• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Switch【英雄伝説 閃の軌跡IV】2021/3/18発売決定!!! | ゲームよりどりサブカルみどりパーク (ryokutya2089.com)

From Famitsu I assume.

Cold Steel III on Switch came out on *checks notes* March 19th, 2020 in JP and June 30th, 2020 in NA and EU. So I guess expect a June release in the west here?

Engine Software is doing the port and did an outstanding job with Cold Steel III on Switch so I expect the same here. They're also doing Ys IX on Switch, while Ys VIII on Switch was done internally at NIS.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
This *might* release sooner in NA than CSIII did relative to its JP launch. I honestly still don't know what happened with CSIII - I played what was essentially a finished build in January before the shutdown at NISA HQ and yet they didn't release it until June - almost July? Still baffling.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
This *might* release sooner in NA than CSIII did relative to its JP launch. I honestly still don't know what happened with CSIII - I played what was essentially a finished build in January before the shutdown at NISA HQ and yet they didn't release it until June - almost July? Still baffling.
The date wasn't even revealed until the March 26th mini direct IIRC. Maybe they meant to release it earlier but of course, COVID.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Bringing the discussion here, but there's still the lack of info about Clouded Leopard's Switch ports of Cold Steel 1 and 2, and both Crossbell games.

Unlike CS 3 and 4, Clouded Leopard are publishing CS 1 and 2 in Japan in addition to Korea. Which decreases the likelihood of NIS/NISA having any involvement. XSEED could still be involved (even today they still have the license right?), but who would do the ports? Engine's the #1 candidate (they just did the NMH ports for XSEED/Marvelous EU), but they're fucking stacked with Switch ports for next year as it is. How much more can they handle? Even stuff they announced like Cold Steel IV, Ys IX, Little Nightmares 2, and some others IIRC(?) are chunky stuff and they're not that big. Granted CS 1 and 2 should be cakewalks if CS 3 and 4 use the same base engine they can just reuse much of their Switch code, I'd assume.

Still, we don't know much at all.

The FuzzPig

Oct 31, 2017
I've been putting off playing CSIII till CSIV's release date got announced, guess I better start CSIII soon.
I did the same for CSI/II and finished the first one a week before the second one came out, it was one of the longest weeks of my life.