• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Is this the lady who was on Giant Bomb during E3?

I think you're thinking of Janina Gavankar, who I specifically remember for being exceptionally overdressed.

EDIT: I don't think it's been said enough, so to reiterate you're probably thinking ofJanina Gavankar.

EDIT 2: Janina Gavankar.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
She seems to be terrible person and a real moron in real life but also not a very good actor and giving her a spinoff show will just highlight just how bad she is at acting.

A space western starring Timothy Olyphant (and his amazing hair) as Cobb Vanth on the other hand HELL YEAH.

Cobb-Vanth-2-682d7c1.jpg

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
She seems to be terrible person and a real moron in real life but also not a very good actor and giving her a spinoff show will just highlight just how bad she is at acting.

A space western starring Timothy Olyphant (and his amazing hair) as Cobb Vanth on the other hand HELL YEAH.

Cobb-Vanth-2-682d7c1.jpg
This man has aged INCREDIBLY well!! He looks like a completely different and distinguished person from his days on Deadwood and Justified. WONDERFUL!!

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bah, I was so stoked when we worked on her model for SWGOH, she was my favorite part of the show.

Fucking blows.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Thought she was the worst actor on the show before I knew what sort of horrible person she was. Sucks to see she will show up in season 2.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
This man has aged INCREDIBLY well!! He looks like a completely different and distinguished person from his days on Deadwood and Justified. WONDERFUL!!

A guy I work with ran into him in New Orleans a few years ago and they ended up hanging out all night, but he just couldn't place him and it was driving him nuts. The whole night he was like, "Dude, I know you...but I just can't remember from where." and Olyphant just kept needling him all night, he found it hilarious. Finally someone stopped him on the street and mentioned Justified and he just looked at my co-worker and winked right as he realized who he was. Said he was cool as hell.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A guy I work with ran into him in New Orleans a few years ago and they ended up hanging out all night, but he just couldn't place him and it was driving him nuts. The whole night he was like, "Dude, I know you...but I just can't remember from where." and Olyphant just kept needling him all night, he found it hilarious. Finally someone stopped him on the street and mentioned Justified and he just looked at my co-worker and winked right as he realized who he was. Said he was cool as hell.
That's awesome.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
You can't fire someone for voting for a twat but tweeting anything that promotes not wearing a mask or downplaying a pandemic that's killed so many should be an instant career ender. Her character in this show was nothing anyway, if she never showed up again no one would give a shit.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
How are you going to almost give her a spinoff when you have Carl Weathers right there?

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
There's so many cool characters on the show that hers doesn't really stand out. Her being a horrible person makes it even worse. I'm just waiting for Gustavo Fring to get more screen time.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I only know Olyphant was in a Hitman film but he's definitely good from what I see on this show.

I think Carano's character had some natural charisma but she definitely is not essential and her character is a dud anyway even without the actress being a shitter.

I have to echo an earlier comment that I'd take Frog Lady being a more prominent cast member over her.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I still play SWGOH daily. Its the only mobile game that I play consistently on a long term. Good work on the game, and please, get me more mandalorians so I can have a all Mando squad lol

The Mandalorian tag is a bit overdue for sure but seeing how even Lucas cant seem to make up their mind about what it means I dont think SWGOH will add it anytime soon.

Ive been out of the loop since May though so who knows

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most side characters from the show are inconsecuential besides space Nick Nolte and the mechanic lady, some are elevated by the charisma of the actor playing them like space Raylan Givens and Space Gus Fring, so space Gina carano is just boring and basically a stuntperson.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.