• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 936 75.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 302 24.4%

• Total voters

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It's probably only the controller, but man, MS has got them beaten to the punch by delivering the actual console to several outlets. Can't wait for the DF stuff.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Travis Scott was the perfect person for Sony to do this to reach this generation of youth. Just check out his collabs with Jordan brand shoes — resale is through the roof.

Everything this man touches right now turns to gold.

This is gaming side, a place where people want Ezio tunics and Leon S Kennedy leather jackets. Gamers, at least here, don't care about street fashion. Most don't even care about rap music or black culture at all.

Edit: clearing in case of confusion

Last edited:

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
I'm not sure what's the problem people are having with Travis having the console. I mean, I didn't know him too since I'm a little out of touch with male pop culture, but he clearly has a huge following. Would I be gagged if it was Cardi B? Absolutely. I just don't see why people are acting like Sony HAD to go for someone else, they really didn't have to, and he clearly seems enthusiastic about playing it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This is gaming side, a place where people want Ezio tunics and Leon S Kennedy leather jackets. Gamers, at least here, don't care about street fashion. Most don't even care about rap music or black culture at all. They need to come to terms that a lot of minorities play and care about shit like this lol.
Hell not even minorites hella young white kids eat this hype beast shit up.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
For what it's worth, if Travis has a PS5 sent to him, it's fair to assume some large media outlets has also gotten theirs or receiving them shortly anyway.

We know vtubers are posting PS5 videos on October 4th, so basically things are rolling out globally for press or press-adjacent people for PS5 hands-on.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This is gaming side, a place where people want Ezio tunics and Leon S Kennedy leather jackets. Gamers, at least here, don't care about street fashion. Most don't even care about rap music or black culture at all. They need to come to terms that a lot of minorities play and care about shit like this lol.

What is this post? Hip-hop is the most popular genre in the world, "Black culture" is American culture, and minorities ain't the only people paying attention to Travis Scott's every move. What a weird stretch to paint Travis Scott as niche.

Posts in here reek of people who are painfully out of touch.

imapioneer

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, if Travis has a PS5 sent to him, it's fair to assume some large media outlets has also gotten theirs or receiving them shortly anyway.

We know vtubers are posting PS5 videos on October 4th, so basically things are rolling out globally for press or press-adjacent people for PS5 hands-on.
This

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is this post? Hip-hop is the most popular genre in the world, "Black culture" is American culture, and minorities ain't the only people paying attention to Travis Scott's every move. What a weird stretch to paint Travis Scott as niche.

Posts in here reek of people who are painfully out of touch.

Out of touch? Have you seen how gaming side treats anything related to black people? Black culture is black culture. Point blank. Hip hop is black culture just like street fashion is heavily ingrained in urban culture. I know Americans love to think they own shit that minorities start, but don't try to put your stamp on it like "Oh rap is world famous now ITS ALL OURS TO CLAIM!". No. When minorities are puttin on it's kind of a big deal to see other people who look like us making a big splash outside of what they are known for. Sounds like you're out of touch if you can't understand what I'm getting at. But feel free to educate other poc about culture lol.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Please wash your hands after eating McDonald's Travis, you wouldn't want to get grease on your controller.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Okay so this is marketing appealing to non gamers. The ppl that missed a chance to preorder a ps5 and will likely not buy one anytime soon? Cool. Smart marketing move alright. /s
Marketing is not always about making someone go out and drop $500 today. Keeping your brand relevant and associated with the group you want, and expect, to buy it is incredibly important. Being the console cool people like Travis Scott has is just as important, or more important, than how many TFLOPs it has or how fast an SSD is to huge chunk of the millions of people Sony wants to sell PS5s to.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell not even minorites hella young white kids eat this hype beast shit up.

Yeah. It is possible to participate in something while paying respect to who the founders are, but apparently this is American culture and I can't specifically say "black culture". Because it's all of ours to claim. That doesn't sound like every other racism related thread that pops up about claiming shit from other cultures lol. Talk about missing the point in a thread about a rapper, on a forum where tinges of racism always rears it's head lol. Gimme a break.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is "old man yelling at cloud.jpg".
Scott is one of the biggest and most influencial musicians for the younger generation, not sure why the anger.

Vivi

Nov 10, 2017

Era what the hell even is this? ^
I swear some of these posts come off real ignorant and it always seems to be about popular black celebs and black culture. I don't think anyone with internet can feign they don't know who certain people are anymore.
This post especially the ending felt racist 🤔

Oct 25, 2017
I swear some of these posts come off real ignorant and it always seems to be about popular black celebs and black culture. I don't think anyone with internet can feign they don't know who certain people are anymore.
did you quote the wrong post?

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017

I think you completely misunderstood that post if you think it feels racist lmao

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's racist because I'm stating that plenty of minorities in the world play video games and we care about stuff like this? We care when we see rappers finally making their way past the rap genre? While addressing gaming side HERE, which has a habit of downplaying issues regarding marginalized groups? Uh. Okay.

Sep 10, 2020
Who are they being racist to? What are you trying to say?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
It's racist because I'm stating that plenty of minorities in the world play video games and we care about stuff like this? We care when we see rappers finally making their way past the rap genre? While addressing gaming side HERE, which has a habit of downplaying issues regarding marginalized groups? Uh. Okay.
Finally? Ice T has been on a show on NBC like for two decades. He went from Fuck the Police to cosplaying the police. I think MS used him in a similar fashion to push the Xbox One.

Vivi

Nov 10, 2017

oh my bad 🤦🏾I'm getting overwhelmed by all the posts I read on here. I just see a pattern on Era and got annoyed

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This thread hath awoken me. I'm in my full Enzio hoodie with slim jims as wristblades, a flask of gamer fuel at my breast, my Switch at my side as I stalk this GameStop for a ps5 preorder because this type of disgrace cannot stand. Travis will rue the day he lit this fire

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure folks are misinterpreting HiLife's post and twisting it to be something malicious. All they're saying is that Gaming Side has had an issue with black celebs for literal years. Whether it be Run the Jewels performing at the Game Awards or Travis Scott, there's a weird pride in being out of touch and belligerent, and its definitely been used to mask some not-so-subtle racism.

It's frankly poisonous and reinforces how this forum tends to be welcoming to a certain type of gamer and hostile to anyone else who doesn't fit the mold. Just chill with the rush to hot-takes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure folks are misinterpreting HiLife's post and twisting it to be something malicious. All they're saying is that Gaming Side has had an issue with black celebs for literal years. Whether it be Run the Jewels performing at the Game Awards or Travis Scott, there's a weird pride in being out of touch and belligerent, and its definitely been used to mask some not-so-subtle racism.

It's frankly poisonous and reinforces how this forum tends to be welcoming to a certain type of gamer and hostile to anyone else who doesn't fit the mold. Just chill with the rush to hot-takes.

Basically. Especially the subtle part. But hey, this pattern will repeat regardless.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
HrInNn9.jpg

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017

Which is ironic because gaming is heavily embraced by black culture. Gaming is large enough for all types of cultures to be embraced.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Out of touch? Have you seen how gaming side treats anything related to black people? Black culture is black culture. Point blank. Hip hop is black culture just like street fashion is heavily ingrained in urban culture. I know Americans love to think they own shit that minorities start, but don't try to put your stamp on it like "Oh rap is world famous now ITS ALL OURS TO CLAIM!". No. When minorities are puttin on it's kind of a big deal to see other people who look like us making a big splash outside of what they are known for. Sounds like you're out of touch if you can't understand what I'm getting at. But feel free to educate other poc about culture lol.

What a weird 180. Your first post attempts to minimize Travis and the impact of Hip-Hop on greater culture and when I call foul you attack a claim I never made. You and homeboy below clearly misunderstood the "Black Culture" is American culture bit. IDK how but you did.

You poorly articulated your stance in the initial post I quoted. Then made assumptions about WHO I AM. Wild.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
What a weird 180. Your first post attempts to minimize Travis and the impact of Hip-Hop on greater culture and when I call foul you attack a claim I never made. You and homeboy below clearly misunderstood the "Black Culture" is American culture bit. IDK how but you did.

He isn't minimizing, you're just downplaying it. SO sick of this clown ass sh*t.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not minimizing shit. I'm addressing gaming side HERE. Which doesn't have a habit of doing it according to what you're implying. Tf are you on?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020

You poorly articulated your stance in the initial post I quoted. Then made assumptions about WHO I AM. Wild.
I kinda feel like you two agree but are talking past one another.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
He isn't minimizing, you're just downplaying it. SO sick of this clown ass sh*t.

Downplaying what? My beef is with painting Travis, hip-hop, and streetwear as something only minorities rock with. That ain't true.

"They need to come to terms that a lot of minorities play and care about shit like this lol."

EVERYBODY jocking black culture. It ain't this niche thing that we only care about.

People giving Travis the "never heard of him," treatment are telling on themselves.

I kinda feel like you two agree but are talking past one another.

Certainly seems like it based on his first reply to me.