• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
vykK1Po.png

This new X-Files, or Fringe,-like show comes from one of the showrunners of Fringe, J.H. Wyman. Trailer is below, but in the attempts to make this into an OT, here's a few more details: (And please excuse the quick and dirty nature of this)

Starring:

58C50Hs.png

Riann Steele as Finola Jones, a MI6 operative

nlwUca6.png

Jonathan Tucker as Bryan Beneventi, a CIA operative

Ry5WJW8.jpg

Norbert Leo Butz as Craig Maddox, a CIA operative and Beneventi's handler

t3cHdQ9.png

Scroobius Pip as Anson Ash

Also With:

EMWrLyG.png

Anjali Jay as Priya Ferris, Jones' MI6 handler

Thomas Cadrot as Orbital Agent Tom Gordon

Gabrielle Ryan as Dee Dee, Jones' younger sister

Sebastian Roché as Brill, another MI6 agent

Trailer:

For people outside the US:

Blocked for me, but here's an alt.

Thanks for the link; getting definite Fringe vibes both visually and musically.

Hopefully this is good, and doesn't get cancelled! There aren't too many shows made like this anymore, and I know networks have a tendency to cancel genre shows pretty early, which is part of why I want to support this.

Last edited:

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah im excited too. I actually made a reminder on my phone to make sure I don't miss it lol. I'm a sucker for shows like these which are now quite rare like you said.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Blocked for me, but here's an alt.

Thanks for the link; getting definite Fringe vibes both visually and musically.

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
Will definitely take a look.
Kind of miss those old Bad Robot shows. (Lost, Fringe, Alias)
So if this show is anything like those, I'll be happy.
I tried Manifest, but that was way too cheesy and boring for me.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This is the annual nbc sci fi show that gets cancelled after one or two seasons. Shocked manifest is coming back for round 3

Trail of bodies
The event
Surface
Journeyman
Revolution

What others....hmmm

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the annual nbc sci fi show that gets cancelled after one or two seasons. Shocked manifest is coming back for round 3

Trail of bodies
The event
Surface
Journeyman
Revolution

What others....hmmm
Yeah, it's not a great track record. But part of it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy if no one watches because they are scared of it getting canceled. Every now and then something does end up lasting 3 - 5 seasons and telling a really satisfying story. A lot of the shows you are talking about are 10+ years old.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
This looks cool, but yeah almost any show I like thats like this gets cancelled. Different network, but im still salty about Almost Human

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This sound like a great series that gonna be canceled after one season
Hope I wrong

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, hadn't heard of this but I'm all in on supporting interesting genre television. Hope it gets a UK release.

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you do that do me? I'm still holding a grudge. Haven't watched the spy show they went with instead for that reason.
I'm still upset about only getting half a season of Journeyman. Was such a great show.
The Journeyman cancellation, at least, in part was due to the 07/08 Writers Strike. Also keep in mind, with all these cancellations of 8 - 15+ year old shows... All of the executives who were there back then and ultimately made those decisions are gone, and the current decision makers are completely different people who may have do things differently.

Speaking purely of the current crop of NBC executives, the fact that Manifest is on a third season is a promising sign, at least.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
looks a bit like 'SCP the show'
it really surprises me that with how long SCP has been going on for and how popular it is, there's been very little adaptation of it. I assume that doing a legit 1:1 licensed adaptation is probably a rights nightmare but just the general idea of "secret facility housing dangerous and odd anomalies" seems like such an easy win. The only shows I can think of are like, The Lost Room or Warehouse 13.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I liked fringe early seasons with case of the week and mysterious observers peppered in, checked out when they went full on Observer bad guys/save the world later season.

I will watch it but I do hope it does not end up being some save the world from doom kind of show..

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017

Trail of bodies
The event
Surface
Journeyman
Revolution

What others....hmmm

the problem is the mystery box format doesn't work with fans anymore unless it's bingeworthy out of the gate. No one wants to wait 3-6 months for a payoff any more. If this is an 8 episode season, it might find success.

I am honestly surprised they didn't go the Brave New World route and just push all episodes to Peacock. ill probably wait til theseason is over and watch on Peacock in one weekend.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im really hopeful this show can outlive the curse these shows seem to have lol. This one does look like the best one in awhile at least. Been really looking forward to it since I saw a trailer a few weeks ago.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to get excited for broadcast dramas these days, regardless of pedigree. Will wait for season wide reviews.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Excited to try this, hoping that's its both good and gets at least more than 1 season.

Maybe it's just me, but I keep forgetting the name of this show. I've been hearing about it for several months now at least but I keep thinking it's "Scrap" or something like that, I never remember "Debris."

Bit since it's coming out so soon I'll probably finally get it to stick in my brain.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
"Why do you do this?"

"I wanna make sure the good guys get this before anyone else"

Ehhh...
I'm hopeful but not too hopeful. Will wait to see how the story is and if it gets cancelled..

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's just Fringe?
At a very basic structural level it seems in that vein, but the overall story/mythology is probably going to be completely different since this seems focused on an alien shipwreck rather than another universe.
It's hard to get excited for broadcast dramas these days, regardless of pedigree. Will wait for season wide reviews.
I'm totally with you on that. I don't know why this one is standing out for me -- I think I just am a fan of Wyman's past work and want to try to support that/more sci-fi in general (which is still an underserved genre on television for whatever reason).
"Why do you do this?"

"I wanna make sure the good guys get this before anyone else"

Ehhh...
I'm hopeful but not too hopeful. Will wait to see how the story is and if it gets cancelled..
TBF, that line, and most of the narration in the trailer, seems exactly like stuff written just for the trailer rather than actual lines from the show. Of course, I could absolutely be wrong about that.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
NBC having Peacock now does hopefully bode well for this show. If it doesn't pull network numbers hopefully it can pull enough where they shift it over to Peacock. That is if it is even good to begin with. Premise is cool enough, though the guys statement "I want to make sure the good guys get this technology" is usually foreshadowing of the "good guys" actually being the bad guys and weaponizing the technology or something to that effect.