• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
That looks horrible.

And yet, Idris STILL looks badass. How does he do it? Oh. He has clothes on.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Coming this December...

This Better Not Awaken Anything in Me: The Musical

Oct 27, 2017
9av7Wjk.gif

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
That is so weird. It looks like a fucking live snapchat filter effect that barely tracks with their faces. WTF.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Straight up with no hyperbole or exageration whatsoever this might be the worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

Day 1.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
this is repugnant and anti-art. cats is a piece of shit without this fucking vile cgi tosh. good lord.

although props at achieveing the unachievable and making james corden even more of a cunt.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
People really hate this, uh?

I don't think it looks that bad, though I admit that most of what was passing through my mind was "so that's what the human/animal hybrids that humans will inevitably make in the future will look like"

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
The YouTube link in the OP has been removed. But mirrors are all over YouTube.

And wow. That's quite something. Some of it looks like it might work well, but a lot of other stuff is just so... off putting.

It's bold, I'll give them that.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the Kings Speech when it came out but it's clear giving Tom Hooper an Oscar was a mistake. He ruined my favourite musical (les mis) and now he's ruining my favourite animal (cats)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Furry Cats.

It looks like a musical made for furries. Which is kind of surprising since it may limit the mass appeal.

honestly I wouldn't be surprised if furries will hate the look of this too, it's basically the uncanny valley of anthropomorphism where it's way too close to being human it just becomes terrifying

would love to hear some furry responses, actually

personally I think the characters wearing clothes look fine (Idris Elba's actually looks pretty cool) but they just make the naked cat people look even more... obscene? for lack of a better word

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This was a musical right? And another movie? Were either of those so weird looking?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Whoever Francesca Howard is, I'm so sorry they had to introduce you to film this way.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing what Hollywood shits outs every now and then.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ian McKellan as Asparagus is a good choice. Jennifer Hudson as Grizabella is really nice, too. She's definitely doing that song justice. I'm assuming that, that's Taylor Swift as Victoria? It kinda doesn't look like her. Either way, that's not really a singing role. Seems strange to have her there. I don't follow her life, so I'm not sure if she does ballet or anything like that. If she doesn't, that''s another strange choice because Victoria is very dance centric role.

Idris as Macavity seems cool. James Corden, I guess, could pull off Bustopher Jones? I think there may have been better choices there. Dame Judy as Old Deuteronomy is kinda great.

The look of the movie is rough, though. I'm not too excited about the way they decided to portray a lot of these scenes. While Victoria is one of the bigger roles, because the story does kind of revolve around her, it's weird to see the character shoehorned into scenes with Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer. They also went the completely wrong directed with the look. Completely CGI with L.A. Noire esque faces is very off-putting. They cats looks a little too samey, too. Honestly, they should have just filmed the stage production and released it like they did with Rent a few years ago. I'll probably still watch it, though.