• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
'Hey so this is looking like pure nightmare fuel guys but I'm worried it's just not shit enough'

'I know let's put James Corden in it'

'Jeff you're a fucking genius'

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I rewatched it, Idris and Taylor don't look too bad but the main cat is just creepy looking, the first turn around moment is genuinely a bit unsettling to me, Judy Dench, J Hudson and Rebel Wilson just look really bad

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is this a furry thing?

th

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
I'm not sure how I feel about this lol? Never seen the musical. Sounded beautiful. Looked... well unique.

If nothing else, I hope Swift's lame talent gets exposed next to some real singers (and actors for that matter).

Edit: also, obviously goes without saying, but this alone is going to power an entire generation of furries. So there's that too.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Looks brilliant to be honest. It's supposed to be horrifying right?
Also feel like this is going to awaken something in a lot of people. Furry population in the world is going quadruple.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
9422671036bffea54378bf940df9639c--musical-cats-cats-the-musical-costume.jpg

For reference to what the broadway costumes looked like. I think it's very faithful.

I guess the problem is most of the younger generations don't even know about the play.

In the broadway show it was human actors in make up. The use of CGI in this film just looks bizarre and unsettling, it doesn't work at all and looks nothing like the stage version. It looks like a bad deepfake.

Oct 25, 2017
For the stage play, you could at least tell the performers were just regular people in a cat outfit.
This movie's photo-real CG though.... whew.... no thanks.

And since the producers are going for near-realism, shouldn't Taylor Swift's character have more than one pair of breasts?
Cos like, that's anatomically correct, yes?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
For the stage play, you could at least tell the performers were just regular people in a cat outfit.
This movie's photo-real CG though.... whew.... no thanks.

And since the producers are going for near-realism, shouldn't Taylor Swift's character have more than one pair of breasts?
Cos like, that's anatomically correct, yes?

They should have just had Taylor Swift be herself and nobody notices that she's a human pop idol lol

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Its insane where Hollywoods obsession with franchise film making is leading it.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
They look so weird with those faces in some shots, its like deepfake or something

Im sure some part of the population is beyond themselfes, good for you but im not feeling this

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I rewatched it, Idris and Taylor don't look too bad but the main cat is just creepy looking, the first turn around moment is genuinely a bit unsettling to me, Judy Dench, J Hudson and Rebel Wilson just look really bad

I think Idris and Taylor work better as they've kept the fur to a minimum and it fits better with their natural skin tones. They've also kept them looking that bit more human.

All the cats with pure white faces look bad (eyes and mouth just look weird on that stark white background). Biggest CGI mess is J Hudson...they either need a complete fur redesign for her...or need to reshoot her with practical effects (given she has the biggest song).

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
There's going to be people that will try and see this 200 times.

Someone is going to have do extra cleaning on the seats each time.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
So, should I feel ashamed at feeling that Memory is kinda great?
Why? It's a show-stopping, beautiful song in the original musical. Hopefully this production's version will do it justice.

Holy shit YES, I am 100% on board! Looks fucking incredible!!
Haha, I'm with you. I love it so far.

I am beyond fascinated by (and surprised by the ferocity of) the extremely negative reactions. Some seems to be related to the effects being unsettling somehow. I don't see that myself, but I can understand.

But I also imagine a bunch is some sort of deep-seated discomfort with the idea of anthropomorphism / furries in general. The one poster earlier who was like, extremely distraught at the idea of more furries "being created," what was that about? Why do they give a fuck, much less frown on people having this interest / fascination / or yeah, even fetish?

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
That's honestly terrifying. Every character looks like it comes from a reimagining of a sleep paralysis dream, what the fuck is that?
Ew

Oct 25, 2017
This film is giving the gods more reason to abandon mankind.

The furries will be loving it- entire screenings of this to themselves

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I thought it looked great? I didn't even know they were making a Cats adaptation, but as soon as I saw the thread title, the cats in the trailer were more or less what I had imagined they would be?

I've never seen the Cats show, but I thought it had more of an 80s glam rock vibe to it though?