• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I never thought I would ever see the furry version of Academy Award winner Dame Judi Dench but here we are.

D_yarqaW4AAJsXq.png

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK

I was scarred as a child with TV commercials for the Broadway show. Now I'm going to be haunted by this crime against nature.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Fuck on second thought thr most disturbing thing is like half the known actors are easily recognaziable and the other half could be anyone like why in the everlovin fuck is Taylor Swift like that and McKellen is like him with cat ears

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
I think this trailer broke me, I feel like I´m losing the grasp on reality itself. THis shit is Lovecraftian

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Looks exactly as horrifying as I expected all along.

DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY!

This will be a truly unique event. I can't wait.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like it'll be entertaining just for the visual style. I love the scale and the commitment to humanoid cats. Will grit my teeth through Taylor for it.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Eagerly rushing to see what this monstrosity looks like without seeing any pictures beforehand:

I was not let down.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me it was horrific and that was before I saw James fucking Corden in the credits.

Need to bleach my eyes.

Jun 17, 2019
Because there's a noticeable suspension of disbelief seeing actors wearing makeup and costumes that look like clothing on a stage compared to....whatever this movie is trying to accomplish.

Oh god, I wonder how the West End and Broadway actors are feeling about all of this? I mean...is this going to be Gerad Butler levels of Phantom? I mean at least the cast can sing, but why are they talking? At least the sunburn on Butler didn't look uncanny valley; bad, but not uncanny.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Oh.......

People always say their jaw hit the floor, and I always thought that was just exaggerating. My God my mouth was 2 feet from the ground, WTF WAS THAT!

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
that rebel Wilson bit is so fucking bad holy shit

and James Corden too? what is this cast? dumpster fire

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that this comes out the same day as Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

Genuinely not sure which one will win out.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Uncanny valley wins again. Everyone's face just looks like it's been motion tracked onto a stand in but the scale/positioning is off by a few mm. Really distracting.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I've heard of Cats before but besides it being on Broadway for a long time, I know nothing about it. And this trailer doesn't help at all. I'm noping out of this one

Jun 17, 2019
Wait...Tom Hooper directed Les Mis, right? Does that mean that...

A. Talented singers are not going to be allowed to belt the songs?
B. Does this mean we're going to have the camera right up in the mouths of some of the singers?

Because christ I remember having nightmares after Les Mis with the way the people were singing and how the camera kept right up in their faces so much that I swear I could probably see their tonsils.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's that weird Broadway musical where twits in leotards sing about...something or other for four hours and then everyone leaves confused and uncertain if any "Cats" showed up:

latest

If there's one film that probably required the Lion King CG treatment, it was this one. Imagine hyperrealistic house cats dancing and singing with the voice of Idris Elba and Taylor Swift.