• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Well I never used cloud saves before so recently I decided I wanted stuff poured it over to the series X so I'm turning it on for the first time in. I don't know how many years.

First impression so far is there were corroded batteries and the holder. The triggers are squeaky and in general the controller feels weird after progressing through the one and now series designs.

And apparently after all these years I had metal gear rising revengeance left in the tray.

Next step will be figuring out which games are backwards compatible, transferring their saves and deleting stuff.

But of course the first step is going to be downloading all the console updates and then managing the download list of having games for Gold for I don't know how many years stacked up in the queue.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Tbf, they added cloud saves to 360 kinda late. A lot of my game saves on 360 weren't in the cloud. The later games were, but I've a ton of saves that only exist on an old 60GB 360 HDD.

I can imagine having not used them at all if you'd bounced to PC or something before the end of the gen.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Tbf, they added cloud saves to 360 kinda late. A lot of my game saves on 360 weren't in the cloud. The later games were, but I've a ton of saves that only exist on an old 60GB 360 HDD.

I can imagine having not used them at all if you'd bounced to PC or something before the end of the gen.

Yeah, it was a real mixed picture with my old 360 games, I had one or two (newer) ones that still recovered a save file, but clearly, the vast majority of my old saves were lost to time.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
From what I understand, if you upload your 360 saves to the cloud, the saves will sync up when you play the game on the SX. I've been meaning to do this for all my 360 games that are backwards compatible.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
But of course the first step is going to be downloading all the console updates and then managing the download list of having games for Gold for I don't know how many years stacked up in the queue.
Oh god. I had to do this a little bit ago. It was god awful.

Had to fish out the grody ass controller. No wi-fi on it so had put together some janky extensions to fit things in, at one point the console was balancing precariously on a stool because I had nothing else at hand.

I bloody forgot about the 2 factor authentication to log in which, spoilers, the 360 doesn't comprehend. Had to go through a pain in the arse thing on the MS site.

Then the damn updates.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Got it.. Here comes the notifications.. And the active downloads. It's chugging..

What is Xbox One Compatibility Gift. Oh some Fable avatar item.

Surprised only 28 in the queue.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It sucked because the ui was so slow but it was painless enough. Just transfer the saves to the cloud and it's there. Sucks you need gold for 360 cloud save management on that console though.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
It sucked because the ui was so slow but it was painless enough. Just transfer the saves to the cloud and it's there. Sucks you need gold for 360 cloud save management on that console though.
They actually got rid of the gold cloud save requirement for the 360 before the Series X launched, so you don't need it anymore thankfully

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
At least you got the save files. Mine were backed up on a USB drive that died.

Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 completed saves with replays
Dragon Age Origins
Crackdown 497 agility orbs

Sigh

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Uno leaderboards still work.

The old avatar items before the redesign were all handled through the 360 store.

It's not a huge pain to do luckily, just go to storage and copy each save to the cloud and never worry about it again.

But Andromeda want in 360. So why?

Last player met online 1700 days ago. Nice

Still have final fantasy 13 chocobo avatar item.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should move it copy, so just copying.
Some saves are weird.

Aegis Wing can't be moved or copied
Dark Souls can only be moved (makes sense)
Castle Crashers missing saves, that's sad
Fable 2 move only
Fable 3 move only
Gears 3 campaign and player data is move only
Gears 3 beta player data move only
Gears Judgment campaign and player data move only
Mass Effect 2 move only
Mass Effect 2 importer allowed copy
Mass Effect 3 move only
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 custom head from vision camera allowed copy
Splinter Cell Conviction nothing can copy or move
Street Fighter IV save and extended save are move only
Super Street Fighter IV copied fine
Too Human could only be moved
And some saves were fast, while others slow despite files being tiny.

Last edited:

senj

Nov 6, 2017
From what I understand, if you upload your 360 saves to the cloud, the saves will sync up when you play the game on the SX. I've been meaning to do this for all my 360 games that are backwards compatible.
Yes. I booted up some random 360 game (Lost Odyssey, I think?) I hadn't touched in a decade on my Series X and was surprised when it immediately pulled down my save file from 200whatever.

Super cool to have happen so seamlessly but if OP never got those saves into the cloud to begin with that's obviously more of a fuss.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I went through this process last week, specifically for my USFIV save data.

It took like an hour to fully update the console and each save file I uploaded to the cloud felt like it took a small eternity to upload once I opted to copy it to the Cloud.

The worst were games that stored their save states individually… so for FFXIII and Skyrim I had to wade through something like 12 files to pick which to upload rather than being able to select all.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
The worst were games that stored their save states individually… so for FFXIII and Skyrim I had to wade through something like 12 files to pick which to upload rather than being able to select all.

It's not foolproof especially if you have multiple gamertags but before opening the game title you can press y and then it will allow you to move or copy everything. It might come back and say it skips some items though