• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just announced at Hasbro Toy Fair 2020.
news.tfw2005.com

TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Toy Fair 2020 Investor Preview Event

Hello and welcome to New York Toy Fair 2020! TFW2005 Network Staff is here to bring you the best coverage around. We are kicking things off with Hasbro Toy Fair 2020 Investor Preview Event. Yes, the one before the actual preview event. What an exciting year this is going to be for the...

I'm a bit confused as to which game is called Doom of Cybertron, the Switch game or the VR game.

Either way... Looks like mobile crap.

TFW2005-Hasbro-Toy-Fair-2020-143.jpg

Why can't we get a AAA Transformers game?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That looks like the mobile game they ahve out now

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
"I asked the nice clerk at the store for that Doom game that everyone wants for christmas!"

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Damn! I clicked on this thread so fast with crossed fingers that it's related to the high moon games but then ..... :<

That being said, that Netflix show !!!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
War for cybertron getting an animated series for netflix is curious
Unless they just wantrd to use a fancy title xp

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Transformers games are nearly always delisted so If you want it make sure to watch out for that
Yup.

Well, more specifically, Activision's licensed games always go away without ANY fucking heads up. This happened to their Marvel titles, Ghostbusters, all that.
It's just been so long since anyone else had the TF license. Even the Platinum Games one was published by Activision.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, was hoping we'd get a another entry in the High Moon series. I'd even take a remaster or Switch port. Those were fantastic games.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is exciting and all, but using the naming scheme from War For Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron just reminds me how much I adored those games and this is very likely not gonna be that from the screens and/or VR focus.

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me I still need to play through War for Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, and Devastation. I should have gotten to them long ago.

Oct 26, 2017
I wish some publishers could just acquire Activision's licensed catalogue and port them to Switch, like War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I only got War and Fall. Am I missing something with Devastation? Did it even came out on Steam?
Devastation was a great action game, and it was a treat for Transformers fans. Just look at the Wikipedia description:

The game is part of the Transformers: Generations line, though its visual design is most strongly inspired by the original Transformers TV series with elements from both the IDW comic series and the Combiner Wars Toyline. The game's story is written by former Transformers comic writer and editor Andy Schmidt. Several of the surviving voice actors from the original show reprised their roles, including Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bumblebee), Michael Bell (Sideswipe and Scrapper), Gregg Berger (Grimlock and Long Haul), and Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave).[4][5] Original music was composed by Vince DiCola (the composer of The Transformers: The Movie and Angry Birds Transformers) and Kenny Meriedeth.

A downloadable content bundle containing character skins based on Nemesis Prime, Red Alert, and Goldfire, along with three additional weapons, was offered as a pre-order incentive. This bundle was later made available for separate purchase.[6]

Sadly, the game was delisted from all digital stores, but I was lucky enough to get it on PlayStation Plus.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And here I was, expecting a portable sequel to WotF and FoC developed by High Moon Studios.

How foolish of me.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
There's still the AAA Transformers shooter in the works at Certain Affinity that they've mentioned once or twice.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Outright Games is pretty much a shovelware publisher, so i'd keep your expectations very low

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Activision, since you're interested in making remasters & collections, we want Fall/War of Cybetron and Devastation package. All three are unable to be purchased currently so we really need them to come back.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
War for Cybertron is getting a netflix adaptation? Fucking finally, the generation lines desperately needed one.

The Generations line already had an adaptation (the Machinima series), and this is simply more of that (same director, same animation studio, just under Rooster Teeth since Machinima folded). Really the only news is that it's streaming on Netflix this time.

I only got War and Fall. Am I missing something with Devastation? Did it even came out on Steam?

Devastation is an amazing game with a somewhat budget scope (especially in terms of locations) but an insane amount of hidden depth. What you get out of it will be proportional to how much you like Platinum games and / or character action games. And yes, it came out on Steam, although I think it's delisted now.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I will say that this makes me nostalgic for the days of endless Transformers shovelware. So there's charm in it for me.

Anyway, this was just a slide from a Toy Fair preview for investors. Will probably get a better look at it today as Hasbro has a livestream for their full event. Will probably get a War for Cybertron Netflix trailer, too.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The title had me thinking it was some sort of Fall Of/War For Cybertron remaster on switch for a moment.