• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Any ideas at which time it unlocks on Steam?
Unless specified otherwise(which it wasn't), releases are usually 10AM pacific, at least that's my experience with Steam releases. That's when they do their "daily update" thing with new deals and what not. Ends up being 7PM here in central europe.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I got a weird bug with the demo, I'm wondering if I'll get the same issue with the game; everytime I launch it on Big Picture Mode, I got an error that my VR headset isn't detected. And I get no sound. It's only happens with THAT game. Any ideas?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
This is one of my most favorite RPGs, SNES games....and I'm so tempted to buying it on PS4 and/or Steam but....I just dont buy games at full price anymore.....gonna wait for a sale.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to respec in the game, or are your stat ups final?

Also, do we know yet what stats to focus on for which characters?

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
If there is a Switch option it is always the answer unless it runs horribly. Being able to play while other people use the tv or if I want to lay in bed trumps all else. I would never have finished DQXI if not for the Switch. Also, 30 fps feels fine. I mean FF7R has the same frame rate and it is all good.

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
I got a weird bug with the demo, I'm wondering if I'll get the same issue with the game; everytime I launch it on Big Picture Mode, I got an error that my VR headset isn't detected. And I get no sound. It's only happens with THAT game. Any ideas?

Adding -nohmd to the command line fixes it for the demo for me. Oversight leaving UE VR defaults looks like. Hopefully fixed in the the full game.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Really hoping this is easily moddable. Seems like a prime candidate for difficulty and rebalancing mods.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
found out the game is using KawaiiPhysics, which is a physics plug-in made by a single person. way to reach the big leagues

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking of going with Hawkeye first, but after that demo I NEED to experience Charwotte in full

Going Charlotte, Kevin & Duran first playthrough. If you can select new characters for NewGame+ then I'll play the other three

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I preordered this on a whim because i think it will scratch the specific itch I have right now. I know next to nothing about it but I've played some of SD 1 and 2 (only about 75% of each im guessing) and played Legend of Mana to death, it's one of my fave games. The idea of a more refined version of those is really enticing!

I was thinking of playing Kevin, I generally prefer fast close quarters characters for action RPGs and mained fist weapons in Legend of Mana

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm so excited to play this. Going with the classic Riesz, Angela and Charlotte party for my first play through as it was the first party I tried in the original.

I love the music in the original so much, can't wait to experience it all again.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably gonna get this later on sale since I'm half Nookling at this point. It just sucks that there's no multiplayer. After playing the demo, I'm also a little concerned about the clunky movement. I felt so slow getting from one point to the other.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
Adding -nohmd to the command line fixes it for the demo for me. Oversight leaving UE VR defaults looks like. Hopefully fixed in the the full game.
Yeah, it fixes the VR Steam launch but not the sound, like I guess the sound is trying to be output from the VR headset. Let's hope it will be ok with the full game, I'm not too keen to start the Oculus each time I want to play that game, moreover it seems to kill the fps (around 20fps drop).

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Great title lol and I loved SD3, hope SD3D is just as good.
Planning to start with Kevin and Charlotte, who should I pick for last character?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, it fixes the VR Steam launch but not the sound, like I guess the sound is trying to be output from the VR headset. Let's hope it will be ok with the full game, I'm not too keen to start the Oculus each time I want to play that game, moreover it seems to kill the fps (around 20fps drop).
I had the issue too but the "easy fix" is to just plug the VR headset off. If it's not on, it doesn't try to send sound to it, and it's fine. Annoying though so hope they fix it but I can live with it for a few days.

kotowaru

Jan 14, 2018
Not sure when or if I'll get this but if I do, it needs to be played with an all male cast because dear beelzebub are all of those female character designs some of the absolute worst fucking trash that has come out of a big publisher in a long time.

Uh, what? The female designs look great. Dunno what you're on about...?

Really looking forward to a 3D reimagining of this game. Can't wait for my copy to arrive.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
how disappointed am i about to be when this doesn't release at midnight on steam

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
Ah right, there used to be a setting in steam VR to pick if sound auto changed to the headset when VR was started. Kind of a pain though. Turning that off means manually setting the device each time you do want to use the headset.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It unlocked at midnight, love the new auto-run option, I hate clicking sticks.
Been playing for a bit since the demo and man I missed it <3

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
It unlocked at midnight
tenor.gif

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
The OT is beautiful!!!!!!!!

I am very excited for this and still cannot believe it's a thing that actually exists. If you told me 5 years ago that in a few years we would have bot the original SNES game AND a full 3D remake, I wouldn't have believed you.

Preloaded and ready to go on PS4, and it's out in a little over 2 hours. I'm not feeling great so I actually may not be up at 11, but I sure am trying lol. Regardless, tomorrow I'm putting Animal Crossing, Persona 5R, and FF7 Remake all on hold to play this. Crazy period for game releases!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, nice, any other little upgrades compared to the demo you've noticed?
Only played 30 mins so the only stuff I saw is the new option for running, there is normal like the demo, continuous (only click once to switch) and auto that make you run after walking for 1 sec.
Should have mentioned I'm playing on Switch.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, what? The female designs look great. Dunno what you're on about...?

Really looking forward to a 3D reimagining of this game. Can't wait for my copy to arrive.

There is a significant amount of fanservice in almost all of their designs + jiggle physics equals er.... trouble, to say the least.

there was a stream I popped in on and I was greeted with a full screen closeup on a certain Villaness's assets.

Caught me compeltey off guard considering the overall cuteness of the games style, while I wasn't too displeased personally I can easily see other people being put off no problem. I hope it gets toned down as you progress.

kotowaru

Jan 14, 2018
There is a significant amount of fanservice in almost all of their designs + jiggle physics equals er.... trouble, to say the least.

there was a stream I popped in on and I was greeted with a full screen closeup on a certain Villaness's assets.

Caught me compeltey off guard considering the overall cuteness of the games style, while I wasn't too displeased personally I can easily see other people being put off no problem. I hope it gets toned down as you progress.

There's nothing wrong with skin and fanservice but to each his own, I guess. *shrug*

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

It's a T rated game, you literally can not be getting a full view of anyone's assets.