• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

physical shipment and digital downloads on pc/ps4/switch. congrats to the team, hopefully they get to make a brand new mana game one day.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Great to hear, I really enjoyed my time with it. Need to get started on my Riesz/Hawkeye playthrough soon.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Loved this game. It was so shamelessly faithful to the SNES game, which is either a point for it or against it depending on who you ask, but I'm very much the target audience for that. Gave it a couple of playthroughs and will probably get around to a third sometime this year. Glad it did well for what it was. I hope either a SD4 remake or SD5 are next.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good. Hopefully S-E gives the devs a proper budget to make a full fledged Mana sequel.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this means they can afford better voice acting for the next one. The last two efforts have been abysmal.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Still need to play it. Enjoyed the demo quite a lot, but it was very easy. Are there different settings and how are they?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's a great sweet spot in terms of remake production values (outside of the atrocious VO), and something I want to see SE do more of.

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought it and played through it last month. Loved it. I badly want more Mana games, or I'll just be glad for a re-try at remaking Secret of Mana with the same effort and care that went into Trials

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Massive jump from previous titles so thats very awesome to hear. Especially considering they didnt have to sell the game for 10 bucks or so to reach that milestone - future looking bright again for the Mana series.

Oct 26, 2017
Loved it. It was simple, charming and to the point. Amazing music and I love the art style, even if the designs are silly at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
Can they also remake Secret of Mana? That's one of my fav games of all time

Oh wait, they did remake it lol and I keep forgetting to pick it up

Remake it in 3d would be cool

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Not even sure if joking, but I'd totally welcome a second stab at that.

Or Legend of Mana. More than 50 people need to play that game, even if it's JUST to listen to the OST>

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Great! Hope we see a new chapter next because Square's expectations were exceeded a long time ago...

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Great!

I hope it gives us more SNES remakes with this kind of budget and style.

FFVI Remake doesn't have to be as expensive as FFVII

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Great!

I hope it gives us more SNES remakes with this kind of budget and style.

FFVI Remake doesn't have to be as expensive as FFVII
Yeah, FFIII and FFIV remakes, etc.

I'm really curious to see if whatever they're doing with Live A Live is closer to this or the SaGa style (probably that).
This, this please, do FFIV with this style and better VA.
I meant that the DS remakes were great, but I won't say no to another IV go-around lol. Game has already sustained two really good interpretations.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I'm fully in support of SE remaking their entire NES/SNES catalog in the style of Trials of Mana. Even the sacred untouchables like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI.

Ashrak

353909374470717441.png

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed my time with this, so much I finished it 2 times to have saves with all characters.
Hopefully this means we'll get our Mana renaissance.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Noice

It's a good game a few tweaks away from being a great one. Still haven't gotten back to it since they patched the difficulty mode in

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I remember liking the demo on PS4, even tho it was uglier than SD3 on Switch (but then again, menus were more responsive on PS4 so...), I seem to remember it dropped frames like a bitch, da powah of ps5 should solve that.
Now, let's wait for a sale!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Who's the character/enemy right at the front-left, just peeking into shot? I don't recognise them.

This feels like an engine that deserves a second outing for *something*, not necessarily a Mana remake (I was thinking that DQ's style wouldn't be a bad fit for it, maybe a DQ ARPG?)... but Mana remakes or new titles would be great too!

Oct 27, 2017
Any of the Snes/PS1 games remade in this style and scope would probably do pretty well.

Hell imagine Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre looking like this.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Had a great time with this, even with its charmingly terrible 90s anime era voice acting.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Any of the Snes/PS1 games remade in this style and scope would probably do pretty well.

Hell imagine Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre looking like this.

Honestly i would prefer they just did them how they are doing Saga Frontier HD with AI upscaling. If they for example made Legend of Mana into 3D that would suck.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it, although I wish Chrono Trigger could have gotten the same treatment.