• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not done with Shadowbringers yet, so I'd like a bullet-point list of the gameplay changes.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do so many FFXIV tracks consist of cheesy rock/metal/electronic music with bad vocals

giphy.gif

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if the free trial edition is going to be that much of the game I really feel like they should take an approach more like SWTOR & just lock the latest expansions to subscribers

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, my sweet summer darlings.

Thinking death is the worst thing that could happen to our cheery boy.

Blue Mage

Oct 29, 2017
Portland, OR
<hears 5 seconds of rock vocal remix of Full Fathom Five and starts tearing up immediately>

And to think I was worried / disappointed when it was revealed that Shadowbringers wouldn't have a Susan Calloway main theme. I mean of course I'd love to have her back for the Zodiark-Hydaelyn finale but damned if ShB hasn't been the absolute best expac musically.

Last edited:

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Talking about the remix, Remix Album coming in September.

www.youtube.com

Pulse: FINAL FANTASY XIV Remix Album - ダイジェストPV

ファイナルファンタジーXIV の人気楽曲を収録したリミックスアルバムが登場!本作は、「新生エオルゼア」「蒼天のイシュガルド」「紅蓮のリベレーター」「漆黒のヴィランズ」で 光の戦士たちの冒険を彩ってきた楽曲から厳選された 14 曲をアレンジし収録。 EDM、Future Bass、House、Techno Pop、...

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

ファイナルファンタジーXIV の人気楽曲を収録したリミックスアルバムが登場!本作は、「新生エオルゼア」「蒼天のイシュガルド」「紅蓮のリベレーター」「漆黒のヴィランズ」で 光の戦士たちの冒険を彩ってきた楽曲から厳選された 14 曲をアレンジし収録。 EDM、Future Bass、House、Techno Pop、...

Already up for preorder, too.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Can't wait to jump in after bouncing for 3 months.
I'm not watching any videos- I want to be surprised!

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Probably gonna skip resubbing, Eureka.2 isn't even coming until September I think? Better wait for a free week and use it to catch up with the new content.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's mah boi Jason Charles Miller rocking the vocals on the end song there. He's cool!

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Finally!!
Can't believe we're finishing the ****** arc!

Trying to get a tank up to 80 by 8/11. I think I want to go DRK, but everytime I see OG WoD, I start wanting to try WAR!

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the second half of the trailer was muuuuch more polished than the first half. Lots of low image quality shots (the one of flying mounts in 2.0 zones in particular...that's a lot of aliasing.)

That said, I'm ready for my heart to break multiple times in this patch.

... I also did not see the NieR raid having the ship as part of the next release. Huh.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

Yoooo! WHAT!? Sign me up, those previews were fire.

Grimsey

Nov 1, 2017
Can someone please tell me if there is an EX Primal in 5.3? They're kind of the only thing I care about and I can't make heads or tails of the patch announcement.

What the heck are:
Chronicles of a New Era - The Sorrow of Werlyt
Save the Queen - Unforgiven, Unforgotten

If anyone can answer this, thanks

Why do so many FFXIV tracks consist of cheesy rock/metal/electronic music with bad vocals
I kind of agree, but when they throw the symphonic version of the song at you later, it hits extra hard because of it

Deleted member 3040

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please tell me if there is an EX Primal in 5.3? They're kind of the only thing I care about and I can't make heads or tails of the patch announcement.
Yes, the new trial will also have an EX version. And while not EX difficulty (probably), there's a new type of trial called "Unreal", which will be old trials adapted for lv 80 (which I guess means it's similar to playing them with minimum ilvl?).

Chronicles of a New Era - The Sorrow of Werlyt
More quests in the quest chain about with the new trio of trials, like will previous expansions. In this case,
the weapons trials. Ruby Weapon was in 5.2, and the next will be in 5.4, so this is just a quest chain

Save the Queen - Unforgiven, Unforgotten
The quest chain for the new relic weapons. There will also be a new large-scale map, which will be a new take on Eureka (from Stormblood) in a sense. The new map seems very reminiscent of Guild Wars 2 imo, with active battles that will seemingly change the map (e.g. if an enemy holds a fortress or not).

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Well honestly I've only skimmed through tracks of the expansions

a lot of boss fights seemed like they fit that description though

I absolutely LOVE the theme for Stormblood's last boss, along with a battle theme from 1.0, but that's about it

So you basically made that judgement by skimming through more than 200 tracks.

Good to know.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
well yes. It seems to be quite a lot of the boss tracks, particularly the summon ones. And IMO they sound very bad
that's some extreme cherrypicking since most of the bossfights are generally melodic chamber or orchestra pieces

like, for each sephirot, you've got at least two lakshmi or titanias to complement it

the cheesy metal stuff is in there (and was admittedly more common in HW thanks to alexander being the raid series), but it's not nearly as prominent as you're making it out to be

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
well yes. It seems to be quite a lot of the boss tracks, particularly the summon ones. And IMO they sound very bad

Boss tracks are just part of the soundtrack, there are alot of tracks that are field tracks , towns and cities, and all have day and night variations.

FFXIV has a very huge music library. I feel that there is soemthing for probably everyone.

And the Stormblood music track you were talking about had Latin lyrics just like some summons,don't know how that is different than the others.

I'd honestly take anything from Soken over recent FF soundtracks, that is including FFVII Remake.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Souken definetly likes it's 'buttrock' but he is definetly one of the most ecliptic composers in SE, being able to change styles easily, from more ambient music:

or orchestral, epic music:

world music:

or absolute dance/electronic bangers:

He's incredibly versatile bringing lots of styles uncommon for the series and I couldn't imagine a better fit for XIV in the whole SE Music department.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm so far behind... Having a kid right after I finished Stormblood put the brakes on my quest.

I'm eager to jump back in.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing the free version a few months ago, heard that the new update will change most of the first part, so I stopped playing it.
Should I still just wait or these changes won't matter much to me as a free player?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
When they shore up the pre-HW quests (where I stopped playing) & release the Series X version I think I may have to jump back in.

I miss being a healer.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I started playing the free version a few months ago, heard that the new update will change most of the first part, so I stopped playing it.
Should I still just wait or these changes won't matter much to me as a free player?
I believe the free version will go all the way to the end of heavensward in the same update, so you will definitely benefit from the changes.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm still level 11 or so, in the beginning. How will the patch impact my current quest? Will it disable my current quest based on if the patch has it updated?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So I'm still level 11 or so, in the beginning. How will the patch impact my current quest? Will it disable my current quest based on if the patch has it updated?
We don't know how it's going to reconcile folks currently in that questing range yet, but chances are if the quest you're on was affected it'll just just have you start that one from the beginning. Chances are the very early stuff won't be heavily affected either way.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

It's extremely unlikely you will be effected at all. Almost all the MSQ trimming is from lvl 30 above based on what they said. Your still in the introduction phase of the story and they aren't touching anything that sets up plot essential characters and world building.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Do we have a timeline for HW and beyond streamline? They did say they want to do it for all the old content over time (only needing to do MSQ and no sidequests).

I am curious if they said something regarding this. My guess is at most 1 per year?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a timeline for HW and beyond streamline? They did say they want to do it for all the old content over time (only needing to do MSQ and no sidequests).

I am curious if they said something regarding this. My guess is at most 1 per year?

Honestly it's pretty easy as it is now to basically only do MSQ.

If you did 1 leveling roulette a day, you'd basically never need to do side quests.

But no they haven't said when that is coming.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Honestly it's pretty easy as it is now to basically only do MSQ.

If you did 1 leveling roulette a day, you'd basically never need to do side quests.

But no they haven't said when that is coming.

Yeah thats the thing I dont wanna do any leveling stuff. It always leads to me dropping the game.

So I love what they wanna do here.