• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i literally just ended but it was the last thing he said, to watch E3 because he'll be there and he says he "maybe" has something he's going to announce there, "maybe", but encourages everyone there to watch E3 in a "wink wink, nudge nudge" type of way.
yeah he said that he'll be at E3 and that he 'might' have an announcement to share telling us to stay tuned.

Alright so it's definitely NMH3 then. It's coherent with his communication so far.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (3 days): console warring
Nooo nintenbros, theyre taking our games!!!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This game has an unlockable Jet Set Radio shirt, def. grabbing it if this is true

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Really wonder what's going to happen to the Zelda shirts now that it's coming to PS4

guess they're gonna remove them lol

also wonder if they're gonna bother with the local play on the steam version as it is a big feature of the game, being able to play online with a friend could be cool

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One thing's for sure, Switch definitely seems to be the NMH3 target platform. With Sony being a no-show, guessing it'll be revealed at the E3 Direct since there's not much elsewhere it can pop up - assuming it's getting space somewhere and isn't just gonna be shadowdropped among the bluster.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Really wonder what's going to happen to the Zelda shirts now that it's coming to PS4

Literally right before the announcement, Suda showed the shirts and talked about some licensing issues for certain shirts, especially with the bigger studio games. While he was speaking about that for the Switch version, I also fully believe it also was referencing the PS4/PC version as it ws the slide right after he talked about the shirts, and obviously some shirts might have some issues being on other platforms.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nooo nintenbros, theyre taking our games!!!

giphy.gif

also wonder if they're gonna bother with the local play on the steam version as it is a big feature of the game

I mean, isn't there a Siren shirt in the game? :p

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty ballsy to release this first on PS4/steam and not NMH 1/2 remasters.

I guess PC players have Dolphin at least !

Oh shit, could this mean we get NMH1, 2 and future titles on PC?!

NMH is a favorite series of mine, I'd love to replay them at 4k without the quirks of emulation.

Suda needs the OK from Marvelous for that to happen... And money.

A Marvelous X NISA venture, perhaps ?

Next year we can get a Shadows of the Damned remaster hopefully.

That game is owned by EA though.

Last edited:

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
with Suda onboard this time, the sony version shouldnt be trash like NMH1

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Next up on my list of port demands to Suda: Killer7 to other platforms aside from just Steam, The Silver Case & The 25th Ward on Switch (would love to play them both on there too, loved them on PS4). And NMH1 and 2 of course as well for everything (and Fatal Frame IV because it's a really good game).

Thanks Suda!

Next up on my list of port demands to Suda: Killer7 to other platforms aside from just Steam, The Silver Case & The 25th Ward on Switch (would love to play them both on there too, loved them on PS4). And NMH1 and 2 of course as well for everything (and Fatal Frame IV because it's a really good game).

Thanks Suda!
Fatal Frame 4 is never going to happen outside of Nintendo systems.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Didn't hear too many good things about this from a certain Switch oriented channel. Not sure I'll ever give it a try.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Even if they were perfect, a native PC port is always better than emulation.
The point I was getting at was that I'd rather the game with no real way of playing it on PC come over than the two which are perfectly playable on PC

They're not perfect on Dolphin

Eh, semantics.

I replayed through NMH and NMH2 on the latest Dolphin build from start to finish recently and I faced no major issues whatsoever. Perfect in my book.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see this make it to PS4, I'm one of probably two dozen people that bought NMH on PS3

Didn't hear too many good things about this from a certain Switch oriented channel. Not sure I'll ever give it a try.
It has a surprisingly rock-solid combat design to it, though it does have that habit that a lot of Japanese action games do where it doesn't really open up until a bit into it and you have access to abilities that open up the encounters more than what the game starts you out with. It's repetitive for sure, but no more so than your average brawler.

That being said, you do really need to be a big fan of Suda and GHM to get the most out of this, because it's one massive love letter to virtually their entire output.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
It has a surprisingly rock-solid combat design to it, though it does have that habit that a lot of Japanese action games do where it doesn't really open up until a bit into it and you have access to abilities that open up the encounters more than what the game starts you out with. It's repetitive for sure, but no more so than your average brawler.

That being said, you do really need to be a big fan of Suda and GHM to get the most out of this, because it's one massive love letter to virtually their entire output.
I've never played any of the NMH games, is this going to be fun narratively without them?

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I am glad I waited to buy this after seeing it was so low resolution on Switch. Will def be picking up on Steam.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Okay. It seemed pretty bad (and extremely repetitive) from all the footage I saw, but if this opens the door to NMH1, 2 and 3 being on other platforms I'm cool with it. I'm one of the few people who actually bought the PS3 version of the first game.