• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see this guy's mugshot, I just laugh. You couldn't come up with a greater caricature of a racist pos if you tried. It's pretty easy to imagine those words rolling right off those lips.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

tumblr_lnrqruwRL51qctxoxo1_500.gif

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still unsure if he will get a 1st or 2nd charge. Not sure if they should push that far because the videos clearly show a struggle before shots. So defense lawyers have very good grounds for self defense. Unsure what the stand you ground laws are there.

The big issues are
1. Prosecution seems to have enough evidence to prove he's a racist so they can push a hate crime angle to this.
2. He PUT himself in a position uneedingly to use force. Its difficult to prove he stopped Arbery to kill him.

There was a case a while back where an old white man suspected robbers were going to hit his house. Instead of calling the police, or locking doors, etc he purposely made it look like he wasn't home and made it easier for robbers to come in to the house. He then sat and waited and then shot them when they came in. The big controversy here is he purposely made it easier for the robbers to enter SO he could shoot them. I don't know if anyone remembers this case and the details and what ended up happening but I think its the same principle here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Still unsure if he will get a 1st or 2nd charge. Not sure if they should push that far because the videos clearly show a struggle before shots. So defense lawyers have very good grounds for self defense. Unsure what the stand you ground laws are there.

The big issues are
1. Prosecution seems to have enough evidence to prove he's a racist so they can push a hate crime angle to this.
2. He PUT himself in a position uneedingly to use force. Its difficult to prove he stopped Arbery to kill him.

There was a case a while back where an old white man suspected robbers were going to hit his house. Instead of calling the police, or locking doors, etc he purposely made it look like he wasn't home and made it easier for robbers to come in to the house. He then sat and waited and then shot them when they came in. The big controversy here is he purposely made it easier for the robbers to enter SO he could shoot them. I don't know if anyone remembers this case and the details and what ended up happening but I think its the same principle here.

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It was McMichael's own defense who proved through testimony that he's a violent racist, you can't make this shit up!!!!!
Sounds like the defense attorney threw him under the bus. Most PDs are leftists committed to racial justice and probably a bit disgusted to have to get this case even if they believe in the right of everyone to a defense

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
You buried the lead, he shot him with a police issued gun, dude been off the force for years

Can we threadmark this? Feels like we should threadmark this.

That station was completely ok with letting an ex-employee carry off with their equipment, and it wasn't a stapler. Fantastic...

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
McMichael intentionally leaking that video to "clear his name" might be one of the biggest Darwin awards ever.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Can we threadmark this? Feels like we should threadmark this.

That station was completely ok with letting an ex-employee carry off with their equipment, and it wasn't a stapler. Fantastic...
I miss read it, he was carrying the a police issue gun, the actually gun he was shot with was his own. Still why do a retired cop have lethal police equipment?

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
WTF, so the PD just let this cop take PD property with him when he retired??? So what else does this racist shithead have from the PD?
If I read a story that said "PD property" being taken when someone retired, I think "a gun" would be the thing I'd worry about. What other things are you thinking about?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No shit it was a hate crime. They literally boxed this man in with vehicles and took pot shots at him. Point blank.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
The lawyer going with the "He was too racist to have been able to commit a crime" defense. Bold move.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not clear on the guy getting hit by the truck, is the only info we have on that just the fact that the truck had damage?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The defense is so awful it's like they want him to go to jail. Literally admitting he acted on a hunch, which means he had zero right to perform a citizen's arrest.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
And of course, Georgia is one of the handful of states left that does NOT have a Hate Crime law.
Yes, but GA and 4 other states don't have hate crime laws...
Fuck all those states.
We used to have one and it was shot down years ago by the Georgia Supreme Court for being too vague.
Democrats have been trying to pass it again for years now but only hold up is that Republicans don't want it to include LGBT people.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
It must be terribly disappointing and a total shock to his fellow officers of the law. No way they would've kept someone like that on the force.

SteamyPunk

Oct 26, 2017

The big issues are

This is a felony murder case, correct? I think the defense should be in big trouble because all that needs to be proven is that a felony was committed.(vehicular assault, false imprisonment, etc) Under felony murder, even if the death happens to be caused by a complete accident all defendants are guilty.