• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Question regarding The Director :
Been awhile since I watched the first season, the director is an AI right? So they shut down or broke the Director when they reboot it in the first season? Why did they reboot it again?
IIRC they had to reboot the Director in case it was compromised by the Faction. Or to guard against it. Can't remember the details exactly but it was Faction related.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC they had to reboot the Director in case it was compromised by the Faction. Or to guard against it. Can't remember the details exactly but it was Faction related.

Thanks for the reply, guess I need to go back and rewatch the first season lol. Also forgot why they reset Marcy (i think thats her name, the blonde doctor chick).

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watching Season 2 now on Netflix. About half way through it atm and cant believe I waited this long to finally watching, especially after how much I enjoyed the first season. Started watching when it first premiered, but for some reason the first episode turned me off it at the time.

Apparently the 3rd season will be only on Netflix, instead of premiering in Canada first. Wonder if the show will get a larger budget at all, would really like to see a glimpse at the future.

Question regarding The Director :
Been awhile since I watched the first season, the director is an AI right? So they shut down or broke the Director when they reboot it in the first season? Why did they reboot it again?
I hope Canada gets it at the same time as everyone else. We're always getting screwed by timed exclusivity.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally getting around to watching season two. Just finished episode 8. I marked the fuck out when I saw O'Neill's fishing cabin.

Really glad it's Netflix exclusive now.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Holy shit, where has this show been all of my life? Era, get in on this now!

While the first 3 or so episodes are really slow, things pick up really quickly as soon as the setting sinks in. Season 2 ending is awesome.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, where has this show been all of my life? Era, get in on this now!

While the first 3 or so episodes are really slow, things pick up really quickly as soon as the setting sinks in. Season 2 ending is awesome.

It's a really fantastic show. If we can't have Dark Matter back at least this show can soldier on with great characters and plot.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Just read the news that S3 is coming December 14... I'm so happy when release dates creep up on me like that.

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 is a week away, anyone have any good S3 |OT| title suggestions?

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Where in Canada can I watch season 2? It's not on Netflix and I've been waiting forever...

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Less than 5 hours out to S3 dropping, I'm getting ready to spend my day off tomorrow binging the whole season.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the trailer! Holy crap, they are getting that Netflix money now lol.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if I should just do it over the weekend or take my time with it, fuck.

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3 seems a little on the nose with its biblical reference lol.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm part way through S3 E2...
God, the faux Fox News/Alex Jones subplot is annoying even as a parody. Hopefully he gets killed off soon because it's really taking away my enjoyment of this show.

Also after 2 seasons, they can't get rid of this constant crying baby fast enough. Like, every scene that the kid is in they ADR crying sounds even when the kid is visibly not upset. I don't understand what that adds to any of the scenes.

Edit* Well okay, I guess I should have waited another 6 mins before making my spoiler post.

Last edited:

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This show trying to employ every single Canadian actor

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
I enjoyed because of the characters. As for the science part - it definitely has a few issues that require you to turn your brain off and just accept 'this is how it works in this universe.'

If you can get past that, then it's not a bad watch.

That's not too hard to do. Most time travel series/movies have too many plot holes, so it's best to keep your brain off. Especially for series that decide to add time travel in out of nowhere(I'm looking at you LOST). Only movie I had to turn my brain on for was Primer.

I'm all for character driven series. I will definitely give it a shot. Just started Travelers though and it's quite intriguing so far.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not too hard to do. Most time travel series/movies have too many plot holes, so it's best to keep your brain off. Especially for series that decide to add time travel in out of nowhere(I'm looking at you LOST). Only movie I had to turn my brain on for was Primer.

I'm all for character driven series. I will definitely give it a shot. Just started Travelers though and it's quite intriguing so far.

The jargon is the best part.

Welcome to the 21st, Traveler 2871.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The ending was nice "Hurrah!" and I especially liked how it was done but I actually didn't like the concept.

I saw the ending coming like one episode away. I'm disappointed because by making the timeline we've been following worthless it devalues it. Hear me for a second, the director is always intervening in multiple timeless and factoring in countless of them at any given time, which means except for one timeline every other timeline fails and is failing repeatedly. But that one timeline where it succeeds will always be there. And as viewers we expect that the timeline we've been following all this while to be that timeline and that the actions in that timeline has permanent consequences for the show. Otherwise there's just no point because regardless of how many times a timeline is discarded there's always going to be a timeline that succeeds anyway.

Sure they can now say that the timeline after the change is THE timeline, but it's not the original one and as such it's not special. The only survivor of the original timeline now is Mclaren. It takes away from the uniqueness of the timeline if we just jump to the successful one where everything is fine and dandy without consequences. Cause in the future if the showrunners want to they can just as easily discard this one.

But IF this is the series finale then disregard everything in the spoiler tags as that's a great ending in every way and I have no complaints with it. It's only if there's a season 4 then I'll have issues with it.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
The ending was nice "Hurrah!" and I especially liked how it was done but I actually didn't like the concept.

I saw the ending coming like one episode away. I'm disappointed because by making the timeline we've been following worthless it devalues it. Hear me for a second, the director is always intervening in multiple timeless and factoring in countless of them at any given time, which means except for one timeline every other timeline fails and is failing repeatedly. But that one timeline where it succeeds will always be there. And as viewers we expect that the timeline we've been following all this while to be that timeline and that the actions in that timeline has permanent consequences for the show. Otherwise there's just no point because regardless of how many times a timeline is discarded there's always going to be a timeline that succeeds anyway.

Sure they can now say that the timeline after the change is THE timeline, but it's not the original one and as such it's not special. The only survivor of the original timeline now is Mclaren. It takes away from the uniqueness of the timeline if we just jump to the successful one where everything is fine and dandy without consequences. Cause in the future if the showrunners want to they can just as easily discard this one.

But IF this is the series finale then disregard everything in the spoiler tags as that's a great ending in every way and I have no complaints with it. It's only if there's a season 4 then I'll have issues with it.
I'm excited to see where they go with it.

The new timeline wouldn't exist without the old timeline having happened. I think sacrificing all the relationships and struggles your team has put into action is a pretty major consequence, just like when Marcy got reset or when Trevor was willing to be overwritten. It's part and parcel with the job. And if you think the showrunners are going to keep timeline hopping then that just seems like a low faith argument.