• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If you could travel back in time, would you prevent the MCU from ever happening?

• Yes

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 99 83.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AranPrime

Banned
Sep 25, 2021
So you travel back in time and somehow find a way to either make Iron Man a failure or prevent it from being made.

Well, would you?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like this thing so I wish it never existed lol

Personally I'd go back in time and make sure all Nintendo characters were added in Fortnite first.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
Hollywood would find something else to milk and ppl to be mad and supposedly fatigued about.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Only if it was a side effect of making Speed Racer a box office sucess since they were on theaters around the same time

but the MCU would still exist if Iron Man was just a moderate sucess

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
OP are you ok? lool

www.resetera.com

Thank God Nintendo didn't put anyone in Fortnite

So a couple of months ago, I was on board with Samus joining Fortnite if only to increase awareness for the franchise. But after seeing Naruto going around shooting guns, all I can think is "thank fucking God Nintendo didn't put any of their characters in this game". Like, do you really wanna...

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
i would strangle baby kevin feige

rhodey-doncheadle.gif

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
- find a way to get rich

- prevent a franchise getting made out of butthurt fanboy spite

Gee, that's a tough one...

OP
OP
AranPrime

AranPrime

Banned
Sep 25, 2021
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling; History of Trolling; Account in Junior Phase

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, I can fix everything that went wrong.

Not by killing the MCU, though. That's just for funsies.

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
Man, this is a terrible thread. If you don't like the MCU, stop letting it consume your every waking moment. Please move on.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
spider man 3 released almost exactly a year prior to iron man, in case yall need some perspective on where we were when the MCU was getting going

before the MCU I literally had a rule to never see comic book movies in theaters because them shits were so consistently trash. it took until the first avengers for me to finally give the MCU the benefit of the doubt, that's how bad them shits were in the before times

blade the goat

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Seriously.

If anything I wish I could go back in time and kick Perlmutter out so we could get stuff like Captain Marvel and Black Panther sooner.

No, but maybe I'd find a way to get Ike Perlmutter removed sooner.

This. The MCU would be 1000000x better if Feige was in charge from the start

I'd also find some way to make sure that The Fantastic Four and Ant-Man & The Wasp were part of the MCU's foundation from the beginning, so they didn't have to make everything tied to frickin' Iron Man

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
No, but I would have given a big break after endgame and started with a mainline hero and a new big event to kick off the next stuff

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
The fact that it taught studios that audiences are not dumb and can have movies linked to each other over years to form a grand tapestry is not a curse. It may have been overused now but it doesn't make it a bad thing.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Overall I like the MCU. And I like what it's done for super hero movies. So no. Not even a little bit.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
i'd go back in time with all of the notes and take feige's job

i will become the head of the MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.