• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Yeah, even with the whole, "you keep disappearing" and the fact that he keeps bumping in to her, and if he works at the shelter he should know that she started there too, plus he's clearly wearing the same thing on multiple days (he is shown with different clothes later though).

Anyway, I don't think we should spoiler tag this stuff. It's pretty clear that he's not a normal person. The trailer basically leads you down that path. Also, we only see him interacting with Clarke's character.

Still, it looks good! And maybe they'll subvert it.
honestly, if it ends up being some weird thing like this then I'd probably be more interested in seeing the movie

i can see myself watching the movie and being a bit disappointed if it's just a normal romance thing lol

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
something happened Last Christmas...

is what happened what lead her to be hospitalized? is what happened what caused her to draaaaaag through her life and job??!?

ITS ONLY A THEORY

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the trailer showed almost everything but by the time I see the movie I'll have forgotten most of it... except the spoiler that was talked about here I guess, but whatevs.
Also, Emilia Clarke is great for comedies. It's also nice to see a couple that's not two white people, I hope we see more of that in rom coms. (we will have made a big step the day a big romcom will feature a lgbt couple, but hey, baby steps)

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
It likes one of those trailers that give the whole plot but definitely there's something more. I don't think Emma Thompson would write something so basic.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
i got a... weird vibe from it?

dunno what it is about it

He has a secret to hide, she is hiding a sickness (at least they teased it instead of surprising it?). One or both of them are about to die. Maybe he loves her and then ends up doing a heart/vital organ transplant so she can live and he is dead but a part of him lives on within her forever?

It is called LAST Christmas. Surprised it isn't by Nicholas Sparks.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Weirdly-cut trailer but I'm still excited. Also love the Crazy Rich Asians 2 Henry Golding and Michelle Yeoh casting lol

Oct 25, 2017
Is Henry Golding going to be more Fight Club or Sixth Sense style imaginary person?

Anyways, will support, though def seems like an on demand watch

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I thought that looked really entertaining. I'll probably see it when it's on streaming. I'm indifferent towards Emilia Clarke but I found Henry Golding to be really entertaining in Crazy Rich Asians.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Romcoms barely have any plot. It doesn't matter. It's everything else that matters.
Anyways, Emilia Clarke is always very funny and likable on talk shows, I hope that transfers over. I think she's got a knack for comedy.

Honestly I'd say the same about Sophie Turner.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if this counts as a spoiler, but a lot of people are guessing the twist, correctly IMO:

That Henry Golding's character is actually the ghost/spirit of the man whose heart was use to save Clarke's life in the movie.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I do love rom com's.... and I do love the Holiday's... and I do love Christmas movies...

I'm in.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Super cheesy, seems like a throwback rom-com, and I haven't liked much of Clarke's work outside of Thrones... but I quite enjoyed this trailer. A solid feel good movie from the looks of it.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen enough Christmas movies on Hallmark.

The guy is Santa in disguise.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But wait! The theory thickens. Last Christmas features the music of George Michael, remember? It's named Last Christmas after the Wham! song Last Christmas. And how does the song go? That's right: "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart".

Do you know what this means? It means that Henry Golding plays a man who died in a terrible accident, and he was a registered organ donor, and when Emilia Clarke was ill last Christmas she became the recipient of his heart. He literally gave her his heart, and now his spirit has become her moral guide. This is a rom-com where a woman falls in love with the ghost of a man who was mangled to death in some sort of horrific industrial accident. That has to be it, right?