• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Know by Heart is a game about accepting loss. Players will be immersed into the quiet life of a provincial Russian town, where traces and echoes of the Soviet era can still be seen and heard.

A brief but tumultuous episode of the town's life is interwoven with the story of a gang of childhood friends coming back together. It's up to them to journey down memory lanes and rekindle their friendship, but their memories of the past and the very bonds between them become threatened...

Add "Know by heart" to your wishlist at Steam:

Game was initially announced for PC/PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch earlier this year. Note that the Bachelor's story for Pathologic 2 is also still in development.​

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Personally not a big fan of these types of games, it feels like they're a bit of a dime a dozen these days. The segments of putting that picture together mad eme roll my eyes a bit, it feels like a very twee indie game thing to do for these heavy games.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Instant buy. IPL does work like no one else in the industry.

Plus. I want The Bachelor route for Pathologic 2.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Instant buy. IPL does work like no one else in the industry.

Plus. I want The Bachelor route for Pathologic 2.
Still can't wait to see whats happening with the bachelor. I remember with the update they gave a few months ago(whenever this was announced too)they said it wouldn't be the same length as pathologic 2 and more condensed.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Pathologic 2 so damn much. It's been months since I played it but I can't get it out of my mind. One of the most psychologically intense experiences I ever had with a videogame, it truly transcended the usual involvement I had with the media. They really nailed at how to use game system to create interactions that have meaningful repercussions on how a person reacts to a story

Exciting to see that they have a new project. I bet it's going to be pretty unique, even if they aim for something more mainstream this time

May 17, 2019
Apparently this one is by the director of Cargo: The Quest For Gravity, not the director of Pathologic/ The Void. Given that Cargo is still great though, I'm pretty excited

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
R-183288-1231720676.jpeg.jpg

Deleted member 22002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, after Pathologic 2 they didn't even need to make another game to get my money: just open a patreon for the Bachelor's story and I will happily handle a fiver every month.

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
It's so fucking unusual to see russian environments in such art style! You also get to play russian policeman, hope there is a way to make his life miserable, lol, knowing that it is IPL game, I guess they will surely deliver on this front.

Last edited:

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently this one is by the director of Cargo: The Quest For Gravity, not the director of Pathologic/ The Void. Given that Cargo is still great though, I'm pretty excited
Oh, nice. I never could get into The Void (Its an interesting game, but unforgiving and obtuse right from the start), but Cargo was approachable enough while still being a bit bizarre.

I keep feeling like I should play Knock Knock one of these days. Any idea who directed that one?

May 17, 2019
Oh, nice. I never could get into The Void (Its an interesting game, but unforgiving and obtuse right from the start), but Cargo was approachable enough while still being a bit bizarre.

I keep feeling like I should play Knock Knock one of these days. Any idea who directed that one?

Nikolay Dybowski, director of Pathologic 1/2 and The Void/Turgor. Knock-Knock is their worst game, in my opinion, but still pretty interesting. Does hide-and-seek gameplay better than any other work. He's currently writing the Bachelor route for Pathologic and designing a small indie game called Franz

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
New trailer:

The Town from Know by heart plays an important role in our story. That is why we wanted to create some kind of recognizable environment for every Russian. Since the game is a little about our memories, it was important for us to create some kind of collective feeling. And the Town is in the middle of all this.