• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait... does the new intro completely replace the old one? I haven't played the game yet! Hopefully the original intro is still there.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
wait... does the new intro completely replace the old one? I haven't played the game yet! Hopefully the original intro is still there.

Old intro should still be there following the new one the first time you boot up the game. On subsequent boot-ups, this doesn't seem to be the case, but remember you can always make extra accounts on Switch to load games with no save file if you need to.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hate the latter part of Life is Destroy and it's almost entirely because of the sound the big blue face makes constantly.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Any reward for collecting all Unreal Logos and all Azteca Stones? I'm only missing a single Azteca Stone from Serious Moonlight, so I might just get it anyway. But I have no real desire to go back throught the maze of Golden Dragon GP to find the Unreal Logos I'm missing there unless there's a real reward for getting them all.

F31 Leopard

Oct 30, 2017
Old intro should still be there following the new one the first time you boot up the game. On subsequent boot-ups, this doesn't seem to be the case, but remember you can always make extra accounts on Switch to load games with no save file if you need to.

The old intro is still there so you don't need to make another account. On initial boot up skip the new intro to the title screen and let it idle. The new intro will play again and then the old intro will play right after back to back.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Started playing the game.
The new intro is hype as fuck.
I'm trying to do a "no level up" run on bitter and the combat is quite fun, when you risk to lose your last continue it's pretty tense and ypu are forced to play well (recognize the enemies pattern and using well the skills which are very useful).
I'm having a bit of trouble with Electric Thunder boss though, I couldn't beat his third form.
Did anyone beat him without leveling up on bitter difficulty?

I'm loving the writing, it really feels like a Suda game.
But I really dislike how they mapped the recharge button combination to pressing the left stick which is moronic in a action packed game, it's unreliable in my experience which makes the game more frustrating than it should be.
Whoever thought it was a good idea should be spanked in the ass.
The other qualm I have with the game are the long loading times.
I mean I fail at a boss? Fine but the retry need to be almost instantaneous.
Here instead there is a noticeable loading time + a cutscene + a dialogue that thankfully can be skipped.

I'm really enjoying my time with TSA apart from the two issues above.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing the game.
The new intro is hype as fuck.
I'm trying to do a "no level up" run on bitter and the combat is quite fun when you risk to lose your last continue.
I'm having a bit of trouble with Electric Thunder boss though, I can't beat his third form.
Did anyone beat him without leveling up and on bitter?

I'm loving the writing, it really feels like a Suda game.
But I really dislike how they mapped the recharge button combination to pressing the left stick which is moronic in a action packed game, it's unreliable in my experience which makes the game more frustrating that it should be.
Whoever thought it was a good idea should be spanked in the ass.
The other qualm I have with the game are the long loading times.
I mean I fail at a boss? Fine but the retry need to be almost instantaneous.
Here instead there is a notceable loading time + a cutscene + a dialogue that thankfully can be skipped.

I'm really enjoying my time with TSA apart from the two downside above.

Huh. Are you not choosing 'continue' after you die? That kicks you right back into the action with no loading necessary.

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Level 1 Bitter run is pretty much unsustainable the moment you reach the final level.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I just did my part, but I bought it physical at Best Buy with the season pass included. I had a gift card and apparently some credit so I only paid $4.36 in the end, haha.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Level 1 Bitter run is pretty much unsustainable the moment you reach the final level.
Yeah, I will probably desist tomorrow.
It's just the game starts and it goes like this

Game: You can adjust then difficult level any time you want ...
... but real gamers always play on bitter.
Me: Ok.
Game: Oh and have I told you that there is also a experience system in place? But only pussy will use it.
Me: Challenge accepted.

Ah ah I love your mental tricks Suda.

[well ok, dialogues are a bit different in the game but the meaning is the same]

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Playing Coffee and Doughnuts now. The bouncy donuts sections were annoying as heck until I realized if you hold B, you will jump without having to time exactly when your feet are about to come down. Once I started doing that I found the levels aren't as bad as I thought they would be lol.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
Just finished the game today. It was the first No More Heroes game i've played, i hope they port the previous ones, i want to play them after completing this one.
Combat system was fine, more upgrades and skill customization could add so much more.
Visual design and presentation is superb. Some great humor and very neat surprises are here, game manages to be "meta" without being abnoxious.
The problem is some levels just keep dragging. I would've liked it so much better if it was 2 hours shorter. The game presents you a new world and a new concept, and just does not let it go. Especially in the last Death Ball, i wanted to reach the end. However, boss fights are VERY well done so at least each level has a worthy conclusion.
As a video game, it is kinda mediocre, not bad, not very good, sometimes annoying, sometimes enjoyable.
As an experience however, i reccomend this to anyone. Everyone should at least try this if they have the oppurtunity.

As a fan of the Shadows of the Damned, the entire Damned: Dark Knight level made TSA worth it.

Playing Coffee and Doughnuts now. The bouncy donuts sections were annoying as heck until I realized if you hold B, you will jump without having to time exactly when your feet are about to come down. Once I started doing that I found the levels aren't as bad as I thought they would be lol.
It is so fucking weird that game does not tell you this.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Finished tonight.

What a delightful game.

I don't have much to say that hasn't been said already. I'm just glad it exists and I had a really good time with it.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just wrapped this up, and what an experience. This game is gonna stay on mind for awhile.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Woah, I just started the 1st scenerio and
is travis now married to Sylvia? And have a child, actually now that im remembering at the true end of NMH1 there was Sylvia and a child.named Jeanne so I guess that is canon

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Woah, I just started the 1st scenerio and
is travis now married to Sylvia? And have a child, actually now that im remembering at the true end of NMH1 there was Sylvia and a child.named Jeanne so I guess that is canon
I was thinking the same thing. That scene from the first game must have been a flash forward. Was wondering what was going on with it when I beat the first game.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished this yesterday and it's been on my mind ever since, I don't have much to say except it was an incredibly special experience and I know it'll stick to me for a while. There's so much passion and love put into this, you can almost touch it. It sure is good to have Suda back and let's just say I'm extremely excited for E3 now.

Now I've tried most of his games but I've only ever beaten NMH1 and TSA as far as Suda directed games goes (NMH2 doesn't count). I really need to tackle Silver Case or Killer 7... Tempted to get back to Shadows as well.

Also goddamn, that soundtrack, I really hope they release it officially soon. Coffee and Doughnuts goes too hard.
I wrote my thoughts on the game and the character of Travis. I put them in my blog for convenience if you all don't mind. It's spoilertastic obviously

Thank you for sharing this, I loved it. It reflects some or my interpretations while adding many others I didn't think of at all... There's so much to dissect here; what a game.
I was thinking the same thing. That scene from the first game must have been a flash forward. Was wondering what was going on with it when I beat the first game.
Not sure what you guys mean about that first scenario but Sylvia was married to Henry back in NMH1 so the girl is most likely theirs.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Finished this yesterday and it's been on my mind ever since, I don't have much to say except it was an incredibly special experience and I know it'll stick to me for a while. There's so much passion and love put into this, you can almost touch it. It sure is good to have Suda back and let's just say I'm extremely excited for E3 now.

Now I've tried most of his games but I've only ever beaten NMH1 and TSA as far as Suda directed games goes (NMH2 doesn't count). I really need to tackle Silver Case or Killer 7... Tempted to get back to Shadows as well.

Also goddamn, that soundtrack, I really hope they release it officially soon. Coffee and Doughnuts goes too hard.

Killer7 is seriously one of the most surreal video games ever created. The music in Killer7 is absolutely amazing as well, one of the best in games (Masafumi Takada is one of my favourite composers because of it and the other OSTs he made for Suda). I'd say go for Killer7 first since it's essential, then when you're wanting more Suda games check out both of the The Silver Case games (the sequel is called The 25th Ward; which is the most surreal visual novel adventure game I've ever played and was one of my GOTY for last year).

theanderson64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone point me in the direction of the second set of coffee/doughnuts on the fourth floor? Can't find a walkthrough any where. Thanks!

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man this last level (I think) is baaaaad. Ugly, repetitive, insanely long...
Yo so this
CIA level never ends
huh

It's very long and very draining. It's best to tackle it chunks as opposed to one sitting.

I just started a new play through of Killer7 to refresh my memory on the plot details, and what do you all think of the possibility of
Travis in K7 being Travis Touchdown? In his first appearance he mentions being the killer who was killed and being annoying

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just to give you an expectation on the final level length there's a basic pattern

CIA has ten screens, alternating between a screen with a cabinet, and a screen with a Sheepman re-fight. It's basically a boss rush.

The level is actually shorter than some of the previous stages, but it kinda feels longer because of the puzzles and abundance of enemies.

I just started a new play through of Killer7 to refresh my memory on the plot details, and what do you all think of the possibility of
Travis in K7 being Travis Touchdown? In his first appearance he mentions being the killer who was killed and being annoying

Travis' last name is Bell, and it's most likely not Touchdown because Bell is implied to be homosexual. Suda just said he really likes the name "Travis" hence the reuse

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just to give you an expectation on the final level length there's a basic pattern

CIA has ten screens, alternating between a screen with a cabinet, and a screen with a Sheepman re-fight. It's basically a boss rush.

The level is actually shorter than some of the previous stages, but it kinda feels longer because of the puzzles and abundance of enemies.

Travis' last name is Bell, and it's most likely not Touchdown because Bell is implied to be homosexual. Suda just said he really likes the name "Travis" hence the reuse

Ok, got it. It's been a minute since I last played through Killer7, so I'm foggy on some of that stuff. It's interesting because the second time you see them, they're wearing a shirt that says Bad Girl. You can see how stuff from this made it's way to NMH.

F31 Leopard

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone having problems since the update? I'm replaying stages trying to collect all the Azteca stones.
CIA
one of the Giant skulls does not spit out enemies and it won't let me damage it. The game also crashed twice saying software error.

Last edited:

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I finished the main game, time to see what this post-game business is all about. I enjoyed the ride, but after that last level I could use a break from combat. Hoping it's something different. Here we go!

Edit: Oh...that's pretty sweet.

Suda plays too many games, probably assumed everybody has played the platformers where that works (like Crash Bandicoot)

Yeah, I just automatically did it no question. It's one of those things embedded in my gaming habits from before the days of constant button prompts and tutorials.

Last edited:

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm glad it's moved up to 22 in the us eshop!!! Does anybody have number ima other regions? I kind of figure this game would get a word of mouth buzz

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Up through Coffee and Doughnuts, I don't feel as though I'm missing out on too much background information. Though I assume all the houses in Life is Destroy are referencing some specific game.

I'm very impressed with The Silver Case as a product from 1999. It's so prescient about Internet culture in a way that reminds me of Serial Experiments Lain, and the nature of the story it tells must have seemed revolutionary at the time. It holds up so well, and the localization is outstanding.

Coyote Smith is best Smith.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Up through Coffee and Doughnuts, I don't feel as though I'm missing out on too much background information. Though I assume all the houses in Life is Destroy are referencing some specific game.

I'm very impressed with The Silver Case as a product from 1999. It's so prescient about Internet culture in a way that reminds me of Serial Experiments Lain, and the nature of the story it tells must have seemed revolutionary at the time. It holds up so well, and the localization is outstanding.

Coyote Smith is best Smith.

Coyote Smith is indeed the best Smith. I always use him, and i LOVE how his t-shirt design changes through the levels

It's also Suda's favourite character in the Smith Syndicate.

I'm glad it's moved up to 22 in the us eshop!!! Does anybody have number ima other regions? I kind of figure this game would get a word of mouth buzz

It's nice to hear. I hope it gets in the top 20

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
After 1 hour I can already say that I'm in love. Style, music, "ignorant" gameplay. This game is awsome.