• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Just saw it announced on FFXV's Facebook page.

48339939_2163599373957375_8340132800074088448_n.jpg

December 15th
4:00am PST | 7:00am EST | 12:00pm GMT | 1:00pm CET

Update:

This is just the trailer for the prologue, not the prologue itself. The full thing releases later. The Facebook page even says it's just a first look at the anime:

Last edited:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
All of this I wish was in the game and not in a spinoff mobile game, a feature film, an anime short on youtube, or in a light novel online.

I don't hate the game, but it's never going to get points from me for it's scattered-ass story telling. :S

EDIT:
ardyn-02.jpg

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is just the trailer for the prologue, not the prologue itself. The full thing releases later. The Facebook page even says it's just a first look at the anime:

Make sure you're here to take a first-look at the FFXV Episode Ardyn Anime Prologue!

đź“… December 15th
⏰ 4:00am PST | 7:00am EST | 12:00pm GMT | 1:00pm CET

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking stop with the not in game story telling jesus
Funnily enough, I think the final pieces of story we're going to get for the FFXV universe won't be part of the game itself. Episode Ardyn is the final DLC, but SE has said they want to somehow still tell the stories of the canceled episodes that were originally intended to release after Ardyn (Aranea, Luna, and Noctis).

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tweaked the title to reflect that this is a trailer for the anime prologue, not the prologue itself.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That looks like a young Ardyn but the other two look like Noctis and Luna a little, do we know what is the timeline of this?

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
That looks like a young Ardyn but the other two look like Noctis and Luna a little, do we know what is the timeline of this?

Its supposed to be 2000 or so years ago, the one that looks like Noctis is Somnus the first Lucis king, the blond woman I don't know who is supposed to be, maybe the oracle of that time?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Its supposed to be 2000 or so years ago, the one that looks like Noctis is Somnus the first Lucis king, the blond woman I don't know who is supposed to be, maybe the oracle of that time?
Woah this will be great, Ardyn's past was always interesting, how do we know the name of the first king btw? I don't remember it being said in the game.

Apr 24, 2018
After watchng the train-wreck known as Kingsglaive, I haven't been able to bring myself to watch Brotherhood, even though I heard it was good. Planning on getting to FF15 some time in 2019, hope this turns out well.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Woah this will be great, Ardyn's past was always interesting, how do we know the name of the first king btw? I don't remember it being said in the game.
I think it was first revealed in the Royal Pack from earlier this year. There's a statue dedicated to Somnus in Insomnia, and its description mentions him being the first king. It may have also been mentioned in Ardyn's character bio, I'm not sure.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what?! I had no idea this was coming. This game and its scattered universe is so weird.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Keyart looks intriguing, although Somnus being a Noctis look-a-like and the Oracle a copy pasted Luna is such an anime thing lol

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to get my hands on it. Ardyn is my favorite FF villain and i want to see more of him. Still, i have to agree that i would have liked all the story telling that takes place outside the game to happen in the game. Though, i can't fault them too much since their strategy has paid off, with FF15 becoming one of the best selling FFs of all time.