• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Don't watch if you're not caught up unless you don't care about spoilers:

They're going over the patch contents live:

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably hop back on for a bit when this releases, I finished all the 5.0 story stuff and stopped playing.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe we get a Gundam

Also please Yoshi-P don't kill off Exarch i beg of you

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Looks great.
As always after taking a longer break from the game, I've already forgotten how to play my class so I'm reluctant to hop back in...
I'll probably suck it up when the next expansion comes out.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
From the live stream:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing new parts of these areas that I've known for 7 years is super weird

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
lol, they're straight up adding new teleport tickets to bring you right to the Waking Sands.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
looks particularly amazing, even for this game (which always has amazing trailers)

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the free trial is going from level 35 all the way up to 60! So now all of the base game and the first expansion are free.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
If you're a Final Fantasy fan at all and don't pick up the free trial after they expand it, you're a real idiot. That is a huge expansion for it.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Ugh I need to get in on this, but I wanna wait til I move and get a PC. Is the free trial a timed thing, or is it available whenever you decide to try out the game?

Also how much does this streamline ARR? I wanna get to the good stuff as quickly as possible, and I hate bloat.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I need to get in on this, but I wanna wait til I move and get a PC. Is the free trial a timed thing, or is it available whenever you decide to try out the game?

Also how much does this streamline ARR? I wanna get to the good stuff as quickly as possible, and I hate bloat.

Free Trial last until you decided to start paying for the game. No time limit, just gated.

They are cutting down on the bloat of quests where they would ask you to get multiple of something and removing some useless quests plus zero need for extra dungeons for leveling. It will probably still feel a bit slow but better than before.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
We get pilot mech
Death flags everywhere

we ready to cry

it's going be Thancred that falls I bet everything pointing to G'raha is going be a swerve

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Does this streamlining make the "100 quest hell" shorter between ARR and Heavensward? I dipped when I was warned about that, but I'd go in if it was trimmed.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Available whenever you try the game, not time gated. The quest streamlining includes things like a teleport ticket to the Waking Sands (you'll thank them later) and fetch quests that once required 3 different steps being shortened to 1, alongside 13% of the quests being removed entirely.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Does this streamlining make the "100 quest hell" shorter between ARR and Heavensward? I dipped when I was warned about that, but I'd go in if it was trimmed.
Yes, it is trimmed. Though the amount of quests removed entirely isn't a lot (13%), existing quests like fetch quests have been severely truncated.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I sat on my copy of the Complete edition of the game for months waiting for this MSQ changing patch. Guess I can finally give it a shot.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I sat on my copy of the Complete edition of the game for months waiting for this MSQ changing patch. Guess I can finally give it a shot.
Just don't activate your complete edition at all if you haven't yet. The free trial goes up to Heavensward's very end, so maximize the amount of time you can play without needing to pay.
www.resetera.com

Final Fantasy XIV Free Trial and Starter Edition expanded to include up to Heavensward (3.56), level cap raised from 35 to 60, and more

Edit: This will be made available on August 11th, 2020 to coincide with the release of the 5.3 patch. It will apply to all Free Trial accounts. This is absolutely insane.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
ARR IS the good stuff. It's still my favorite arc in the game.
I think you need to at least acknowledge that your viewpoint there is extremely rare. Almost everyone talking about the game highlights how it's only when you start getting to the expansions does the quality increase.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Live Letter is over Bazja or however you spell it looks awesome. I can't wait for this man just like 20 days left