• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Takara is focusing on 1 things for the train bots. Realistic trains and cartoon accurate robot modes. If you want Raiden. Go with Moon Studios. Takara will be my bots and Moon Studios my Raiden

Sam (a 3D Designer and now with Ties to MMC) made a good thread about this (and a good discussion with Bobby Skullface on his Patreon).

I'm not against this philosophy. In fact I've more or less adopted it for Fanstoys' combiner teams. Their Stunticons and Aerialbots are so great individually that honestly I don't care all that much how the combine modes turn out. But even with that in mind, Takara's trainbots are too small to scale individually, too. They look great, I just have nowhere for 'em to go.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Takara is focusing on 1 things for the train bots. Realistic trains and cartoon accurate robot modes. If you want Raiden. Go with Moon Studios. Takara will be my bots and Moon Studios my Raiden

Sam (a 3D Designer and now with Ties to MMC) made a good thread about this (and a good discussion with Bobby Skullface on his Patreon).

Oh wow, I didn't know their robot modes were that small. It would require some insane mass shifting and parts forming if they wanted the combined mode to scale.

I guess it remains to be seen whether Tamara feels that in-scale MP-sized combiners would work. I still standby my belief that large MP scale combiners are no fun to mess with.

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I have an account with them and it says I ordered two of the Machine Robo figures from them last year. I don't remember that but I do have those two Machine Robo figures so they must have come through.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty rad. Not sure if you could pull off something similar with the original or not:

DNA-006.jpg

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Wow so it comes with a Gorira Jr? Awesome! Those little bastards are like $100+ to get on their own...

What site are these pics from???? Don't see them up on showzstore.

I found them on the TFW2005 forums. They are very good with news.

www.tfw2005.com

OSKO PE Beast Gorila

I had to do it. This is what happens when I have free time. I switched the wings around. Let me know what you guys think. Should the oversized version...

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So bunch of new images of MPM Blackout up on Seibertron

Gotta admit, I'm not impressed. Looks like a slightly scaled up version of the SS-leader figure. And he's STILL nowhere near as big as he should be, as the comparison images with MPM Optimus and Megs show.

1655337186-7.jpg

1655337186-8.jpg

Easy pass for me, which sucks since every single other MPM figure has been amazing.*

*I'm charitable and don't consider the first and second toys in the series which one just redecos of existing figures to be the "true" start of the line.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

Gotta admit, I'm not impressed. Looks like a slightly scaled up version of the SS-leader figure. And he's STILL nowhere near as big as he should be, as the comparison images with MPM Optimus and Megs show.

1655337186-7.jpg

1655337186-8.jpg

Easy pass for me, which sucks since every single other MPM figure has been amazing.*

*I'm charitable and don't consider the first and second toys in the series which one just redecos of existing figures to be the "true" start of the line.

Oh, those pics are from PrimeVsPrime's review of the figure. You can find the review on his channel. I forgot to post it the other day.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

1655337186-7.jpg

1655337186-8.jpg

Scale is 100% accurate and he's not remotely an upscale of the SS figure. Very, very different, certainly as different as two large versions of the same character could be. Just the underside of the vehicle mode makes that obvious.

RMMInf4.jpg

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have an account with them and it says I ordered two of the Machine Robo figures from them last year. I don't remember that but I do have those two Machine Robo figures so they must have come through.

Yup, definitely reliable. I've never bought from them, but definitely heard of them in TFW2005 forum.

So just a quick update: Last night I bought three 3rd-Party figures from RoboToyBase. Then this morning I ran an antivirus scanner on my computer like I always do and it says that it blocked an attempt from a site to install a credit card phishing extension onto Chrome that came from RoboToyBase. Needless to say, I was scared shitless, but luckily I had paid through PayPal and then managed to cancel the transaction and give me a refund which was confirmed just now. I just didn't want to take the risk that I was being scammed and that my figures would never arrive.

I would strongly suggest NOT ordering from RoboToyBase, and if you have, check to see if you have any malware. Think I'll just stick to EBay for hard to find 3rd party figures.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
So just a quick update: Last night I bought three 3rd-Party figures from RoboToyBase. Then this morning I ran an antivirus scanner on my computer like I always do and it says that it blocked an attempt from a site to install a credit card phishing extension onto Chrome that came from RoboToyBase. Needless to say, I was scared shitless, but luckily I had paid through PayPal and then managed to cancel the transaction and give me a refund which was confirmed just now. I just didn't want to take the risk that I was being scammed and that my figures would never arrive.

I would strongly suggest NOT ordering from RoboToyBase, and if you have, check to see if you have any malware. Think I'll just stick to EBay for hard to find 3rd party figures.

Holy shit, WTF? That's horrible.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon shipped my Core Spike, though it doesn't look like they are taking any more orders for them right now.

E: Minerva looking good - I hope this means more JP G1 in mainline in the near future, though it might not be a wide release:

Transfor-mers-Legacy-Minerva-04.jpg

I've watched now all of Season 1 and ~20 episodes or so of Season 2 of G1. I was following the "chronological" order listed on wikipedia and it made Season 1 a lot more comprehensible but the same order for Season 2 so far isn't working quite as well. Lots of characters still just appear with no introduction or fanfare. At this point I'll just continue pushing on but might put more thought into it when I'm done, it's just a lot harder to do for a ~50 ep season than a 16 ep season.

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'm in the UK and just got an email notification from InDemand that my Motormaster pre-order just shipped.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I saw this. To me, it sounds more like the song got cut up and they weren't able to hide the awkward cuts completely.

That might be part of the first weird jump but a lot of it is there intentionally for some reason. I've watched this guy for a while, he knows the difference between composition and a bad splice.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random vid I just saw.

www.youtube.com

The First Transformers Theme Was WILDLY Confusing

Get my FREE piano mini-course here! https://cornell.academy/instant-piano-guide Start your piano journey now: get 30% off our beginner-friendly "Intro to Pia...

Too music-theory, didn't watch:

The first G1 Transformers cartoon's intro (and ending) music has weird timing, and it occasionally stutters or skips over itself. Possibly because the 1980's audio editors repeatedly cut and pasted the song to fit certain time requirements with zero regard to how they were butchering the song, or possibly because the composer was a crazy genius who was trying to make the tune sound alien and inorganic by breaking up the normal flow of music.

Oct 25, 2017
Some leaked listings for the next wave. Super curious about how Tarn comes out

Legacy Year 2
• Voyager Leo Prime
• Voyager Tarn
• Leader Prime Skyquake
• Leader Armada Megatron
• Core Sludge
• Deluxe Needlenose
• Deluxe Hot Shot
• Deluxe Junkion 1
• Core Soundblaster
• Core Slug

Velocitron Wave 2
• Deluxe Shadow Striker
• Deluxe Crasher
• Voyager Hot Rod
• LDR 2

Collaborative
• Project TG2 (Possibly the Maverick reissue)

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was out of town for a bit, but I think it seems like I have to go to Walmart again to find a Cosmos? And it is 1 per case? WTH. Shit was not fun for Netflix figures. Target at least happens whether I'm looking for Transformers or not.

Next year's Legacy leaks don't sound too appealing to me, which I guess is a good thing since there will probably be more MPs I'm interested in killing the wallet between now and then.

I guess Tarn is interesting but he is just the guy with the logo for a head to me.

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I know chances are that I was wrong about the reasoning for why Raiden is small in the official MP. That said, this video also shows what I was talking about before. MP combiners just aren't fun to handle. They're heavy as hell and require super tight ratchets to keep poses, and too heavy to be fun to pose.

Just check out this video, or any other reviewer trying to show off the articulation of this monster. It looks very impressive, but not fun to mess with.

I was clenching my cheeks when I was watching Bobby Skullface and Emgo trying to show off the articulation.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Mine came in yesterday as well, I'm very impressed thus far. Transformation is a bit hairy here and there, but overall 👍
Definitely more of the technical transformations but not quite as bad as Prime 3.0 or Megatron 2.0. Probably about the same as the recent Starscream.

Really amazing how it changes from a pretty solid block to robot. I'll need to keep the instructions handy for a while I think.

The ankles are pretty tight, and the whole swinging around the nosecone/backpack was a bit close clearance wise (lots of paint to scratch) but otherwise fairly straightforward.

Last edited:

DarkOxygen

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely more of the technical transformations but not quite as bad as Prime 3.0 or Megatron 2.0. Probably about the same as the recent Starscream.

Really amazing how it changes from a pretty solid block to robot. I'll need to keep the instructions handy for a while I think.

The ankles are pretty tight, and the whole swinging around the nosecone/backpack was a bit close clearance wise (lots of paint to scratch) but otherwise fairly straightforward.
Yeah I was following along with the official Takara-Tomy transformation video, it shows a few things that were not obvious in the print instructions: