• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Still alot to look forward too.

Thanks too salromano for the trailer!

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
It's annoying 1 and 2 aren't on Switch but 3 is. I have 1 and 2 on PS3 and the remasters on the PS4. But I rather play them all on the same console (in this case the Switch)

thematic

Oct 31, 2017
sorry, not accustomed to US season, but which months is Fall?

i haven't finished the 3rd one because I read the cliffhanger is worse than the 1st.
I currently on chapter 4 and hesitate to continue

Thanks

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I don't need to watch any trailers since it's an obvious day 1. Too many good (and long) JRPGs out this year.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I want to get into this series but the thing that's putting me off is that the 2 cross bell games (whole 2nd arc) never came to the West. Did all the Western fans of the series just emulate them or like, skip them?

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I want to get into this series but the thing that's putting me off is that the 2 cross bell games (whole 2nd arc) never came to the West. Did all the Western fans of the series just emulate them or like, skip them?
You can buy them from dlsite.com

Recently, a fan translation was released for the first crossbell game, Trails from Zero. It is an extremely high quality translation that rivals XSeed's releases.

Some of the new features: 60/120fps, gamepad support with switch, DS, Xbox prompts, turbo, message log

geofront.esterior.net

The Geofront

Fan Localization Hub

The second game, Ao no Kiseki, has a fantranslation aswell but it is not as polished as Geofront's release, has gotten some QoL updates to make it a little bit better. There's 60fps support and an updated script to match some of the words/locations/items from Xseed/NISA's translations.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I really want to get into this series one day, I'd even like to start with Trails in the Sky but it just seems so daunting. Any chance they'd ever release a collection one day?

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Is playing through the Trails in the Sky subseries mandatory to understand the Cold Steel series and be satisfied?

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
Is playing through the Trails in the Sky subseries mandatory to understand the Cold Steel series and be satisfied?

You can think Cold Steel as 2 duologies

CS1 + 2 - Fine starting point
CS3 + 4 - The last game is a conclusion of an arc that was set up in Sky, officially began in Crosbell.

Now, some people (i didnt play it yet) say that you CAN play CS4 without the other sub series , you will lose a lot of references and dont know some (a fair bit) of returning characters. But you will be able to follow the overall story. Not the optimal way tough.
Its just that the callbacks and continuous plot points are one of the biggest strenghts of the series. So i dont know if i can reccomend CS4 without the others first.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I don't 2021 for Switch, it's already taking me ages to finish 3 and Xenoblade is soon.

I still wonder when they'll release the japanese version. Will it be later than the localised one this time around...

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
I wish I had it right now. That ending for 3 was brutal and I'm Jonesing for more trails. It doesn't help that I just lent all three to my friend and he's experiencing the series fresh and already loving then so I'm getting his commentary

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like CS3 was released an eternity ago.
Can't wait for more
AnFQ6rI.jpg

Basslover

Jan 28, 2018

Just play the first cold steel game and see if you like it, if you do then there's plenty more to keep playing.

That first cold steel game was made as an introduction point of sorts in the series.

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
I just finished 2 and made mistake of jumping into Tokyo xanadu first instead of CS 3. Feel like this is gonna just gonna be as long as the trails games...

Basslover

Jan 28, 2018
Yes. Anyone telling you to start with CS is wrong. You'll be losing a lot otherwise.

Yeah no, feel free to start with CS, plenty of people who say start with Sky forget that while the story is indeed great, as a game not so much, it is very slow in all aspects from story to animations and battle. Its not too bad but it can be tough to go through if you are not already invested in the overall story.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll get into Cold Steel someday.

If only my complete hatred for Rean didn't stop me from proceeding on multiple tries in the past.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... Why are the Switch and PC versions 2021?

Durante's port studio, PH3 Games, is probably handling the PC release. Which Trails of Cold Steel 3 is a top notch port. I think they are also helping the porting studio that's helming the Switch version. So far PH3 Games have put out some ridiculously optimized products with awesome graphical extras as well as some nice quality of life gameplay extras.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Alright fuck it, i'm gonna skip TITS and jump straight into CS. Don't think i'll ever have the time to play all of them anyway.

Is there a decent summary of all the events that happened in TITS?

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
You went back to it indeed. But did you do it before or after CS3 ?
I think I played CS3 and Sky SC simultaneously on PS4 / Steam.
I'm not denying that it's cool and occasionally more rewarding to have more background by playing the earlier games (also, Sky SC is just a wonderful game).
It's just that I think you can absolutely enjoy playing only the CS games. That way you always know as much as your main characters.