• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also man what I wouldn't give to have an Animated based game that actually finished the story properly. It's still one of my favorite takes on TF and it deserves better.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
For a second I thought it was a Battle Royale game. If they did an Apex style game where each character had unique powers, I'd play the HELL out of that.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Shame these fellas won't be in, very likely @_@
MTMTE45_clean.jpg

I would commit crimes for a game focusing the Lost Light crew (w/ Scavengers guest appearance).

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Looks like C-grade pap. Always hopeful though!

Goro Majima

Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't look good at all. If you want Transformers, play the one from Platinum, it's a very good game.

Oct 26, 2017
If this is like Atlas Reactor, I'd be interested in giving this a shot, as Atlas Reactor is a very fun...uh, "team based strategy versus game", for lack of a better term.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
That definitely doesn't look like a cybertron sequel, but if it's based on that turn-based tactics game I used to play on my phone, then this could still be quite good.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
I still dont understand how such franchise has hard time with games, understand thats more licensing issue but I mean we have robots that can transform into anything and were shown how transformation can be intertwine with their combat at long and close range.

Platinum had ideas but still I think there is a lot of things this franchise can offer in terms of gameplay beyond "transform to only ride long range/transform to only fight in closed range"

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I still dont understand how such franchise has hard time with games, understand thats more licensing issue but I mean we have robots that can transform into anything and were shown how transformation can be intertwine with their combat at long and close range.

Platinum had ideas but still thing there is a lot of things this franchise can offer in terms of gameplay beyond "transform to only ride long range/transform to only fight in closed range"

I mean, I feel like Transformers has had an okay go of it on the games side of things. Sure, there's shovelware, but we've also gotten War for/Fall of Cybertron, Devastation, the pretty good PS2 game, and the RotF and DotM games were pretty decent. Hell, even the Transformers Prime 3DS game was fine.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London

Platinum had ideas but still I think there is a lot of things this franchise can offer in terms of gameplay beyond "transform to only ride long range/transform to only fight in closed range"

Part of the problem is that demographically a G1 game is the only thing that will sell significantly outside of a movie tie in, but Hasbro's marketing department is usually obsessed with whatever new continuity they're pushing that week and that's what they want to license.

The continuity of the War For Cybertron games is a hilarious mess because they're obviously supposed to be G1 based and were created as G1 based, but marketing shenanigans means it's officially a prequel to the Transformers Prime TV series despite that not really making any sense or fitting in the slightest.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Are the clicking sounds what the new Transformers sound like or is it that just this game?

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
More screenshots confirming Shockwave, Nova Storm, and Windblade.

1Enp2HV.jpg

nsu5FZn.jpg

G8xHPOK.jpg

qHmXJmb.jpg

BryXk02.jpg

Last edited:

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
From the title I was hoping this would be the Transformers game Certain Affinity has been working on forever.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I really wish we'd get a Lost Light game, structured like Mass Effect.

Let me create my own 'bot, then hang out on the Lost Light (social events in Swerve's bar, the oil reservoir, etc) or run missions on the planets with Ultra Magnus, Whirl, Cyclonus, and Skids in my party or whatever.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hear cyberverse is really great and a game made with it's/evergreen design probably makes a lot more sense financially than anything I would ever want.

Hoping the netflix series does well as the offshoots of that would be a bit more down my alley.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Keeping my expectations pretty low given what I see, which admittedly is not much at all, but I'm really down for a TF tactical game.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
They've been working on it with Leyou since 2017 at least but there's really not much info out there. It's supposedly a F2P multiplayer shooter.

Here's the most info I could find about it. I don't know how much of it is speculation so take it with a grain of salt.

"Transformers F2P multiplayer shooter" and "never seeing the light of day" are synonymous terms.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
The graphics made me recheck to see if it was a mobile game, also a huge pet peeve of mine is the sizes being off. Optimus is smaller than the van in the background? The gameplay better be top notch.