• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I never heard about this movie and think that it looks interesting. If I understand correctly, it was released in theaters last year (in Spain, at least).

A vertical prison with one cell per level. Two people per cell. One only food platform and two minutes per day to feed from up to down. An endless nightmare trapped in The Pit. Directed by Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia, The Platform is a twisted social allegory about mankind at its darkest and hungriest.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
So many important questions I have about this concept. Like what's preventing any of them to just pull some food onto the floor aside from the platform, so they can eat what they've put aside later?

OP
OP
skrskg

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Like what's preventing any of them to just pull some food onto the floor aside from the platform, so they can eat what they've put aside later?

Nothing, I guess (then again there's a sci-fi-element to it, so there might be something preventing it).

But if you're keeping it for yourself, those below don't get anything. And they might try to come up.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
nothing I guess, that would still leave less for the people below wouldnt it?
It didn't seem from this trailer that anyone was too concerned about prisoners below them. The drama seemed to be more along the lines of not being able to eat quickly enough to sustain you for the whole day, so people get mad from hunger and jump to their death.
In any case, I'm really curious what kind of scenarios all this will lead to. I'm kind of hoping for some unintentionally comedic terribleness of Snowpiercer, because the concept is so transparent and banal, and yet interesting.

Last edited:

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Or they are pushed down, to leave more for the other person in that cell.

And we see one prisoner trying to get up in the trailer.
Yeah, I didn't really get that either, because they clearly didn't have time to eat enough of what was there in the first place - but I guess it could be an issue on lower levels where there's very little food left!

Oct 27, 2017
Why wouldn't you just push the food you need off the platform and into your cell? Then there is no need to rush.

Solved the movie!

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it and can very much recommend it though it slogs a little in the middle. When it comes to netflix movies this imo a standout though.

Currently at 86% on rotten tomatoes

www.rottentomatoes.com

The Platform

In the future, prisoners housed in vertical cells watch as inmates in the upper cells are fed while those below starve.

Why wouldn't you just push the food you need off the platform and into your cell? Then there is no need to rush.

Solved the movie!
That's actually addressed pretty much right away. They don't let people hoard any food.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I would eat the dead people on every floor. Everyone would be so shocked that they'd skip the food and starve to death. More for me.

tuta

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed how well it told it's story. Any question I asked myself was solved rather quickly. Well made.

MrZaha

Jan 9, 2018
About the end
wouldnt the girl die at the end from the force of the platform

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, if Parasite didnt exist, this would be the new Parasite. Definitely catching this.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went into this not seeing the trailer or anything about it. It was amazing. Felt a lot like a really dark Snowpiercer to me. Also felt a lot of Bruno Ganz in this with a particular Spanish actor in it.

One of the best ive seen in a while.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Damn, if Parasite didnt exist, this would be the new Parasite. Definitely catching this.
Concept wise definitely reminds of Parasite but even less blatant, however what Parasite towers is in the filmmaking from the cinematography to the direction and acting ensemble. Gonna watch this today and see how this fares.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
About the end
wouldnt the girl die at the end from the force of the platform
two words: inertial dampers. the movie is pretty good, it reminds me a lot of Cube. The best part is that it doesn't try to explain everything like in Cube. Although i dont understand why there's a 500 foot cave for a basement. And where did the main character go at the end.

I would give it a 8/10.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Just finished watching it

I'm not a sensible person by any means, but some scenes were gory. So if you are sensible to this kind of stuff, don't watch it. It's worse than many Saw movies.

The message is not subtle at all, but the concept's execution is awesome. Cinematography is really good, and so are the performances. The soundtrack is also perfect, really unsetling.

It's not an excellent movie, but it's a really entertaining one. You can tell that it was a labour of love from the director/scriptwriter.

Good job, Netflix