• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I am up for anything horror involving Del Toro. Looks good.
Del Toro ruined one of the most effective horror films ever with his remake of 'Don't be afraid of the dark', and I've never actually found any of this films scary, so I'm glad he's only producing this.

This film has the potential to be very unsettling AND be a great creature feature film.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The creature feature part, admittedly, has most of my attention; Crawl (2019) is one of my favorite films to come out this year.
That's not really creature feature is it? It's more nature vs human (although obviously exaggerated).

Creature feature is more like Antlers or The Ritual with some kind of actual monster that exists outside of nature.

Crawl was pretty good, though.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. This trailer confirmed that this is one movie I absolutely should not see but absolutely will because I can't resist not watching good horror films.

Oct 28, 2017
This is strange. I had a passing thought about a del Toro film about a leshen or wendigo that must have come out already. Took a bit of Googling but it was Antlers which was supposed to come out in April 2020. Then February 2021 and now it's been removed completely. Fuck you covid! Just release it on demand.

and it's strange since I was the last to post in this thread almost one year ago exactly.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the films I was most looking forward to last year. Read the short story every few months or so to maintain my interest in it, but man. It's really been a year? Just drop it on VOD or something already.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this looks hot.

EDIT:
holy shit this thread is from 2019 LOL. Hadn't even noticed.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
The man won a Best Picture Oscar and still has his projects quietly cancelled. It's pretty amazing.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Damn when I saw the OP was from 2019 i was hoping to see impressions on the film on page 2 of the thread.

Wild.

I'm excited for this, though.

Guessing theres no word on release?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Damn when I saw the OP was from 2019 i was hoping to see impressions on the film on page 2 of the thread.

Wild.

I'm excited for this, though.

Guessing theres no word on release?
It was originally pushed to February 2021 but then went TBA 2021.

It's Fox Searchlight so I'm guessing it's not going to go VOD or be sold to a streaming platform.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Officer Big Mac damn you for bumping this thread and making me think it may be VOD news. I must have watched the first trailer 20 times I was so excited for the film. Oh well. I'll continue to have this in my most anticipated category. Fingers crossed they find a way to get it to us soon

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I hope they dont declaw the story. The short story is fucking brutal, particularly the ending.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I kind of want to read it now but I don't want to blunt any impact the film might have. Hmmm. When in a pandemic you have to do what you have to do.
Hold off on reading it

If the movie does not leave you feeling angry, sad, and a tad bit empty, you know they fucked it up, then you can check out the original for reference.