• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
2a0.jpg

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so ridiculous and dumb but still more entertaining than any other big budget blockbuster releases this year

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this.

Cats is more interesting to look at than the new Lion King, one way or another.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nightmare fuel. I love a lot of the cast but this story never really grabbed me and the cat cgi is scary. Sorry guys I'm out

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Wake up Sheeple! Amblin Entertainment and Paramount Pictures have orchestrated this to manipulate us. JOIN THE DOTS!

There is no CATS movie. It's to make us think the Sonic Movie looks ok.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
So fucking weird. I had forgotten this was gonna be a thing.

It's entirely possible that Rebel Wilson likes these roles, though. I absolutely could be wrong, and I know how easy it is to be typecast as the "funny fat girl" that Melissa McCarthy was for a while, but I honestly don't know if Rebel Wilson is champing at the bit for dramatic roles. She has enough star power at this point that I'm sure she'd be able to take a smaller dramatic role if for no other reason than to start to shift the way she's perceived.

I mean in the last Pitch Perfect unless she is a total masochist it was way to much laughing at her expense. It is a thin like between championing the plus sized and unconsciously or consiously fat shaming someone. My point is it gets excessive in certain films to the point of not even being funny IMO and seeming just plain lazy. "Isn't it romantic" had a tiny bit of dramatics and it got laughs without it being laughing AT Rebel. Just my two cents.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
It's like my nightmares came to life. This is worse than the Sonic CGI. How did this get greenlit?

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
The character design just doesnt work on a fundamental level. Floaty eyes and lips that sort of vaguely track a fur system that's trying desperately to work out where the gravity and wind are trying to pull it, problems with the scale of the cats changing, logic of who wears clothes and why....

....and this one is tricky, because.....I literally dont know how to word this, but it's a thing.....Cats dont have lips, and the fuller the lips of the actors are, the weirder the cats look. Now, I'm not saying this should inform who you employ for this movie, but I would say MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE MADE THIS MOVIE WITH HUMANS FACES. JUST USE THEIR VOICES LIKE A NORMAL FUCKING CG THING !!!!!

They should have done costumes instead of CG. The actual actors with costumes. Or film real life cats with human heads stitched onto them. See Sarah Jessica Parker in Mars Attacks for reference. At least that would have been funny.

Oh, and one more thing...

Wait for it...

Wait for it.....

wait for it....

James Corden is a cunt.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well... The costumes look great I must say, probably mixed with CGI, but they looked good if creepy, probably uncomfortable for the actors though. Tons of make up? CGI ears?
They are like the Avatar blue people, but in practical suits. So OK.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand. If they're making CGI, why did they stick to human proportions? They could have just given them cat proportions

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this looks beyond awful. No thanks. Enjoy, Cats fans.

Oct 29, 2017
I dont understand. If they're making CGI, why did they stick to human proportions? They could have just given them cat proportions
Straight up making them animals would be boring(unless it is stylized like an animated movie). They are only using CGI as makeup and wardrobe. In a Broadway adaptation they would want to keep the illusion of real people dancing and singing. If anything the less they look like cats the better, this already has too much CG.

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Everybody's dancing. Does this have a story or is it just pretty much 95% singing like Les Miserables?

It sounds exhausting if it's just one song to the next. Les Miserables was exhausting on film tbh.