• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Just getting it out of the way: Yes, I'm German, yes I worked as Deutsche Bahn (IT department though), yes I like Strategy and Sim games ;)

Train Sim World 2 was just announced, here some key facts and screenshots:

Z850h3v.jpg

• Release: 6th August 2020
  • Systems: PC, PS4 and Xbox One
  • Main info: New game, you can use your add-ons from Train Sim World 1 (no gameplay/visual upgrades for them though)
  • Features:
    • Two new routes and new trains included, one upgraded route for PC and new one for console players (wasn't released on console before)
      • Bakerloo Line – First opened in 1906 Bakerloo is one of the oldest lines on the London Underground. Master the modern-day complexity of rush hour in the British capital.
      • Köln Schnellfahrstrecke – Step into the renowned DB BR 406 ICE 3M and drive passengers at speeds up to 250km/h as you race between Köln and Aachen on this German inter-city line.
      • Sand Patch Grade – Enjoy epic power with the CSX AC4400CW. Haul freight across the Allegheny Mountains, battling adhesion on one of the steepest grades in the United States.
    • Train Sim World 2 features iconic locomotives to master. The classic 1972 Mark 2 Stock on the Bakerloo Line, modern fast commuters with DB BR 406 ICE 3M and DB BR 442 'Talent 2' and powerful hauliers with the AC4400CW, GP38-2 and SD40-2.
    • Livery Designer – Get creative and add a personal touch to your Train Sim World 2 locos with this easy to use tool that allows custom liveries.
    • Scenario Planner – Drive what you want, where you want, as you plan out your own scenarios. Quick drive, your way.
    • New Adhesion Physics – Feel wheelslip and wheelslide in adverse weather, master moving heavy freight and keep control of your loco power on steep inclines.
    • Dynamic Skies – Multiple cloud layers and realistic sunlight filtering means greater visual fidelity for the skies in Train Sim World 2.
    • Journeys – Start a new Journey on any route to explore more than 24 hours of gameplay featuring scenarios, services and more to complete.
    • Tutorials – Learn all you need to take to the rails with detailed tutorials for each locomotive. Master every switch, lever and dial.