• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Hey, Jagex's Transformers F2P multiplayer shooter was in open beta for a whole six months before shutting down forever.

I'm still surprised that nobody on that project thought "hey, instead of spending two years doing character concepts maybe we should build the actual game before we run out of money and Hasbro kill the continuity it's set in?"

They did not.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
An Xcom is a great fit for the series, so I'm down to play this for all six months it'll be available before it shuts down.

Still don't love the "evergreen" aesthetic though. Would have preferred they try to match the look of the current War for Cybertron Trilogy figures

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Transformers could be a great fit for a strategy game, willing to give it a chance.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm shocked Activision never tried to get Transformers in on the toys-to-life craze when Skylanders was doing gangbusters, since they had the Transformers license at the time. I'd have folded so hard for so many of those damn things.

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Devastation 2 with better level design would sell gangbusters IMHO. The art and sound design in that game was amazing.

Yes it would, even if it was still based on the original G1 Transformers, because Devastation had so much potential with better level design, many more Autobots and Decelopticons (I would be willing to pay money for DLC missions and more Bots/Cons if both are good. Need more of G1 combiners, Omega, Metroplex and Trypticon and so much more.

All Transformers Devastation needs is better level design and more content, more game assets.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Yes it would, even if it was still based on the original G1 Transformers, because Devastation had so much potential with better level design, many more Autobots and Decelopticons (I would be willing to pay money for DLC missions and more Bots/Cons if both are good. Need more of G1 combiners, Omega, Metroplex and Trypticon and so much more.

All Transformers Devastation needs is better level design and more content, more game assets.

I've said this for a while but hear me out. I would make a 50 vs 50 big team battle game based entirely on the original transformers movie. Autobots defending and Decepticons attacking Autobot city.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I've said this for a while but hear me out. I would make a 50 vs 50 big team battle game based entirely on the original transformers movie. Autobots defending and Decepticons attacking Autobot city.

Absolutely. That would be awesome. Even more so with crossplay between all the consoles it would be made for and PC. And cross-gen cross play as well.

The target audience would very very large, the most possible since it wouldn't require a PS5 or even an Xbox Series S, The amount of people would be able to play your vision for a game.

I almost forgot that Devastation was cross-gen itself, with Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

h0mebas3

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shame these fellas won't be in, very likely @_@
MTMTE45_clean.jpg

Cool. Who are these guys?

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
www.resetera.com

Activision to terminate Cybertron Transformers source code?

Don't think this has been posted in resetera but the last days I've noticed the following change.org petition in several transformers group on social media. Save Transformers Fall of Cybertron! I really hope this isn't true, didn't find anything in major media sites. Those games were really...

This isn't fair, War and Fall of Cybertron are the best Transformers games to date--and they are going to be lost to time.

h0mebas3

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decepticons whose efforts combined make G1 Starscream look competent
The Scavengers are a group of Decepitcons that spelunk across the galaxy scavenging for energon and anything that'll let them continue their spelunking across the galaxy.

Thanks!

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I found a gameplay video on YouTube of the game. It looks like the aesthetics are based off of Cyberverse, and the game is aimed at younger players (a lighter story).

I'll still be curious to see/hear how it shapes up, because Xcom meets Transformers sounds cool. I know that Mario and Rabbids meets Xcom was fucking fantastic!