• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Here's a video of Trevor visiting his grandmother's place. A little insight into how Black people were treated during Apartheid (she's also an awesome woman).

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Damn, doesn't play in my region... :(

I was watching the Netflix documentary about Trevor before he blew up in the US, was really interesting. A lot of the white comedians from South Africa were... somewhat salty about his one man stand up tour, also complaining "why does he have to talk about Apatheid all the time? It's over now!" Ugh.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
She is adorable, love her giggling when he suggests how he was a apartheid hero.

I highly recommend his book Born a Crime as well in regards to apartheid, it is a amazing read/listen. Quite funny often as well.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Man, this seems to be a universal refrain when it comes to avoiding issues related to the Black struggle.

Pretty much, sadly.

They really showed their arses with that - I mean, they could talk about their personal experiences with Trevor and say they don't like him for whatever (jealousy or no) but the "why haven't you already got over your lack of civil rights and the fact you (and your family) could have been arrested and maybe killed for existing, barely 30 years ago" reeks of a total lack of self awareness and privilege, to name but a few things.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been to South Africa last year. The warmth in this video is exactly what I discovered, and a country that is still recovering from the wounds.
I was in Cape Town, and I remember going to the beach, and seeing the young generation all mixed up, without a single fuck given for what their parents and grandparents thought about. That made me hopeful in the future of the country.