• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Can't wait to play it, but man, Sean Chiplock sounds weeeeird to me in that trailer. Odd, considering he's one of the best performers in the first two games.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Millium's new voice sounded great here. Almost forgot that she had gotten a new VA. It was only like 3 words, but still.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah good to see all the same VAs for the original calls 7 return sans Millium. Her new one sounds good though so no complaints.

I'll look into trying to start Zero/Ao. I really hate we never got an official version on our end but given the platform and state of localization at the time I suppose nothing could be done.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
As bad as the current Zero translation is, it's still pretty playable. The current group is using that as a base anyway. Ao current edited translation is way better than Zero's so it's a better experience. I say go in now. If Zero/Ao ever get official localizations you can always go back to them.
100% this. I know people rather wait for a better option for Zero since its in such a bad state but its not likely the Geofront translation gets finished in time for Cs3 and even if it did it would have to come out with enough time for you to play through it and Ao before CS3 comes out (assuming you plan to jump into it day 1 which you should). The translation for Zero is garbage but I played through it and got through it just fine as did several others and was genuinely surprised by how much better off Ao is. Ao's translation is not great but its leagues better then Zeros and doesn't have anywhere near the problems Zero's has.

My point being, Zero and Ao are important for CS3/4 and if you want to be caught up now is the best time to do so even with the rough translations. Best you are going to otherwise get is to read through summeries of those two games but I'd argue against that because Zero is really good and Ao is easily one of if not THE best game in the series.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Not on PC? What year is this? Total BS considering the fact that the first two are there.

A PC port is all but officially going to happen, but NISA mentioned that they're working on making sure the PS4 version comes out first.

Probably for the best if you know this company's severely problematic history with their last Falcom PC port.

thematic

Fallen Guardian
Oct 31, 2017
though I'm happy the 3rd finally releasing in English, I'll skip until the 4th one at least get a release date

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Neat. My expectations aren't very high after CS2, but I've been replaying the series from the beginning and enjoying it, so I'm looking forward to probably seeing a lot more familiar faces from the earlier games in 3. Not sure when I'll get to actually play it, though, considering that I'll have to experience Zero and Ao somehow before it too. If there are no fan translation news to be found when I'm done with CS1 and 2, I guess I'll just suck it up and watch Youtube walkthroughs with the shitty (and somewhat less shitty for Ao) translations lol.

Hahaha. One minute it's this:

What a merry translation.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to get excited for it when you own all previous entries on Steam/GOG without a PC version in sight.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
If it makes you feel better, saves don't carry over for CS3. Unless you don't own a PS4, then I don't know what to say!

It's more about that a PS4 version can't offer me unlimited bond points, a day zero new game plus save and 4k gaming.

Also i don't like fracturing my gaming library over multiple plattforms espacilly a for series like Kiseki.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Man, i have mixed feelings about this annoucement. It's really nice to finally have a release date, which is a good one, like skipping November, as we need CS3 to get good sales for CS4. But also I was kinda hoping to get a release date like December to let Geofront enough time to finish Zero's editing.

Oh well, i guess i'm going to start Zero with its current translation next month.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, i have mixed feelings about this annoucement. It's really nice to finally have a release date, which is a good one, like skipping November, as we need CS3 to get good sales for CS4. But also I was kinda hoping to get a release date like December to let Geofront enough time to finish Zero's editing.

Oh well, i guess i'm going to start Zero with its current translation next month.
To be fair, there's no guarantee Geofront would have been done by December.
(This isn't a dig at them)

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
I mean cool for people playing through the series on PS4 but where the fuck is the Steam release news? First two chapters have been out a while and now nothing?

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The PC version of Cold Steel was releases almost two years after it came out on PS3/Vita. Don't expect this to be any different especially considering NISA's previous fiasco with Ys VIII.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
Glad to see people excited about the release date! If you are looking for more details and impressions we'll be having a demo of the start of the game at SEGA's booth (if you are at the show) and running press interviews all week, so please stay tuned.

If you are a fan of JRPGs, you'll want to keep an eye out for coverage, this week is only starting!

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I mean cool for people playing through the series on PS4 but where the fuck is the Steam release news? First two chapters have been out a while and now nothing?
You should never have expected a day one Steam release, the previous two games didn't have them and this game is a much bigger undertaking than Ys VIII was.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see people excited about the release date! If you are looking for more details and impressions we'll be having a demo of the start of the game at SEGA's booth (if you are at the show) and running press interviews all week, so please stay tuned.

If you are a fan of JRPGs, you'll want to keep an eye out for coverage, this week is only starting!

Any chance of you guys uploading footage of the demo to Twitter/Youtube later this week for the people at home?

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
You should never have expected a day one Steam release, the previous two games didn't have them and this game is a much bigger undertaking than Ys VIII was.

NISA could have at least something said along the line "A Steam release is also planned but it will take a bit more time that we can assure a good port. So we can't give you release date right now" which would have been 100x better than the current situation where pc kiseki fans don't even know if it ever will be released on gog or steam.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
Any chance of you guys uploading the demo to Twitter/Youtube later this week for the people at home?
We are allowing limited capture for those we are interviewing with so expect to see some footage creep online in the next week or so.

I'm having my team prepare B-roll for those we couldn't accommodate, so you should see something coming around soon in some form!

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
NISA could have at least something said along the line "A Steam release is also planned but it will take a bit more time that we can assure a good port. So we can't give you release date right now" which would have been 100x better than the current situation were pc kiseki fans don't even know if it ever will be released on gog or steam.
XSEED didn't announce PC versions at first, either. Falcom probably told them not to say anything yet, I'd be extremely surprised if there's no PC version of CS3 released before this time next year given the fact that nearly all the localized Falcom games released in the past decade+ are on there.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
XSEED didn't announce PC versions at first, either. Falcom probably told them not to say anything yet, I'd be extremely surprised if there's no PC version of CS3 released before this time next year given the fact that nearly all the localized Falcom games released in the past decade+ are on there.

Its not 2013 anymore. Day-to-day PC releases are a thing, even for JRPG or least an announcement for a port.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its not 2013 anymore. Day-to-day PC releases are a thing, even for JRPG or least an announcement for a port.
The difference is NISA needs to make the port themselves since Falcom never made a PC version, compared to most big JRPGs which are brought over by their own developer and not a licensor

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful news.

For anybody who's on the fence about playing the rougher Zero/Ao translations, I do urge you consider going through with it. Zero is easily in a far worse state, and it's really hard to ignore that I admit. That being said I felt like the strength of the world and characters were still able to shine through and I had a great time. Ao's condition is significantly better, so if you get over that hump you're in for a significantly smoother (although certainly still not professional) ride. And it's a ride that's well worth it, one that I imagine it will pay off even further once CS3 releases.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
The difference is NISA needs to make the port themselves since Falcom never made a PC version, compared to most big JRPGs which are brought over by their own developer and not a licensor
On the one hand, true.

On the other, the PS4 code has been final the entire time, so if they had given it over to Durante when they got the rights, it would have been done by now. (That said, I can understand the desire to not even start on it until the localization is finished and incorporated, so you don't have two branches to maintain with two sets of problems to worry about.)

Regardless, they need to hire on Durante from the start. Their past work shows that they're just not very good at much of anything, so better to bring on the experts with a proven history of getting it done.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Man that's a bit earlier than I expected. Cannot wait!!
Yeah, sooner than I thought.

giphy.gif

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Buying day one to show support. Probably won't play it for a long time lol.