• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
That's actually huge.

Also new options to disable HUD elements. That's also a really nice feature for OLED owners.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
So, do they balance this out with dynamic resolution? Haven't really played any Call of Duty games so I don't know if they have been dynamic res previously.

Anyways, options -> always good.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie - please add this as an option in the Beyond Light next gen update.

Agree that this should be a standard feature on all FPS games on console.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
tenor.gif

Finally!!!

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Very nice.
Excuse the ignorance, but what is the negative impact of a wider field of view? Does it reduce performance in terms of frame rate? I'm not sure why it isn't offered in more games.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Very nice.
Excuse the ignorance, but what is the negative impact of a wider field of view? Does it have a negative impact on performance? I'm not sure why it isn't offered in more games.

it can affect performance yes, and also higher fov means that stuff in the distance may appear smaller, which, if you play on a small TV, or you sit too far, can be annoying.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty fucking huge. Very much one of the reasons why I don't like playing shooters on consoles was because of the FOV.

Now If only they could all have 120fps mode 🤔

Deleted member 25671

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh my. This is the only thing left for Destiny 2 to put in on PS5/XSX. I hope all FPS go this way for consoles.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
This will be my first time dealing with a FOV slider. Is there a sweet spot most people agree on?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Oh hell yeah, with the added power, playing this at a wider FOV on Series X shouldn't hinder performance, hopefully great news.

Now give it to me for R6 Siege, please....

Sep 10, 2020
It's so crazy cool that since consoles are finally respectably powerful this gen we're going to get personalization and choices like PC games. One of the most exciting parts of next gen tbh

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, a bit out topic but do I have to download the beta or i can use the same alpha file? Asking because the alpha file is stuck in connecting screen