• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm all in for this game but I'm looking forward to seeing some footage of full matches or the like. Extended gameplay!

Feel like we've seen stuff about the characters before and it's the least interesting stuff for me.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
For the life of me I can't understand how Sony has decided to market this game.

Why in the world would I care about these characters if I don't know what they are supposed to be doing?

All I want to see is a full match playing out.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
I think I've seen more about its PS5 Dash Card intergration, than I have about the gameplay itself. Is it literally just meant to be a destruction derby with powerups? Don't get me wrong, making it a PS+ game for all is gonna be the best chance it has of life, but just such a weird concept to invest so much time/advertising into

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
For the life of me I can't understand how Sony has decided to market this game.

Why in the world would I care about these characters if I don't know what they are supposed to be doing?

All I want to see is a full match playing out.
It's a hero based MP game, it would be weird to not focus on the heroes.
And obviously there will be more footage, they wouldn't release this and then disappear until launch lul.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I have a sneaking suspicion the gameplay isn't much deeper than what you'd guess given the little bits we've seen. I'm excited to play this, it looks like dumb fun, but I'm not confident it has what it takes to really grab hold like a Rocket League. I get more OnRush vibes than anything.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see gameplay, but hell, if I'm playing it through Plus anyway, may as well have a surprise.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This was....underwhelming from a trailer point of view.

Couldn't see most of their names due to too much going on in front of them, so it made it almost...not worth it?

Also, where is the actual gameplay? Less than 2 weeks out and I don't even know what the loop is going to be or even what the HUD looks like.

I'm not complaining because it'll be free, but uh.... I was mildly interested and that's waning fast.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Who cares if we haven't seen a full match. It's pretty obvious what you do and everyone gets it for free with plus anyway. It's gonna be fun as hell and if it isn't it's not like we paid 70 quid for it

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Not super in love with any of these characters, at least from this trailer.

But I still hope this ends up being as fun as it COULD be.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't love the format of the trailer with quick cuts and little information about how each character plays, but every time I see the game itself it looks so good.

This could definitely be a hit.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Everything I've seen of this game just gives me the impression it has been made primarily as a vehicle for selling character skins/emotes/battle passes in an attempt to get a share of that sweet Fortnite market, and that the actual gameplay is a distant secondary concern.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Is this dev (or Sony) just allergic to longform gameplay or something? I mean, we've only seen seconds-long snippets since the game was announced.

It's extremely poorly marketed.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I have zero expectations so hopefully I'm surprised, had it preordered just because "console launch" but now that it's included in plus I can be way more open about it.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
STILL no release date beyond "February" ?

Hmmmmmm. If this is a PS Plus game for February, then that typically means February 1, and it makes me wonder whether it'll hit that release date.

But also, if this is a PS Plus game, they don't really need to do an information trickle. Remind people it exists, then let the gameplay itself sell how multiplayer works. I see what they're doing from a marketing standpoint, and PS Plus is the only cushion they've got to keep me from expecting a failure or mess by default.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Hmmmmmm. If this is a PS Plus game for February, then that typically means February 1, and it makes me wonder whether it'll hit that release date.

To be pedantic, I think PS+ is first Tuesday of the month so it'd be the 2nd.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Something about this trailer is giving me major bleeding edge vibes. Maybe it's the character design?

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the animation, and Genesis with the BatMobile? Intrested in trying this out next month.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

But also, if this is a PS Plus game, they don't really need to do an information trickle. Remind people it exists, then let the gameplay itself sell how multiplayer works. I see what they're doing from a marketing standpoint, and PS Plus is the only cushion they've got to keep me from expecting a failure or mess by default.
They will announce the date at the time that they announce the usual plus lineup.
Which would be next week on the 27th.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Gameplay looks fun, cars look decent, don't really like the character design though, gives me Fortnite vibes. I'll give it a go for the single player.

Probably play it for a week, then wish it was Destruction Derby or Twisted Metal and forgot about it, as I have no interest in multiplayer.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
I'm really glad this is coming to PS+ instead of being $70 retail. This game seems to be primed for PS+

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Reminds me a ton of Bleeding Edge. Not a bad thing, I love that game. I hope this being a PS Plus release early in the gen gives it a healthy community, I'll definitely play.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
It reminds me a lot of Bleeding Age. I hope it doesn't have the same fate as the latest Ninja Theory flop.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Seems like a Rocket League meets Twisted Metal meets Apex Legends kind of deal. It's a hodgepodge of different concepts that worked well in other games, so I'm very curious to see how it turns out. Hope the microtransactions aren't too bad.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Slightly more interested now that it'll be included with Plus, but I can't see it stopping my Rocket League obsession.

Although is it just me, or when it was given the name "AllStars" did others expect it to include PlayStation's wider roster of stars as the character lineup? I realise it's not called "Destruction PlayStation All Stars" but still..