• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flagless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kansas
User Banned (permanent): linking to a hate site
Link

A transgender woman threatened to fight a GameStop employee in Albuquerque, New Mexico, after he apparently referred to the biological male as "sir."
Another customer at the store taped the incident and a man named Tom Smith posted it to his Facebook. The intense video quickly went viral.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
"After he referred to the biological male as "sir"" Ah yes, clearly no slanting going on here.

yeah that's a fucking bullshit way to present the situation and depict those involved

pretty fucking gross of the OP to use this source which portrays the incident in this manner

Good on the woman too. I'd fight people who intentionally misgender my trans friends.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This only adds fuel to the alt-rights agenda when people blow up like this over an honest mistake. Either something else happened that set her off, or she has anger issues of sort.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Jeez the wording of that article is a damn minefield. Take a shot for every time it refers to her as "trans person" or "he" instead of woman or she/her.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Dailywire

QwZD0n7.gif

Jul 3, 2018
I saw this vid yesterday along with the cashier yelling at the MAGA shirt guy.

Both are really bad, people need to act more rationally in public.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This only adds fuel to the alt-rights agenda when people blow up like this over an honest mistake. Either something else happened that set her off, or she has anger issues of sort.
Being misgendered is a constant, unending indignity that many trans individuals are forced to face daily.

At some point it probably becomes too much, I don't agree with launching into a tirade, but it's not something that anybody should be using in anything other than 'some bad shit must have been happening to this poor woman to make her snap like that'.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Just from the title I knew it was gonna be something fishy about this topic.

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
Customer was over reacting based on the video. This seems like a one off that should be dismissed.

OP
OP
Flagless

Flagless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kansas
Just picked a random website showcasing news after watching the video on Facebook. No need to go full on judgemental as a Puertorican who doesnt even vote.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
yeah that's a fucking bullshit way to present the situation and depict those involved

pretty fucking gross of the OP to use this source which portrays the incident in this manner

Good on the woman too. I'd fight people who intentionally misgender my trans friends.

pretty sure it was unintentional and wasn't done on purpose

rucury

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
So what, OP? no hot take?
Ben Shapiro DESTROYS leftist forum using logic and a single post?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$50 this is a lead topic on Joe Rogan where he, mysteriously, is against the public display of speech and anger despite being for it when its, oh, the Proud Boys.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we aren't going with a Daily Wire article as the base for a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.