of Octopath Travelers performance when it comes to what SE is willing to spend money on.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
People shat on a SoM remake that was pretty much 1:1 with the original but now they are excited about this one. ?
Because that game looked bad and it was considered worse than the original by many.

This remake looks MUCH better and we just got the original in the West so even if it's bad we still get at least one great version out of it.

Oct 25, 2017
the ocean

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic to get an official translation after decades of hoping for it.

Remake looks genuinely good too. Great announcement all around.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
This has been a solid dream of mine since I imported that from Game Cave in 1996... I can't even believe they finally, officially are bringing this thing out here - and the remake was a nice surprise!

Downloading this today!

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
The remake looks pretty decent but glad that they went for collection too. Nice to hear it comes already today. Will wait for impressions first regards to translation and if you can play 3 players.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
As I've never played these games before, the Collection looked pretty great even just from the few seconds of each game they showed.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Was it today or was it after the direct?

I am constantly refreshin to find it on the e-shop but it's not there yete :<

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
16-year-old me is currently freaking the hell out, while current me is just trying to stay calm enough to hope for a decent price...

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Like some people here, I too was expecting just a localization of the SD Collection, but I didn't expect a great-looking remake of SD3 also. :O

Now I need to decide whether I should biy the collection or wait for the Trials of Mana remake.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I hear you, but what exactly can they carry over that won't make the early game a joke? How invested can you be in the different scenarios if you can just blow past every challenge?
Yeah, it'd be a tough nut to crack. Endgame equipment is probably a bad idea for the reasons you voice, and you wouldn't want endgame abilities because half the point of starting over is to be able to make new class-up choices.

Maaaaaaybe I'd be okay with item/equipment carryover while resetting levels and abilities back to zero, though. If you're playing as the three characters you *didn't* choose the first time around, you'd still be starting from zero (but with a bigger cache of healing items I guess).

I think this remake is also fairly likely to draw some influence from Octopath Traveler, to be honest, when it comes to the multiple-characters thing. I could see it adding a new all-six-characters endgame/postgame sort of thing, for example.

I hope the Black Rabite is still in (and that this time it's accessible no matter who your main is).

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I play this game, I default to Angela, Riesz, Kevin. I want to play different characters, but when you get right down to it....

I'm gonna play Angela, Riesz, Kevin.

brb downloading Angela Riesz Kevin simulator 2019

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
40€ is expensive, but in other hand we finally get that localized at long last. AND IT'S NOT ENGLISH ONLY.
I'll support it and get the remake later.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm fine with paying $40 for what's essentially a collection with great emulation and a game that never even made it over before.

Fuck, I'd have paid $40 for Trials alone

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
It will probably shake out in a few hours, but what exactly was announced?

To my understanding, Switch (and probably others) have a collection today that is the first three games in this series. The third of which is localized as "Trials of Mana"

And in 2020 there is going to be an HD remake of the third, which is localized as "Trials of Mana"

But if I were to buy the collection today I get english localizations of 1-3, but with the original mechanics and visuals? And if I buy the version in 2020 I get an HD remake of just 3, but with (presumably) the same localization and some add-ons?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh yikes. $50 Canadian dollars. I think I'm still in though.

20190611-131233.jpg