• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
www.gematsu.com

Trials of Mana demo launches March 18; ‘Final’ trailer and pre-launch gameplay

Square Enix has released the “Final” trailer for Trials of Mana, as well as announced it will release a demo for the game for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on March 18.

The demo will allow users to play the beginning of the game, from when the protagonist meets the party members they choose to adventure with, to the Fullmetal Hugger boss battle. Players will be able to freely choose their party combination, as well as carry their save data over to the full game when it launches.

Final Trailer

New classes models

3-1-qjkh_x62b.960.jpg

3-2_27ev.960.jpg

• Duran - Saber (Light), Berseker (Dark)
  • Angela - Witch Queen (Light, Spellcaster (Dark)
  • Kevin - Beast King (Light), Destroyer (Dark)
  • Charlotte - High Priestess (Light), Hexer (Dark)
  • Hawkeye - Spriggen (Light), Avenger (Dark)
  • Riesz - Meteor (Light), Hræsvelgr (Dark)
New Game Plus and New Episode
The Trials of Mana remake will also incorporate a New Game Plus feature, where players can replay the game and inherit money, link abilities, items, level, and the number of cactuses found. This way, you can experience playing with other characters and storyline routes that you didn't play through the first time while not having to start from scratch.

A new episode is also said to be found by visiting the library in Valsena, which seems to be related to the new 4th tier of classes.

Last edited:

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Best part of the demo I played (preview going up shortly). I wonder how that'll impact trophies.

aNyxmFy.jpg

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
WHAT THE FUCK

DEMO TOMORROW, all 6 playable characters AND THIS SHIT GETS TRANSFERED TO THE REAL GAME???

COUNT. ME. IN!!!!

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance this will have Pro enhancements? If not I might get the Switch version instead.

Last edited:

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Between this, FF7 and RE3, they might as well drop a demo for Sakura Wars while they're at it.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Ok, there seem to be a post-game or some kind of final chapter or new game+? + tier 4 classes! To access them you have to beat the game (I guess?) , go to Valsena and read some kind of book.

New classes models

3-1-qjkh_x62b.960.jpg

3-2_27ev.960.jpg

salromano can correct me if this is wrong

Edit: Thanks to RPGsite for the info
ew Game Plus and New Episode
The Trials of Mana remake will also incorporate a New Game Plus feature, where players can replay the game and inherit money, link abilities, items, level, and the number of cactuses found. This way, you can experience playing with other characters and storyline routes that you didn't play through the first time while not having to start from scratch.

A new episode is also said to be found by visiting the library in Valsena, which seems to be related to the new 4th tier of classes.

Last edited:

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp this week is pso2/re3 demo and this. I'm more excited for this than ff7r.

Einhandr

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it's a very underrated game, and often hated from last gen (my friends and I loved it), but is anyone else getting some Infinite Undiscovery vibes from this?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FFVII Remake Demo, R3make Demo, Trials of Mana Demo.

What a time to be alive, and all these games are right around the corner!

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
MY STRONGEST FORM IS BIKINI 💕

Pretty graphics otherwise. ...I feel a bit burned after the Secret of Mana remake so Im waiting on reviews. :/

grand

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, this game was probably worth it regardless of final quality, if only to finally force a localization of SD3 last year.

On the other hand, I want burn all the character designs in this game and every choice when designing anything.

Diagol

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome!! Can't wait to try it out. And it'll give me something to do while I'm social distancing!!

Nice to hear about the new classes and New Game + too!!

Oct 27, 2017
4th classes
new game+
new chapter
demo tomorrow

Every time I think they can't do more with this game they knock me down with something else new.

Oct 25, 2017
The mysterious female at the end of that Final Trailer...

I wonder if that is the game's version of Anise from the more recent additions to the Mana mythos? (The wiki page explains that Anise appeared in Dawn of Mana, Legend of Mana, and Heroes of Mana).

The addition of Lil' Cactus, a charcter created for Legend of Mana and used in Sword of Mana suggest that the Trials remake might have such nods to the post-SNES Mana games.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Totally in for the demo. Looking forward to it!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Ok, there seem to be a post-game or some kind of final chapter or new game+? + tier 4 classes! To access them you have to beat the game (I guess?) , go to Valsena and read some kind of book.

New classes models

3-1-qjkh_x62b.960.jpg

3-2_27ev.960.jpg

salromano can correct me if this is wrong

Edit: Thanks to RPGsite for the info
Jesus christ those designs...

giphy.gif

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
They can call it Trails of Mana all they want but no one going stop me from calling it Seiken Densetsu 3 Remake ^_^

Joking aside, This is releasing simultaneously worldwide?

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
The mysterious female at the end of that Final Trailer...

I wonder if that is the game's version of Anise from the more recent additions to the Mana mythos? (The wiki page explains that Anise appeared in Dawn of Mana, Legend of Mana, and Heroes of Mana).

The addition of Lil' Cactus, a charcter created for Legend of Mana and used in Sword of Mana suggest that the Trials remake might have such nods to the post-SNES Mana games.
Sounds like it actually listening to her talk.

She's asking where she is right now, then comments on that she's in another world... so she could be from Mavolia.

Oct 25, 2017
All the designs (spoiled for size):
XfNqtXc.png
NjmX6U0.png
4xLuVUv.png
KrOg0SW.png
GLgEB0Z.png
7JNiGik.png
MjznvR7.png
a8HBtw0.png
pN5i58J.png
0yJAVk8.png
5sCBbd4.png
kr759ou.png

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
As much as I love the original game and the fact that they remake it in 3D now, the ladies outfits (in particular the dark ones) are fucking embarrassing. What did they do to you Riesz..... I understand in the original design the outfit is a little revealing but to this extend? WHY?