• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
What are Gender GP going to prescribe you?

Do you know the dose, the method of application for the oestrogen?
Are they just giving you an oestrogen to go with finasteride? I hope not.

I have... concerns with Gender GP that I feel obliged to share with you can navigate around them, but it has been approaching two years since I dealt with them so I may be wrong.

I promsie that I have seen dozens of trans women regrowth pictures through HRT that improved the crown, and even cis men inadvisably taking diet HRT to achieve the same results. I have seen crowns regrow with minoxodil + microneedling alone in exceptional cases.

Crowns can be regrown.

Yeah, I know that GGP are flawed, but at the moment they are essentially the only legal avenue available to me, and I've asked them to prescribe me an AA alongside the E from the start, but know that usually they like to do a 3 month initial period of just E to see if it helps (I assume it will probably not) and then move on after that. So.. whatever.

Emmaginary

Self-requested ban
Aug 13, 2019
Yeah, I know that GGP are flawed, but at the moment they are essentially the only legal avenue available to me, and I've asked them to prescribe me an AA alongside the E from the start, but know that usually they like to do a 3 month initial period of just E to see if it helps (I assume it will probably not) and then move on after that. So.. whatever.

Ah, you know all about it.

Good. I did not when I first started, so I spent way more than 3 months paying them, asking why things were not improving and being fobbed off with crap about how finasteride "is" an anti-androgen.

So long as their weak-ass regimen is only temporary then that´s acceptable.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Not necessarily. It might. I didn't start off with an AA yet I had regrowth.

(That being said, an anti-androgen is usually needed.)

Yort

Oct 28, 2017
Hey Trans Era, I've lurked the thread here and even at the old place, but back then I was too scared to post. This year I finally got an appointment to start HRT, with spiro a couole weeks ago and starting estrogen in July. I've come out to a few friends, and they've been very accepting.

I've made an effort to eat better and exercise more and lost 25 pounds so far this year, too. For someone who took so long to get the ball rolling on transition, it feels really good to be making progress on stuff.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Hey Trans Era, I've lurked the thread here and even at the old place, but back then I was too scared to post. This year I finally got an appointment to start HRT, with spiro a couole weeks ago and starting estrogen in July. I've come out to a few friends, and they've been very accepting.

I've made an effort to eat better and exercise more and lost 25 pounds so far this year, too. For someone who took so long to get the ball rolling on transition, it feels really good to be making progress on stuff.

Congrats on both HRT and weight loss...keep it up! :)

it became so much easier for me to lose weight once I started actually caring about myself.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound

Congrats! And yeah, I found that once I actually gave a shit about my appearance it was much easier to stick to a diet and workout regiment

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019

hell yeah!

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Hey Trans Era,

Apologies if this kind of thing has already been shared but I couldn't find any threadmarks on it. Are there any books you folks would recommend that serve as really good introductory texts to trans rights and gender identity?

I'm going to check with a few friends who'll definitely know some but I figured I'd ask in here too since Era consists of a broader community of folks from around the world.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 23, 2017
So my facial hair growth is too much. I can only shave once a week because if I do shave more than once, even if I'm really carefuly, I get some cuts and scrapes. My question to TransERA is that, is there a way for me to have a clean shaven face daily? My dysphoria kicks in every time I realize I have facial hair and it's been like 4 years and I'm still having that issue.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So my facial hair growth is too much. I can only shave once a week because if I do shave more than once, even if I'm really carefuly, I get some cuts and scrapes. My question to TransERA is that, is there a way for me to have a clean shaven face daily? My dysphoria kicks in every time I realize I have facial hair and it's been like 4 years and I'm still having that issue.
I feel you. I have permanent five o'clock shadow even after a shave and very sensitive skin - it's a nightmare and if I don't shave for one day I have the start of a full beard. I've tried a few different razors and foams/gels and nothing really works for me. It's been suggested I try a straight razor but with my complete lack of manual dexterity I dread to think how that would go.

Sure it may be something you've considered, but if you have light skin and dark facial hair laser might work for you if you can hunt around and find some cheap sessions? I've started on some and a couple of sessions was starting to make a small dent in it, but then obviously covid happened and I doubt I'm getting a session until next month now.

Nov 23, 2017
I feel you. I have permanent five o'clock shadow even after a shave and very sensitive skin - it's a nightmare and if I don't shave for one day I have the start of a full beard. I've tried a few different razors and foams/gels and nothing really works for me. It's been suggested I try a straight razor but with my complete lack of manual dexterity I dread to think how that would go.

Sure it may be something you've considered, but if you have light skin and dark facial hair laser might work for you if you can hunt around and find some cheap sessions? I've started on some and a couple of sessions was starting to make a small dent in it, but then obviously covid happened and I doubt I'm getting a session until next month now.

I did some electrolysis last year but it was $150 per one hour session and I didn't think it was doing all that much. Some of my facial hairs are blonde but most are dark.

Nov 23, 2017

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
That's not bad. How long was each session?

How long was each session? I had about 10 on just my upper lip and didn't see that many results.

Oh not long at all. In and out the door generally in about 20 minutes. I'm sorry you didn't get very good results. That must have been disappointing.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Laser is pretty quick. I do full face sessions and they take like 20 minutes at the most. Not to rain on the parade but I'm like 15 sessions in and I probably still have another 10 left(if i was guessing). I've gotten good progress but its not magic(for me anyway lol). But I've gone from "need to shave every 6 hours or have visible stubble" to my sideburns being almost gone but the goatee area needs to be shaved every day and a half or so or I start looking kinda ragged. Big improvement but not anywhere close to done yet lol

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my laser experience has been pretty good but i have very dark hair and relatively light mixed skin. I've had 8 or 9 sessions and really outside of a few stray hairs here and there i have basically no visible facial hair. the toughest areas are upper and lower lip due to hair density and tricky terrain. i can shave twice a week max and unless you look really closely you won't see my facial hair. really happy with laser overall, made me feel much less dysphoric in combination with hrt

Osu 16 Bit

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I've been doing laser once a month for a year. Like everyone is saying, the sessions are short. Like 10 minutes. I have mixed feelings about the results. My beard shadow was TERRIBLE and it's definitely improved. I just reached the point where I can tolerate going to like, the grocery store without makeup. But I wouldn't go to work or whatever without makeup. Results have been so slow I am not sure how many more sessions I will do before either giving up or trying electrolysis.

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018
I have red hair, laser does absolutely nothing :( I hate it so much cause these electrolysis appointments are the bane of my weeks, they say I can't shave 2-3 days before and it hurts like hell, I get Codeine pills and I can't make it through 1 hour session without breaks and they're supposed to be 2 hours long. Oh and my face gets super red and swelling where work was done for like 1-2 days afterwards.
And the person doing it say I probably have 2-3 years of this in-front of me?! how can that be true :(
Not shaving for 2-3days and then appointment with 1-2 days of redness + swelling at least, like there is nothing left of my week where I can even remotely try to feel human and like myself.

Any tips/recommendation on how to better prepare/after care would be great if anyone has any! <3
I've been thinking of trying another place maybe? cause this is almost unbearable, it pretty much is currently.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had very good experiences with laser - Face was almost completely cleared of hair. Unfortunately, a little bit has started to grow back now.

However, the pain was pretty awful: I had to have lidocaine cream in order to get it done. Luckily, my doctor got me a prescription for it.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My limited experience with laser has been painful but thankfully not so much that I need anything to deal with it. Usually just wincing or a sharp intake of breath, the tech asks if I'm ok and I make a quip about no pain, no loss and we carry on.

slutbomb

Oct 29, 2017
detroit
Any tips/recommendation on how to better prepare/after care would be great if anyone has any! <3
I've been thinking of trying another place maybe? cause this is almost unbearable, it pretty much is currently.

Trying another place is a good idea. The equipment and the technique can make a big difference in how painful electrolysis is. The first electrologist I went to used an older machine and higher settings and those sessions were excruciating. When I moved and switched to a different place, the sessions went much better. It's worth shopping around and hearing other people's experiences.

It's still going to hurt, obviously. Topical lidocaine helps a little bit. I used to take percocets I had left over from surgery, but that sometimes made it worse by inducing nausea. There are meditation techniques that can help. Another difference when I went to my second electrologist was a more natural rapport, so we could have interesting conversations that helped distract from the wonderful burning jolts and smells.

As far as swelling post-session, all I can say is keep the area clean and avoid the sun. Your skin is reacting to damage like it's supposed to. Antibacterial cream can help, since that's often combined with lidocaine.

Good luck, it's a slog for sure but the results are worth it.

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018
Trying another place is a good idea. The equipment and the technique can make a big difference in how painful electrolysis is. The first electrologist I went to used an older machine and higher settings and those sessions were excruciating. When I moved and switched to a different place, the sessions went much better. It's worth shopping around and hearing other people's experiences.

It's still going to hurt, obviously. Topical lidocaine helps a little bit. I used to take percocets I had left over from surgery, but that sometimes made it worse by inducing nausea. There are meditation techniques that can help. Another difference when I went to my second electrologist was a more natural rapport, so we could have interesting conversations that helped distract from the wonderful burning jolts and smells.

As far as swelling post-session, all I can say is keep the area clean and avoid the sun. Your skin is reacting to damage like it's supposed to. Antibacterial cream can help, since that's often combined with lidocaine.

Good luck, it's a slog for sure but the results are worth it.
Thanks for this, I'll definitely change place and see how that goes, already using lidocaine cream and basically morphine and it's unbearable to the point I would rather not do it even if I know I'm just pushing the timeline of being done with it longer into the future.

So new place and hope that It'll be better!

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Hi y'all! I've watched and lurked in this thread for some time now, but have never posted here. I've seen myself as a "strong ally" ever since I've had a childhood friend that began her transition right after high school (we're both in our 30's now). I always wanted to make sure that I understood the community more so that I could be a better ally by being aware of all the issues you folks face from day to day. At least, I believed that was why...

Apologies for the incoming book you're about to read. My stream of consciousness has been activated.

I've dealt with depression and anxiety most of my life. Body issues were/are the most prevalent, even though I've been told time and again that I'm an attractive man. There was a point in time where I was extremely agoraphobic due to having panic disorder back in my 20's. It's manageable now with my meds, but I never got to a point to where I understood why I had these issues. Always the "chemical imbalance" explanation, that I just went along with. This made me start looking into myself some more over the past several weeks, so I could maybe reduce the intake of those meds.

I've always just assumed the role of being a "manly-man" since I was a kid, but not until we had those "sex-ed" sessions in 5th grade. I used to play dress-up with my older sister in which she would dress me up like another girl and we'd do fun stuff together (my sister has always admitted to wishing she had a younger sister). Playing those games made me inextricably happy, for some reason. Once puberty started to hit, I accepted that I would need to be "one of the guys", have a girlfriend at some point, lose my virginity before I'm in my 20's, get married, and eventually have kids. I struggled in high school to "find time" to pursue a girlfriend (I went on dates, but never committed to going steady with someone until freshmen year in college).

Several girlfriends later, I'm now married to someone I love and we have an awesome baby boy. My wife and I love doing things together, but I've noticed that we engage in things as best friends do, not necessarily as lovers. It eventually hit me: the drive to do all of "manly things" that was promised to me at birth never really came. It's just what was expected of me.

I always thought to myself how weird it was that none of my guy friends loved Disney animation as much as I did. I used to really love singing and performing in musicals (I even sung my wife down the aisle, which causes me to cringe super hard when I think about it ouch ouch). I've always been the guy that had a deep understanding of what women felt or thought, almost like a superpower. Even though I yield a lot to what my girlfriends wanted to do at any given time (was just happy to be there!), I always prided myself on keeping someone happy...almost to a fault (they probably thought I was a pushover in retrospect). I love to listen to music and watch movies that moves me, not really big on shallow media of any form. James Cameron movies were great to me (T2 is my all-time favorite movie). The common theme in his movies was almost always having a strong woman character at the center.

I really enjoy hanging out with my best friend (cis guy). We've been best buds since 9th (15 yo) grade, even though we've known each other since 4th (9 or 10) grade. Our times together mostly consist of going out to eat/drink, catching a movie, listening to music, and having deep conversations while driving around the city. My wife acts like she's jealous any time we go out, but now I think it was actual jealousy. I recognize that the dude is attractive (so does my wife lol), but I don't want to be with him or anything (at least not on a conscious level). He's very similar to me, in that he knows he needs to get married at some point, but just can't seem to find "the one" which worries his family a great deal.

To keep things short (too late), all of this has led me to this point: I started reading r/egg_irl, which made me start to question myself. I had noticed that I have to consciously be aware of times I might not be acting "manly enough", whether it's in tone, hand gestures, facial expressions, etc. or else other men would see me as a fraud. I came across this essay that was linked in that subreddit that really spoke to me. Now, here I am questioning things, and don't have anyone I can talk to about it since my childhood friend no longer lives here or has a social media profile, my family is deeply religious which prevents me from having conversations about this with them, and I have a high-enough profile career that I don't want to jeopardize.

Whew, this was all in my head. Thanks for reading!

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Hi y'all! I've watched and lurked in this thread for some time now, but have never posted here. I've seen myself as a "strong ally" ever since I've had a childhood friend that began her transition right after high school (we're both in our 30's now). I always wanted to make sure that I understood the community more so that I could be a better ally by being aware of all the issues you folks face from day to day. At least, I believed that was why...

Apologies for the incoming book you're about to read. My stream of consciousness has been activated.

I've dealt with depression and anxiety most of my life. Body issues were/are the most prevalent, even though I've been told time and again that I'm an attractive man. There was a point in time where I was extremely agoraphobic due to having panic disorder back in my 20's. It's manageable now with my meds, but I never got to a point to where I understood why I had these issues. Always the "chemical imbalance" explanation, that I just went along with. This made me start looking into myself some more over the past several weeks, so I could maybe reduce the intake of those meds.

I've always just assumed the role of being a "manly-man" since I was a kid, but not until we had those "sex-ed" sessions in 5th grade. I used to play dress-up with my older sister in which she would dress me up like another girl and we'd do fun stuff together (my sister has always admitted to wishing she had a younger sister). Playing those games made me inextricably happy, for some reason. Once puberty started to hit, I accepted that I would need to be "one of the guys", have a girlfriend at some point, lose my virginity before I'm in my 20's, get married, and eventually have kids. I struggled in high school to "find time" to pursue a girlfriend (I went on dates, but never committed to going steady with someone until freshmen year in college).

Several girlfriends later, I'm now married to someone I love and we have an awesome baby boy. My wife and I love doing things together, but I've noticed that we engage in things as best friends do, not necessarily as lovers. It eventually hit me: the drive to do all of "manly things" that was promised to me at birth never really came. It's just what was expected of me.

I always thought to myself how weird it was that none of my guy friends loved Disney animation as much as I did. I used to really love singing and performing in musicals (I even sung my wife down the aisle, which causes me to cringe super hard when I think about it ouch ouch). I've always been the guy that had a deep understanding of what women felt or thought, almost like a superpower. Even though I yield a lot to what my girlfriends wanted to do at any given time (was just happy to be there!), I always prided myself on keeping someone happy...almost to a fault (they probably thought I was a pushover in retrospect). I love to listen to music and watch movies that moves me, not really big on shallow media of any form. James Cameron movies were great to me (T2 is my all-time favorite movie). The common theme in his movies was almost always having a strong woman character at the center.

I really enjoy hanging out with my best friend (cis guy). We've been best buds since 9th (15 yo) grade, even though we've known each other since 4th (9 or 10) grade. Our times together mostly consist of going out to eat/drink, catching a movie, listening to music, and having deep conversations while driving around the city. My wife acts like she's jealous any time we go out, but now I think it was actual jealousy. I recognize that the dude is attractive (so does my wife lol), but I don't want to be with him or anything (at least not on a conscious level). He's very similar to me, in that he knows he needs to get married at some point, but just can't seem to find "the one" which worries his family a great deal.

To keep things short (too late), all of this has led me to this point: I started reading r/egg_irl, which made me start to question myself. I had noticed that I have to consciously be aware of times I might not be acting "manly enough", whether it's in tone, hand gestures, facial expressions, etc. or else other men would see me as a fraud. I came across this essay that was linked in that subreddit that really spoke to me. Now, here I am questioning things, and don't have anyone I can talk to about it since my childhood friend no longer lives here or has a social media profile, my family is deeply religious which prevents me from having conversations about this with them, and I have a high-enough profile career that I don't want to jeopardize.

Whew, this was all in my head. Thanks for reading!
Your story is all too familiar. I don't have any easy answers for you other than to hope for the best.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome! Thanks for sharing - it's not an easy thing to do, even (especially?) with strangers.

Have you ever discussed any of this with your wife? Or thought about trying on some more feminine clothing to explore how you feel about it?

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I've considered talking to her about it, but I'm just afraid that she won't be too accepting of it. To me, it would only seem like I've been lying to her for as long as I've known her, even though I've been lying to myself for much longer.

Your story is all too familiar. I don't have any easy answers for you other than to hope for the best.

Yeah. Reading other stories that were waaay to similar to mine led me to question my entire life.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I've considered talking to her about it, but I'm just afraid that she won't be too accepting of it. To me, it would only seem like I've been lying to her for as long as I've known her, even though I've been lying to myself for much longer.

Yeah. Reading other stories that were waaay to similar to mine led me to question my entire life.
I know the matrix has been appropriated by the right but I feel that the metaphor about the red pill in the blue pill are very appropriate. The moment you realize you're trans it's a bit like the scene where neo takes the red pill and wakes up and a tank. it's a harsh new reality but one that ultimately leads to your liberation that you wish you were able to experience earlier in your life. You'll wish you had done it years ago even if the experience is hard.

I lost my career and my fiancee, and I had to move across the country to a city that was more liberal and accepting of folks like us. But in the long run it really worked out.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
This sounds like a lot of trans people I know, especially those who transition after their teenage years. Feels like you're getting along ok but something isnt quite right...then at some point you realize everything has been a performance and no, the average cis person doesn't actually feel like that lol. And then it's all down the rabbit hole of why you feel that way, what that means for you, how to address it, etc etc etc and here we are.

The Null HypotheCis was a read that helped me a lot when I was first seriously starting to question things. For most of my time I was trying to find that one lightbulb moment that would prove I was "really" trans and I just could not find it. Once I got to the point where I was weighing my feels of being trans vs my feelings of being cis though it opened my eyes to how little "proof" i had that I was cis as well. Most of my life is not heavily gendered and I dont have the same amount of dysphoria as a lot of people, but it was definitely there and I am much more comfortable now than I was being cis. Maybe you're trans, maybe you're not, either way I would suggest trying to objectively weigh the pros and cons as much as you can, and try to do so without the weight of cisnormativity weighing down on your decisions. It'll probably be messy, and I dont suggest sitting down for an evening and expecting to figure it out in a single night. This is a process and hopefully we can help give you enough info and tools to figure it out.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
The latest news from the UK outlining the government intention to make it illegal for trans people to use the correct public facilities is just... awful.
I feel physically sick. I'm panicking and getting suicidal thoughts, and I don't even live there at the moment. I don't know what to do. It feels like I'll never be able to go home again.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
The latest news from the UK outlining the government intention to make it illegal for trans people to use the correct public facilities is just... awful.
I feel physically sick. I'm panicking and getting suicidal thoughts, and I don't even live there at the moment. I don't know what to do. It feels like I'll never be able to go home again.
I hear that. I feel very similar to you. I came out at an interesting time. It was 2014 and the world was changing for the better. I moved to Chicago for a better environment. I couldn't change my birth certificate because I had the misfortune of being born in Tennessee. Then Trump got elected and the backlash really picked up steam.

We'll get through this together.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
I know the matrix has been appropriated by the right but I feel that the metaphor about the red pill in the blue pill are very appropriate. The moment you realize you're trans it's a bit like the scene where neo takes the red pill and wakes up and a tank. it's a harsh new reality but one that ultimately leads to your liberation that you wish you were able to experience earlier in your life. You'll wish you had done it years ago even if the experience is hard.

I lost my career and my fiancee, and I had to move across the country to a city that was more liberal and accepting of folks like us. But in the long run it really worked out.
This sounds like a lot of trans people I know, especially those who transition after their teenage years. Feels like you're getting along ok but something isnt quite right...then at some point you realize everything has been a performance and no, the average cis person doesn't actually feel like that lol. And then it's all down the rabbit hole of why you feel that way, what that means for you, how to address it, etc etc etc and here we are.

The Null HypotheCis was a read that helped me a lot when I was first seriously starting to question things. For most of my time I was trying to find that one lightbulb moment that would prove I was "really" trans and I just could not find it. Once I got to the point where I was weighing my feels of being trans vs my feelings of being cis though it opened my eyes to how little "proof" i had that I was cis as well. Most of my life is not heavily gendered and I dont have the same amount of dysphoria as a lot of people, but it was definitely there and I am much more comfortable now than I was being cis. Maybe you're trans, maybe you're not, either way I would suggest trying to objectively weigh the pros and cons as much as you can, and try to do so without the weight of cisnormativity weighing down on your decisions. It'll probably be messy, and I dont suggest sitting down for an evening and expecting to figure it out in a single night. This is a process and hopefully we can help give you enough info and tools to figure it out.

Thank you both! That's one of the harshest truths I've had to face so far: who knows how much strife I could've saved myself had I addressed this a couple of decades before now. The more I think of it, the worse I feel. Ugh.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I'm literally crying right now. Between this and what has happened over in the USA I've lost all hope. I give up, I'm done with life, the bigots have won.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Inapplicable

They haven't won, and they won't until we all give up. We need your voice. The measures they are taking are desperate, and that means they are threatened.

Good.

That said, I am so sorry, friend. It was only ever going to get worse before it got better. I wish this horrible, inhumane decision didn't affect you so directly.

Osu 16 Bit

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Thank you both! That's one of the harshest truths I've had to face so far: who knows how much strife I could've saved myself had I addressed this a couple of decades before now. The more I think of it, the worse I feel. Ugh.

I figured it out at 38, so believe me I can relate. I still struggle with the "lost/wasted" decades, but at least I've gone from thinking it was too late and letting that hold me back to accepting there's still time and regretting that I didn't do it sooner, which is quite a bit better.

Will echo what everyone else has said about this questioning and figuring it out phase. It's rough. Worst thing I've ever gone through, mentally. There were points I thought I had totally broken my mind for good. But it will pass. My biggest advice, and I know it's hard, is try not to put pressure on yourself to figure it out ASAP and also accept that it's fine to change your mind or to think you are a certain label then realize something else fits better.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
I figured it out at 38, so believe me I can relate. I still struggle with the "lost/wasted" decades, but at least I've gone from thinking it was too late and letting that hold me back to accepting there's still time and regretting that I didn't do it sooner, which is quite a bit better.

Will echo what everyone else has said about this questioning and figuring it out phase. It's rough. Worst thing I've ever gone through, mentally. There were points I thought I had totally broken my mind for good. But it will pass. My biggest advice, and I know it's hard, is try not to put pressure on yourself to figure it out ASAP and also accept that it's fine to change your mind or to think you are a certain label then realize something else fits better.
Yeah, I totally tried to hunker down over the weekend to try to figure things out before Monday morning lol. Definitely did not work.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Inapplicable

They haven't won, and they won't until we all give up. We need your voice. The measures they are taking are desperate, and that means they are threatened.

Good.

That said, I am so sorry, friend. It was only ever going to get worse before it got better. I wish this horrible, inhumane decision didn't affect you so directly.
I probably shouldn't have posted what I did here, it's best suited for a different thread.

I'm glad the USA actually got some good news yesterday, I still feel the situation here is pretty grim and I doubt it will get any better. I fucking hate this backwards ass country but I'll leave it at that.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
Today I picked up my first prescription. So.. I guess today is day 1 for my HRT. Yay!
My dose is pretty low, which I suppose is wise for starting out, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to ramp it up sooner rather than later.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Today I picked up my first prescription. So.. I guess today is day 1 for my HRT. Yay!
My dose is pretty low, which I suppose is wise for starting out, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to ramp it up sooner rather than later.
Grats!

I'm still waiting on the go-ahead for HRT myself - a combination of issues with my bloods and Coronavirus have meant I've not been able to start yet (notably, my endo has been working on Coronavirus wards so they've needed to source a new way of dealing with blood tests). I'm just waiting on a new draft report right now. It's frustrating to be sure and it's definitely affecting my mood, but I'll get there with a bit of patience.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
For people who are on HRT, how do you deal with.. for want of a better word.. Impatience, I guess? Like.. Now that its underway, I just wanna be a cocoon, and come out again in like a year to see whats what. I know myself, and I know I'm gonna be obsessing over things every day now, and that's just not healthy, so whats a good coping mechanism.

Also, for any trans folk who transitioned later in life, how do you deal with the regret of time lost? Its something that I'm *really* struggling with at the moment, knowing I should've done this earlier, and could have if I wasn't so scared, it's killing me inside.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For people who are on HRT, how do you deal with.. for want of a better word.. Impatience, I guess? Like.. Now that its underway, I just wanna be a cocoon, and come out again in like a year to see whats what. I know myself, and I know I'm gonna be obsessing over things every day now, and that's just not healthy, so whats a good coping mechanism.

Also, for any trans folk who transitioned later in life, how do you deal with the regret of time lost? Its something that I'm *really* struggling with at the moment, knowing I should've done this earlier, and could have if I wasn't so scared, it's killing me inside.
for the first one: I don't know... don't obsess? Just live your life, present how you feel comfortable, the changes will come. But it's not a magic bullet and you're probably not coming out the other end looking like a cis girl. You have to put in the work and have the confidence to live your life as you want to be seen.

Really the same thing for the second question. Don't obsess. That time is gone and it's not ever coming back no matter how hard you wish it would. There's nothing you can do about it except move on and live your best life starting today. Accept who you are, including the choices you made that got you to this point. There's no trick. You just have to focus on the positives and do the best you can.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
for the first one: I don't know... don't obsess? Just live your life, present how you feel comfortable, the changes will come. But it's not a magic bullet and you're probably not coming out the other end looking like a cis girl. You have to put in the work and have the confidence to live your life as you want to be seen.

Really the same thing for the second question. Don't obsess. That time is gone and it's not ever coming back no matter how hard you wish it would. There's nothing you can do about it except move on and live your best life starting today. Accept who you are, including the choices you made that got you to this point. There's no trick. You just have to focus on the positives and do the best you can.

Hard truths, but of course you're right. I think my main problem at the moment is just that I'm very isolated because of the lockdown, and don't really have anyone close by to share my journey with.

Deleted member 20850

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It's another puberty so it takes ages to give you all of its effects. It might be a decent idea to take a picture now and then since the changes come so slow you will never notice what changes day to day.

I just kept thinking every day will be a tiny bit better.

And lost time will never come back but I stopped losing more now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard truths, but of course you're right. I think my main problem at the moment is just that I'm very isolated because of the lockdown, and don't really have anyone close by to share my journey with.
yeah that is tough, i sympathize. But you're not in this alone, we've all been through it to some degree or another. you can always talk to one of us here or on discord (idk if you're in the server but I'm sure someone here can invite you). Some days are harder than others but it's all worth it. you're becoming who you were always meant to be.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
yeah that is tough, i sympathize. But you're not in this alone, we've all been through it to some degree or another. you can always talk to one of us here or on discord (idk if you're in the server but I'm sure someone here can invite you). Some days are harder than others but it's all worth it. you're becoming who you were always meant to be.

I'm not in the discord, so an invite would be nice, yeah :)